SportsWrath

Jeremy Droppy!

Sephiroth

After watching Droppey make a catch, drag a defender a few yards, then sprint to the line of scrimmage with a sense of urgency, I couldn't help but think of how many times he cost the Giants a delay of game penalty by spiking the ball after a play like that. :brooding:

After watching Droppey make a catch, drag a defender a few yards, then sprint to the line of scrimmage with a sense of urgency, I couldn't help but think of how many times he cost the Giants a delay of game penalty by spiking the ball after a play like that. :brooding:

yeah, that only happened once....

had he been like that when he was here, he would still be here

yeah, that only happened once....

Hmm.. you may be right, since I think they just started calling that last year. It wasn't the 1st time he spiked it after a non touchdown though. And I can think of 2 occasions off the top of my head in which Shockey had a chance to recover a fumble or make a tackle after a fumble but gave up on the play. Good riddance.

Hmm.. you may be right, since I think they just started calling that last year. It wasn't the 1st time he spiked it after a non touchdown though. And I can think of 2 occasions off the top of my head in which Shockey had a chance to recover a fumble or make a tackle after a fumble but gave up on the play. Good riddance.

I've seen all most every game Shockey has played and I can't think of one time Shockey 'took off' on a play. The guy went 110 miles an hour. That's why he was always hurt...

I've seen all most every game Shockey has played and I can't think of one time Shockey 'took off' on a play. The guy went 110 miles an hour. That's why he was always hurt...

Washington, 2005. Shockey feels that he is "interfered" with, quits on his route and lets Lemar

Marshall intercept the ball.

So have I...

Like I said, I can think of 2 times off the top of my head where there was a turnover and instead of Shockey turning into a defender, he was walking off the field or just standing around.

Washington, 2005. Shockey feels that he is "interfered" with, quits on his route and lets Lemar

Marshall intercept the ball.

You mean the play Shockey said he didn't know the ball was intercepted until it was to late. That's why he didn't go after the defender and was looking for the flag. Nice try pumpkin...

You mean the play Shockey said he didn't know the ball was intercepted until it was to late. That's why he didn't go after the defender and was looking for the flag. Nice try pumpkin...

Or mean when he turns away from the ball and lets Marshall step in front of it?

Seriously Nem, the act is getting real old. Shockey is a shell of his former

self...hell in fact the biggest impact he ever made was in that preseason game

against the Texans.

Talk about someones bark louder that its bite.

Oh and thanks for proving my point, Didn't know the ball was intercepted?! Are you fucking kidding me?

So he'd rather look for the flag than tackle the guy who just stepped in front of the pass intended to him,

give me a fucking break Nem.

against the Texans.

Oh and thanks for proving my point, Didn't know the ball was intercepted?! Are you fucking kidding me?

So he'd rather look for the flag than tackle the guy who just stepped in front of the pass intended to him,

:rolleyes:

Well, I'm going by what the guy who was involved in the play said... I didn't know, you, the spectator, had more insight to what Shockey was thinking than Shockey himself. The biggest impact Shockey ever made was in a preseason game? Yeah, ok... Keep thinking that...

Even Gilbrite said we were lucky Steve Smith was able to step up and take Shockey place. Your Shockey hatrid is getting real old too...

Well, I'm going by what the guy who was involved in the play said... I didn't know, you, the spectator, had more insight to what Shockey was thinking than Shockey himself. The biggest impact Shockey ever made was in a preseason game? Yeah, ok... Keep thinking that...

Even Gilbrite said we were lucky Steve Smith was able to step up and take Shockey place. Your Shockey hatrid is getting real old too...

Smith plays TE? :confused:

I thought Boss took Shockeys place? Even then Boss is out performing the Shockster.

And I know Shockey converted a number of downs but Toomer was making a living off third down conversions before Smith came along.

I loved Shockey when he was here don't get me wrong..but now that I look back on it I think I was just wearing blue glasses when I was watching him play in the final years here.

Right...and you believe Shockey's right in his assessment of that route? I don't.. at all.

It was Shockey thinking of himself (Why didn't I get that penalty) rather then

"Let me tackle this dude FOR the team"

A whole bunch of players stepped in to take Shockey's production, Kevin Boss and Steve Smith are

the 2 guys who've done that the most. They stepped up, which is more than I could ever say about Shockey's

production.

Find where I said I hate Shockey, go ahead..try it...you won't be able to find it because I've said

no such thing. I'm not the only fan who was sick and tired of his childish antics on and off the field.

New Orleans was crazy when they gave up that 2nd round pick...thanks New Orleans, I hope

your enjoying that malcontent down there!!!

Smith plays TE? :confused:

I thought Boss took Shockeys place? Even then Boss is out performing the Shockster.

And I know Shockey converted a number of downs but Toomer was making a living off third down conversions before Smith came along.

I loved Shockey when he was here don't get me wrong..but now that I look back on it I think I was just wearing blue glasses when I was watching him play in the final years here.

Dude, you know what I mean. I'm sure gilbrite wasn't talking about Smith Replacing Shockey by playing TE. I'm sure he meant Smith stepped up and made some tough catches. Usually reserved for Shockey...

Dude, you know what I mean. I'm sure gilbrite wasn't talking about Smith Replacing Shockey by playing TE. I'm sure he meant Smith stepped up and made some tough catches. Usually reserved for Shockey...

I still don't see what you mean.

Hell all our WR's have made tough catches infact Toomer makes some of the best catches in the game...well atleast toe drag catches. Boss is also catching the ball well, in all honesty Gilbride and the Giant's new Shockey was replaceable...it's why they traded him.

I almost had the same thing when Tiki left, everyone well maybe not everyone was talking shit about Tiki the year he left. I actually defended him much like you are doing to Shockey now. Then I realized the reason that people we're saying things about Shock is that he wasnt the right team players for us, I mean he put ALOT of himself into the team....but he was replaceable with guys who could come in and do better. Tiki was replaced by Jacobs, Ward and the other RBs we had at the time, and Shockey has been replaced with Boss who is reliable and the play of our WR's. I mean we are missing Tiki's play in terms of just breaking off the big gain and we are missing in away Shock's intensity on the O...but we are no longer a team that needs both.

Like I'm not trying to bring down anything Shockey did, he played good for us and he helped up win games but in the end he was replaceable on this team and he acted like he wasnt. When we drafted Boss and even Smith I think the Giant's said "Hey wait a minuet....we have two guys who can easily come in and catch the ball....so why are we trying to force it to Shockey all the time?" We tried to feed Shock the ball and when we did he was happy when we didnt he was usually pissed but sometimes he was fine with it. Anyways I'm getting off course here.

I think what it is, is people now realize when Shockey was with us...we put up with some stuff we didnt have to...and now that he is gone we finally see what a team working together can do.

Right...and you believe Shockey's right in his assessment of that route? I don't.. at all.

It was Shockey thinking of himself (Why didn't I get that penalty) rather then

"Let me tackle this dude FOR the team"

A whole bunch of players stepped in to take Shockey's production, Kevin Boss and Steve Smith are

the 2 guys who've done that the most. They stepped up, which is more than I could ever say about Shockey's

production.

Find where I said I hate Shockey, go ahead..try it...you won't be able to find it because I've said

no such thing. I'm not the only fan who was sick and tired of his childish antics on and off the field.

New Orleans was crazy when they gave up that 2nd round pick...thanks New Orleans, I hope

your enjoying that malcontent down there!!!

Ok, I apologize for taking the word of the player who was actually involved in the play. Instead, the word of the person who watching it on TV. I'm sorry...

It's a good thing you didn't watch the Giants play in the 80's. Taylor did alot of things on and off the field that some would consider childish.

Like I said, I'm glad Shockey played for the Giants and I wouldn't changed anything he did... Before Shockey came, the offense were a bunch of push-overs and made me fucking sick. Finally, somebody who had some fucking balls and attitude was playing on offense. I for one was thrilled Shockey called out the players and the coaches after the Seattle lost. Finally, some one held this team accountable.

TE is just one of those positions where guys get beat up and tend to decline quickly and have short careers.

Shockey gave us the best he will ever have to give.

One play last year pissed me off tho. That Int to Urlacher I think. Whoever it was, Shockey made no effort to break up the INT.

against the Texans.

There was that one play (same year) in which he demolished the Colts' DB who called him out earlier in the week.

Shockey was awesome in his rookie season, and never reached that level again.

And Smith doesn't drop the easy ones!