SportsWrath

2 free agents I want from the superbowl teams...

BurnThePhilFans

I think McFadden, Ross, Webster and Dockery, Phillips, Johnson/Butler can form a great young secondary. He would be a great and young addition that would allow us to drop McQuarters and Madison (I hate to say that cause I love Madison) - but those guys are old.

Madison should retire and become assistant DB coach. From everything you read he is always teaching up the youngsters and shows a natural aptitude towards coaching.

I think McFadden, Ross, Webster and Dockery, Phillips, Johnson/Butler can form a great young secondary. He would be a great and young addition that would allow us to drop McQuarters and Madison (I hate to say that cause I love Madison) - but those guys are old.

The problem is, BTPF, is that McFadden will go to a team where he can be the starter, not a nickel back. Ross and Webster are entrenched as the starters in NY, so that will not happen for the Giants. However, you forget Terrell Thomas in your post, who is a good looking young player. I think between him and Dockery, we have 4 pretty good cornerbacks, and we might draft another one as a project. I don't think Madison will be back and probably not McQ's either. As far as Butler, I think he is a FA and will probably (hopefully) not be back. I don't think he is only worth the league minimum and he's getting paid as a starter. Phillips and Johnson are going to be a great tandem, methinks.

As for Dansby, I wouldn't overpay for him although I think he's a great player. I would rather address our WLB with our first round pick, or at worst, our first second round pick (from New Orleans). There seems to be some good coverage OLB's in this draft that will be available for us. I also am big on Brian Kehl's potential. Seeing him in the action that he did get, he just seemed like he was a real player to me. Between him and new blood, I think we can form a pretty formidable linebacking crew.

The problem is, BTPF, is that McFadden will go to a team where he can be the starter, not a nickel back. Ross and Webster are entrenched as the starters in NY, so that will not happen for the Giants. However, you forget Terrell Thomas in your post, who is a good looking young player. I think between him and Dockery, we have 4 pretty good cornerbacks, and we might draft another one as a project. I don't think Madison will be back and probably not McQ's either. As far as Butler, I think he is a FA and will probably (hopefully) not be back. I don't think he is only worth the league minimum and he's getting paid as a starter. Phillips and Johnson are going to be a great tandem, methinks.

As for Dansby, I wouldn't overpay for him although I think he's a great player. I would rather address our WLB with our first round pick, or at worst, our first second round pick (from New Orleans). There seems to be some good coverage OLB's in this draft that will be available for us. I also am big on Brian Kehl's potential. Seeing him in the action that he did get, he just seemed like he was a real player to me. Between him and new blood, I think we can form a pretty formidable linebacking crew.

Your right I did forget TT - odd considering I noticed how well he has played and have been a big supporter of his. I wouldn't mind drafting more LB's but it seems we draft linebackers every year and none of them have the impact he hoped for. I honestly believe LB and WR are our only weakness. Address those two positions and add some depth in the secondary and we're golden.

I don't know how well "entrenched" Ross is...

Also - Kenny Phillips played solid in his time as a rookie but was anyone else a little bit disappointed in him? I mean he played pretty good but all the reports out of training camp had him pegged as the next Ed Reed. I don't think he even had an interception. He did look good in his tackling and blitzes but I would like the kid to get his hands on the ball more next season. I didn't see that closing speed from sideline to sideline on the deep ball that everyone raved about in training camp. If this guy can become half of what Polamalu is in terms of teams not being able to throw the ball more than 20 yards on our defense without risking a pick then I'll be very happy.

Also - Kenny Phillips played solid in his time as a rookie but was anyone else a little bit disappointed in him? I mean he played pretty good but all the reports out of training camp had him pegged as the next Ed Reed. I don't think he even had an interception. He did look good in his tackling and blitzes but I would like the kid to get his hands on the ball more next season. I didn't see that closing speed from sideline to sideline on the deep ball that everyone raved about in training camp. If this guy can become half of what Polamalu is in terms of teams not being able to throw the ball more than 20 yards on our defense without risking a pick then I'll be very happy.

Phillips did have one pick that I know of. I missed most of the games due to work (stupid Wednesday-Thursday off schedule), but from what I've heard he's a tackling machine.

If he was starting, which I think he will be next season, we'd see more of what you want.

We dont need McFadden, but I ve been saying Dansby since I knew he was a FA. Its a need and he is a tackling machine. He's the leading tackler for AZ.

I think the Cardinals will do everything they can to keep Dansby, I don't expect him to leave.

I don't understand why you would bring in another guy in the secondary. We finally have some serious players out there that are very young. Somebody said this earlier, but there seems to be some dislike for Ross creeping in and I don't get that at all. He's played 2 years and overall has been good and covers well. Infact any time he's been beaten, it's usually because he's slipped, which happens everyone. He plays physical too, which may draw some flags, but wide receivers are so much bigger and stronger now, so you need too.

And in regards to Madison, I absolutely could see him move right into coaching, he's halfway there already.

For all intensive purposes, Kenny Phillips was very solid this year. I'm not at all disappointed, he made mistakes but it was mostly being aggressive. However I was more impressed with Terrell Thomas, I think this guy is a real keeper. I loved his attitude in the offseason when he said he was going to be the starter.

For all intensive purposes, Kenny Phillips was very solid this year. I'm not at all disappointed, he made mistakes but it was mostly being aggressive. However I was more impressed with Terrell Thomas, I think this guy is a real keeper. I loved his attitude in the offseason when he said he was going to be the starter.

For all intents and purposes?