SportsWrath

With multiple draft picks traded away, the 05' draft wasn't looking great....

BurnThePhilFans

After watching that crap fest of two professional football teams last night, I'd say we are leaps and bounds above the Bills and Browns(forget the off game), at least...they both looked awful...

50/50

No amount of scouting can account for the unknown. But scouts can pick out the more likely to succeed.

has to be more than 50/50- otherwise we could get monkeys to to the drafting. i think the giants organization, top to bottom right now is the finest in football.

A lot of this success has to go to Chris Mara, he is the head of scouting and was next in line for the GM spot after Reese. The organization as a whole top to bottom decided against it as he is technically a part owner, so he stayed director of scouting. His resume is tremendous. Yes he was born into this, but in the early 90's he left the orgainzation to start his own scouting company and kind of learned the trade working in the Arena league. Its nice to know that the man who runs your scouting department has more than just a vested interest of a pay check in it.

A lot of this success has to go to Chris Mara, he is the head of scouting and was next in line for the GM spot after Reese. The organization as a whole top to bottom decided against it as he is technically a part owner, so he stayed director of scouting. His resume is tremendous. Yes he was born into this, but in the early 90's he left the orgainzation to start his own scouting company and kind of learned the trade working in the Arena league. Its nice to know that the man who runs your scouting department has more than just a vested interest of a pay check in it.

A pay check is nice and all but keeping them coming is important too. Scouts who don't produce soon find themselves without paychecks.

But you are right Chris does a great job and as someone who works in a family business having your own name involved certainly does add some motivation to doing a good job.

Are you serious? If we didn't want Eli so bad we would have drafted Big Ben, Shawn Meriman, Shaun Alexander, and we would have won every super bowl since 2005.

No.... Meriman's career is already on the down swing, Shaun Alexander wasn't needed - our running game was just as effective with Tiki as seattle's was with Shaun, and Ben - the jury is still out on. He takes a ton of sacks and he has had an alternating pattern of 1 good season 1 bad season

No.... Meriman's career is already on the down swing, Shaun Alexander wasn't needed - our running game was just as effective with Tiki as seattle's was with Shaun, and Ben - the jury is still out on. He takes a ton of sacks and he has had an alternating pattern of 1 good season 1 bad season

Yeah, but all that stuff is now, I'm talking the last 3 or 4 years. The 2 headed monster of Tiki/Alexander (kinda like Jacobs/ward/bradsahaw, only with 2 great backs), Ben won the super bowl his rookie year and for a few years Merriman was better than LT. We'd be back to back to back champs, the'd rename the Lombardi Trophy the Coughlin Trophy.

I wonder how the Charger fans are thinking about the trade now? Do they still think they got the better deal?

Well.. a lot of Giants (and other) fans thought that too. I was one of those who thought Eli is the real deal.. his game at SD showed me all I needed to see. I'll admit I had doubts.. but what human doesn't

Yeah, but all that stuff is now, I'm talking the last 3 or 4 years. The 2 headed monster of Tiki/Alexander (kinda like Jacobs/ward/bradsahaw, only with 2 great backs), Ben won the super bowl his rookie year and for a few years Merriman was better than LT. We'd be back to back to back champs, the'd rename the Lombardi Trophy the Coughlin Trophy.

False....he went 15 - 1 in his rookie year and lost to the Patriots...he won the Superbowl in his second year

You guys really need a lesson in sarcasm.

And Blu, the whole Alexander thing was a part of the sarcasm. I was gonna throw some names from the early 90's in there but thought it would make it too obvious.

Anyway, glad the board still can't detect bull shit worth a damn.

Anyone that even responded to what you said , correct that even THOUGHT about responding to what you said should get an immediate 10 day ban from SW to think about what they did.

Its like you were so sarcastic it actually almost seemed like you weren't I guess. ;)

You guys really need a lesson in sarcasm.

And Blu, the whole Alexander thing was a part of the sarcasm. I was gonna throw some names from the early 90's in there but thought it would make it too obvious.

Anyway, glad the board still can't detect bull shit worth a damn.

i didn't read what you were referring to but the others all pertained to eli. your sarcasm was lost on me. maybe the high and mighty xxxxxilc will excuse my suspension.

i didn't read what you were referring to but the others all pertained to eli. your sarcasm was lost on me. maybe the high and mighty xxxxxilc will excuse my suspension.

I thought the part about winning 7 super bowls in 3 years would have been a pretty good indicater.

Plus, I always thought I've been a pretty vocal Eli supporter on this board, but, oh well.