SportsWrath

NFL Scouts opinion on Jacobs pending Free Agency

RandolphScott

RealGM Staff Report - Jeff Risdon has been in Mobile, Alabama this week for the Senior Ball and one team executive opined to him on Brandon Jacobs' impending free agency.

"Brandon Jacobs had better stay in New York," said the executive to RealGM. "He needs that o-line. Put him behind the line in San Francisco or KC, and he wouldn’t sniff 4 yards per carry."

Link

A RUNNING BACK NEEDS A GOOD OFFENSIVE LINE TO RUN?!!?!!? SAY IT ISN'T SO.

Couldn't get 4 yards per carry? You got to be kidding me....

This isn't Marion Barber we're talking about :LMAO:

Actually I think is Jacobs wasnt behind our O-line and had Hedgecock blocking for him...he wouldnt be that effective of a runner. Probably have alot more injuries as well trying to plow threw a line with no holes in it.

He's right to an extent. I think our line is perfect for him and he's perfect for our line. He's probably the best back for our line to block for because they give him decent enough room in his holes to generate speed which makes it a lot harder for him to be brought down.

Well, let's hope that we don't have to find out if that is true or not. He's the number one priority this off-season and I certainly don't like the prospect of him wearing a different uniform. He sets the tone for the offense(except last Sunday-19 carries Gilbride?) and is a major part of this teams identity.

how much does that guy get paid to tell everyone that Jacobs should stay behind the best OL in football...really? did he do much research on that? That's like saying, if you really want to to get a good sun tan, you really should be out in the sun during the summer....you wouldn't sniff a suntan if you laid out in winter time in Minnesota or Buffalo. :huh:

how much does that guy get paid to tell everyone that Jacobs should stay behind the best OL in football...really? did he do much research on that? That's like saying, if you really want to to get a good sun tan, you really should be out in the sun during the summer....you wouldn't sniff a suntan if you laid out in winter time in Minnesota or Buffalo. :huh:

Actually, this scout, attempting be as diplomatic as possible, is saying that Jacobs needs a superior line to be successful. Jacobs, unlike many other above average or great backs -- Tiki Barber comes to mind, cannot be successful unless gaping holes are blown open and he can run straight ahead.

Otherwise, you have a 260 pound tap dancer. :flex: Entertaining, but not the formula for a great running attack.

The threat that Jacobs poses is limited because:

1) He can't run wide

2) He is not a receiving threat

3) He can't break the long TD run -- yes, he appears to have potential, but he does not come through.

And that is not even considering the fact that he can't stay healthy. As a Dallas fan, I will be thrilled to see Ward go.

Actually, this scout, attempting be as diplomatic as possible, is saying that Jacobs needs a superior line to be successful. Jacobs, unlike many other above average or great backs -- Tiki Barber comes to mind, cannot be successful unless gaping holes are blown open and he can run straight ahead.

Otherwise, you have a 260 pound tap dancer. :flex: Entertaining, but not the formula for a great running attack.

1) He can't run wide

3) He can't break the long TD run -- yes, he appears to have potential, but he does not come through.

And that is not even considering the fact that he can't stay healthy. As a Dallas fan, I will be thrilled to see Ward go.

do you just say these things to get a rise out of us, or do you truly believe what you say?

1) He can't run wide

Badegg, please, stop it. Jacobs best play is the toss sweep with the guard pulling. All his big runs comes from that play...

Badegg, please, stop it. Jacobs best play is the toss sweep with the guard pulling. All his big runs comes from that play...

I dont really mind huge pussy that much, I find him entertaining...in a village idiot sort of way, but some of the things he says are just beyond retarded...like his last post

1) He can't run wide

right....most 1000 yard rushers are tip toers

lebron james is by far the biggest bandwagon fan ever. bulls, yankees, and cowboys. how the hell are you a bulls fan growing up in cleveland in the 90's?

going to see him tonight vs. Monta's first day back from the moped accident.

1) He can't run wide

save yourself, the dog already tried this argument...should he go elsewhere, it will be deemed true.

1) He can't run wide

Do you have the same feelings on Marion Barber? He's kind of a Jacobs clone, but he can catch the

ball better.