SportsWrath

yeah we dont need burress. hixon can step right in for him and we wont miss a beat

Herc

not saying we would've won with burress, but people were putting hixon in the hall of fame during the burress arguments last week. that hixon drop was HUGE

Anyone who said that is as stupid as anyone who thinks Burress being out was a factor in this loss.

i definitely think we're not the same team w/o burress, but i wouldn't go as far as to say one wr would've made the difference in today's game

Sure it wasnt the same....but there was ALOT of factors in there also. What happened to the O-line? they looked like shit.

Sure it wasnt the same....but there was ALOT of factors in there also. What happened to the O-line? they looked like shit.

agreed.

there were a TON of stupid comments in JR's burress thread last week about how we didnt need burress and how we should just cut him cuz we had the second coming of jerry rice in hixon. hixon's drop is arguably a turning point in the game

:mellow:

The guy dropped a pass and suddenly we suck?

Look, it's fucked up that we lost but it's what it is.. our team came out flat and everyone dropped passes... Would Plax have given us a better chance? No one can say for sure... Plax has disappeared and dropped passes too.

i definitely think we're not the same team w/o burress, but i wouldn't go as far as to say one wr would've made the difference in today's game

I don't know about that. Normally I'd agree with you, but if Plax is in, he catches the Hixon drop, and probably at least a couple of the others. If Plax makes the Hixon drop, that's a sure TD, and the Gmen win 21-20. Doesn't matter, games over, Dallas looms next week, time to move on.

Who was it putting Hixon in the hall-of-fame or calling him the next Rice btw? I don't recall that.

All I remember is people saying Hixon could step in and fill his shoes. Especially when he (Plax) wasn't having a good year to begin with.

if nobody was saying stuff like that (the rice thing is my words) then i wasted a lot of time arging with myself. there were literally people giving plax no credit for the super bowl run and saying we would've won it w/o him

if nobody was saying stuff like that (the rice thing is my words) then i wasted a lot of time arging with myself. there were literally people giving plax no credit for the super bowl run and saying we would've won it w/o him

I agree with you about last year, but Plax isn't putting up Plax numbers this year. Saying Hixon can replace him at this point is nowhere near putting him in the HOF.

Romo just picked off by Palamalalalalu. :clap:

you're prob right rick, im just doing a little humoring because that's a few 'ifs'

Yeah, we're all going to need a little humoring this week. :brooding: Funny how we Giants fans as a whole act like Ray Handley was coaching Dave Brown, while Trey Junkin was holding today, isn't it?

Yeah, we're all going to need a little humoring this week. :brooding: Funny how we Giants fans as a whole act like Ray Handley was coaching Dave Brown, while Trey Junkin was holding today, isn't it?

Yeah, when you get used to winning it makes losing that much harder to swallow. :D

Yeah, when you get used to winning it makes losing that much harder to swallow. :D

That's true, man, and I'm as pissed as anyone else. Probably more as I live with a Dallas fan, and frequently have a dozen or so over to my house on a regular basis. But hell, the season isn't over, it just got tougher. BTW, am I mistaken in thinking that even if the 'Boys pull a win out in Pitts, we can still take the division with a win over Dallas? Or does Dallas have to lose today for us to lock it up next week?

That's true, man, and I'm as pissed as anyone else. Probably more as I live with a Dallas fan, and frequently have a dozen or so over to my house on a regular basis. But hell, the season isn't over, it just got tougher. BTW, am I mistaken in thinking that even if the 'Boys pull a win out in Pitts, we can still take the division with a win over Dallas? Or does Dallas have to lose today for us to lock it up next week?

Dallas looses(which they will :P) and we win the Division.

Yeah I'm not under the impression the sky is falling. I mean we lost to a tough division opponent with a winning record.

We played like absolute shit (and that's what pisses me off) and still only lost by six.