SportsWrath

David Wright

Exit 117

Wright was a slow starter in 08 as well yet had the batting average up like he does this year. I do not worry about David. When you have been a Met fan since the early 80's and remember Hubie Brooks, Howard Johnson, Ray Knight, Gregg Jeffries, Bill Pecota, Ty Wiggington and a collection of names that are unmentionable at 3B you realize how good David is and roll with the streaks. For instance everyone bitched about his RISP batting average in 08 which was 243, no doubt not great but in 07 he hit 360 and in 06 he hit 340 and in 05 he hit 390, so its all relative.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow. Only 6 games in huh. Really? Dude it's freaking baseball. Hitters are cold and hot all year long. He's just starting cold thats all. He'll be fine.

Well it's been about 20 games now and David still looks timid at the plate and really just lost.

Well it's been about 20 games now and David still looks timid at the plate and really just lost.

Yeah. Gettin a little worried at this point. It's almost May, time to get it going. He looks like he is slowly going the other way and trying to work out of it, which is good. I can't understand all the strikeouts though. Could end up being a down year for him. Guess we'll find out.

Like XXI has said, Wright is a notorious slow starter..he will be fine. What I am concerned about

is that he is taking his struggles at the plate into the field with him. 2 errors the past 2 games on

plays that he usually makes? Something is up.

Seems to me that when he comes up in a pressure situation, he puts on his game face and grounds out hard to third. When he is relaxed he is a totally different player at the plate. Maybe he needs to go BullDuram and wear some women's panites or somthing to take his mind off the preasure. I just hope he gets them from a hotter bitch the Susan Suranden :puke:

Wright needs to just say FUCK IT and relax. He is too good a ballplayer to take this kind of shit. Maybe being a lifelong Met fan I remember the shit that has manned 3b... from Hubie Brooks to Bill Pecota, this guy is the best we have EVER had and its time we appreciate it and take the good with the bad.. he will be fine.

now the corner of positions on the other hand........

he about 2 weeks away from being dropped from my fantasy team. 1 home run, ONE FUCKING HOME RUN.

which is one more than he had on this date 2 years ago .. as in April 2007 he hit ZERO homers and drove in 6 runs...

that would make 4. not saying he can't adjust but i'm sure if you watch, there's a pitch he's not getting.

Yeah, it's called the fastball. I've watched almost every game so far this season, and Wright is terribly late on any above average fastball. I'm talking 92 mph and up, he's late. And the problem I'm thinking is that it's just that he's over thinking it up there. When he decides to swing, it's already too late. Maybe he's not picking the ball up well coming out of the pitcher's hand, maybe he just inexplicably doesn't have his timing right, but I think the problem is between the ears, and the pressure has really gotten too him badly.

i think x means i'm a sarcastic bastard. you can cap on zito if you like, x.

nah I like Zito and expect Omar to acquire him at some point so I will be forced to root for him. Sarcasm is a great trait to have...so is understanding it.... :huh:

Damn....Hubie Brooks and Greg Jeffries...two names that faded into the mists of time....wow....was Hubie on the 86 team?

No hubie was traded before the 85 season to montreal in the gary carter deal, along with top pitching prospect floyd youmans and outfielder Herm Winningham and 2 more guys I do not remember..... yes I remember the 3B trash and David Wright certainly is not it!