SportsWrath

The Era of the Diva Receiver Comes to a Close.

fringe

Look around at the top receivers in the league these days and you'll see team focused solid citizens like

Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Boldin

Calvin Johnson

Roddy White

The Divas are either fading away or will in the next couple of years. I don't know if this change occurred at the college level (less Miami players) or pros or what but I for one am glad to see it. Teams are realizing that these clowns aren't worth the trouble they bring. Our resident diva may just cause us to miss a chance at a repeat Super Bowl.

he got us one though so i'd say we're even. if we lose because of him and they want to cut him i'm cool w/ that

it's true- when you sign a deal with the devil- the devil makes you pay. not that there's a devil. i think he definitely will be cut. his goodwill account is overdrawn.

it's true- when you sign a deal with the devil- the devil makes you pay. not that there's a devil. i think he definitely will be cut. his goodwill account is overdrawn.

no doubt. at least we're the most successful of all the teams that signed a diva receiver. none of those other wr's have won championships although owens' performance w/ the eagles was admirable

Don't forget about Andre Johnson, you never hear his name in anything, let alone controversy and he's maybe the best receiver in the league.

TJ Hoosyourmama, to stay out of trouble in that environment is a feat itself.

Dwayne Bowe - good story too, at LSU they couldn't figure out his problem as an underclassmen, turns out he was nearly blind and had lasik before his senior year and turned into an awesome receiver.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The potential to become a diva is always there for most of these guys. TO didn't become TO until he was the man in SF.

This is true also, especially when they see over-rated, loudmouth jerks like Meshawn Johnson get lucritive TV contracts and exposure after they leave the game.

Don't forget about Andre Johnson, you never hear his name in anything, let alone controversy and he's maybe the best receiver in the league.

TJ Hoosyourmama, to stay out of trouble in that environment is a feat itself.

Dwayne Bowe - good story too, at LSU they couldn't figure out his problem as an underclassmen, turns out he was nearly blind and had lasik before his senior year and turned into an awesome receiver.

andre's a little bit of a diva if he doesn't get the ball, but he does it quietly. IMO he's by far the best receiver in football. dude puts up ridiculous numbers no matter who the qb is (and that includes david carr and sage rosenfels)

It's absurd to think the guys you mentioned aren't catered to to a large extent. They just aren't stupid about carrying guns to clubs, honor contracts, and don't yell at the quarterbacks and coaches that ARE their livelihood.

I would venture to say that most pro football players are Divas.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The potential to become a diva is always there for most of these guys. TO didn't become TO until he was the man in SF.

true-his first 2 years were pretty quiet. he made up for it after that.

it's just a theory but i don't necessarily think it's that the personalities have changed, but the attitude of the teams towards divas have resulted in less diva-ish displays. it takes a total team effort to consistently win, as proven by the giants and new england. randy moss, the biggest diva to walk the earth, figured it out.

What about Steve Smith? Is he a diva? I know he's gotten into some trouble fighting with teammates, but is that diva-ish? I don't think he's ever acted out the way guys like T.O., Chad Johnson etc., have, has he?

Not sure, so I guess I'm just asking, Is Steve Smith a diva??

What about Steve Smith? Is he a diva? I know he's gotten into some trouble fighting with teammates, but is that diva-ish? I don't think he's ever acted out the way guys like T.O., Chad Johnson etc., have, has he?

Not sure, so I guess I'm just asking, Is Steve Smith a diva??

Man what I would give to have Smith wearing Giant's uniform.

This is true also, especially when they see over-rated, loudmouth jerks like Meshawn Johnson get lucritive TV contracts and exposure after they leave the game.

I never....ever....could understand the level of hype and sheer worship this guy's limited skill set would elicit from obviously non athletic sports writers. Too me he was a darker version of Phil McConkey (lol...in terms of skill level...not personality) than anything else.