SportsWrath

It's hard not to expect a rematch with the Panthers

boohyah

Even if that team loses in New Orleans next week and loses the 3 seed, I fully expect them back. It's like looking in a mirror. Theor offensive line did a hell of a job protecting Delhomme, he was barely touched out there. Good defense, good running game, decent coaching. It's hard not to see it happening.

They had us on the ropes and they didn't close.

Oh and why wasn't Kasay flagged for a false start on that play?

after the 2006 season, the NFL made the choice to throw fewer false starts penalties on players in the backfield if it did not impact the play (flinching in this case)...the dog is of the opinion that the flinch had a greater impact on Kasay missing the field goal than helping him, so as a giant fan you may be more thankful that they didn't flag him and give him a second shot from 55 (although they may have chosen to punt at that point)...

Even if that team loses in New Orleans next week and loses the 3 seed, I fully expect them back. It's like looking in a mirror. Theor offensive line did a hell of a job protecting Delhomme, he was barely touched out there. Good defense, good running game, decent coaching. It's hard not to see it happening.

I think the Saints will beat the Panthers this week. Looks like Payton has finally gone back to some basic fundamentally sound football on offense and has shown he is willing to commit to the run long enough to keep the defense honest. They are hungry and want to prove they are better than their record yada yada yada. I think Carolina stuggles to much on the road to come into the meadowlands in January and win. I doubt they make it that far.

With no timeouts for the Giants why FOX ran the wildcat and a run to set up a 50 yard FG was beyond me. They could have thrown and not allowed the Giants to stop the clock and if the did not get it a punt back to them was OT because there was NO FRIGGIN SHOT IN HELL that Kasay was kicking a 50 yarder into that wind. NO way, he could have tried it 10 times, he was not hitting it. Trust me I sat with it facing my face all night and it was brutal, very odd in fact because usually the west end zone(where that kick was attempted) is with the wind but the storm last night moved out west to east thus changing the usual swirl of Giants stadium.

I think the Saints will beat the Panthers this week. Looks like Payton has finally gone back to some basic fundamentally sound football on offense and has shown he is willing to commit to the run long enough to keep the defense honest. They are hungry and want to prove they are better than their record yada yada yada. I think Carolina stuggles to much on the road to come into the meadowlands in January and win. I doubt they make it that far.

Saints need to lose. We need a higher 2nd and 5th. :)