SportsWrath

The Aftermath

See comments below short article

Samples:

Mike jenkins is wuss. Did anyone see him not even make an attempt to tackle Bradshaw on his touchdown run. We need cbs,qbs,off.tackles. Even when Romo comes back, our defense will be the same. All that zone coverage is get us killed. I could complete passes against that D with corners playing 10-15 yards off the receivers. Maybe we should consider going back to a 4-3 scheme. My prediction for the rest of the season is not good. We want make the playoffs. That hurts me to say.

This team is the laughingstock of the league. this is gut check time

See comments below short article

Samples:

Mike jenkins is wuss. Did anyone see him not even make an attempt to tackle Bradshaw on his touchdown run. We need cbs,qbs,off.tackles. Even when Romo comes back, our defense will be the same. All that zone coverage is get us killed. I could complete passes against that D with corners playing 10-15 yards off the receivers. Maybe we should consider going back to a 4-3 scheme. My prediction for the rest of the season is not good. We want make the playoffs. That hurts me to say.

This team is the laughingstock of the league. this is gut check time

SWEET Bradshaw got a TD too DAMN I Missed that one :rolleyes:

oh and they have a point .

"Tony Romo can't tackle running backs" :P

To me, this epitomizes a Dallas fan. What did he get wrong, let me count the ways.....

BRADSHAW TD run???? :huh: It was Ward ya Doofus. I dont know what he says right after that :unsure: And, they WANT make the playoffs?? This guys grammar and memory are as bad as his pathetic excuse for a team.

Dallas had better worry about getting some defensive tackles and ends who aren't completely one dimensional pass rushers before they work on their injury decimated defensive backfield....we put up nearly 200 yards on the ground compared to like 140 through the air.

There's some good stuff at the cowgirls forum.

I particularly like this little tidbit:

Did anyone catch my girl (Pam Oliver) practically DISS Tuck in the post game interview? She said (along the lines) that how did Tuck feel about being able to beat a DEPLETED Cowboys football team, and Tuck got bothered by it saying "depleated, they got how many Pro-Bowlers out there"? Oilver then responded by saying 'Don't give me any of that rah-rah business, you know Dallas was down a few players".Anyway, I think Pam Oliver kept it real, and brought the Giants back down to earth.

Posted by jumboballer

Reply:

Yeah. lol at least we have that don't we.

no wonder we suck.

Official Hire Steve Spagnuolo Thread

First post: 10/7/2008

Last post: 11/3/2008

Total posts: 2 Phillips is toast and Cowher has too much respect for himself to listen to and follow Jerry's input on everything (see Parcells, Bill).

One could easily make the argument that Spagnuolo, the Defensive Coordinate for the NY Giants, is the best candidate for the position.

Spagnuolo's defense singly handedly turned around the NFL playoffs last year and allowed the G men to win the super bowl - on the road the Giants defense terrorized the Cowboys and Packers, and eventually outsmarted the Cheatriots to win it all.

The Cowboys' coaching staff, the highest paid in the league, is an embarrassment. They lead the league in penalties and if there were a stat for stupidity they would lead the league in that as well.

What they need, in quick order, is some discipline and respect for themselves....

On being bashed by the media...

Usually I think the media is out of line with their bias but given how we are playing I cant disagree with francesa. Instead of trying to use the media as scapegoats for our team's lack of heart and incompetent coaching staff.You guys read how jacobs heard how the defense was confused and trying to figure out what gap to cover. Hey we need to face it right now our team is a joke and will continue to be until they play better.

Posted by impatient

Reply:

OMG we get owned every year....I hate this

Official Hire Steve Spagnuolo Thread

Something I have been wondering is why Gilbride is never mentioned but Spagnuolo is the number one assistant for a HC job. I know most people dog Gilbride but the offense is ranked very close to the defence statistically.

Offense          Record     Rank
Total Yards     371.4       5
Passing Yards     208.8     17
Rushing Yards     162.6     2
Points Scored     28.2       2
Field Goal %     94.7       6

Defense        Record     Rank
Total Yards     260.4        3
Passing Yards     175       2
Rushing Yards     85.4      7
Points Allowed     16.1      4
Field Goal %     90.9       26

On Jacobs:

So if they were not tackling how do explain that up until he popped a 25 yard run late in the second quarter Jacobs was averaging a whopping 3 yards per carry. He had been given the ball 9 times for a whopping 27 yards. Now you claim to be able to tackle Jacobs, fair enough, but lets see how well you tackle him after being on the field for 18+ minutes buy the time he gets the ball for the 10th time and breaks it for 25. You think just maybe that after being pounded on by the offensive line for the majority of the half you just might be spent. The simple fact is the defense kept Jacobs in check for most of the first half--keeping most of his gains to an average of 3 yards. You think they suddenly forgot to tackle or might it be that they were worn down by a very good OL and big back?

Posted by bluestreak72

Reply:

It's a good thing the game ends at halftime, otherwise the gints might've established a running game.....

On being counted out:

Look people, we play 7 more games. wich means all we can do is control what we do . There is 8 more weeks to the season . Anything can happen to those teams that we are running with. We had some mis fortune with injuries, it happens. And thats the thing it happens. Other teams will get bit by that bug to between now and then . And then there world can crash down. My point is to many of us fans are giving up. I for one am not . Now im not blind, i see the things we need to work on. But it is gonna be amazing how those thing are going to get worked out when those guys that got bit come back and those problems go away. Can they run the table ? yes , yes they can . Will they? probably not. But they will be in every game they play as long as romo is back there.My point being guys is dont jump ship because for you that do and we make the playoffs and make a strong run. i will remind each and everyone of you that have jumped. And have already been keeping notes.

Posted by capn b

Reply:

This is a classic example of the 5 stages of grief my friend.

1 Denial 2 Anger 3 Bargaining 4 Depression 5 Acceptance

You seem to be in step 1, I like many other fans are already in step 5

I admit that our coaching staff sucks, there's no discipline, no one is held acountable, all talent and no chemistry. The only thing I look forward now, is that next year we will have a new coaching staff. It might be better than what we have, or jerry is going to hire another puppet. Let's be realistic, and not think about what if scenarios, because that's what got this team in trouble in the first place, everyone wanted to crown them superbowl champions when they have not even won a playoff for 12 yrs.

:LMAO:

Something I have been wondering is why Gilbride is never mentioned but Spagnuolo is the number one assistant for a HC job. I know most people dog Gilbride but the offense is ranked very close to the defence statistically.

If someone hired Gilbride and we held onto Spags to be the next HC I'd be extactic.

On Romo laughing it up on the sideline:

This pic is the equivalent of "rolling your eyes". Pyschologically speaking.......that is actually a good sign that Romo is laughing b/c it shows that he isn't bothered b/c he knows that game was a joke. The Giants were treating this game as if they were beating the REAL Cowboys when everyone knows it was a joke

Posted by jumboballer

Reply:

I think the Giants were treating this game as if it were a divisional rivalry.

Kind of like how we should've treated it.

The only joke was the final score, and I didn't find it very funny.

Did you?

Reese is going to have to pull some of his GM magic to keep Spags here..he is going to have ALOT of offers coming him way from teams offering the HC job to him.

I don't think so. Look at the teams that will have openings. None are very desirable, cept maybe the cowturds.

But how many guys want to be the puppet of Jerry.

Yeah that's still a possiblility, though I think Brad Johnson has put Garrett in the doghouse with Big J.

If that move put Garrett in the doghouse, then Wade Phillips should have been fired weeks ago and Stewart should have been canned before Phillips decided he was going to call the defense.

i don't follow- did jerry have a different back up in mind?

Apparently Garrett is responsible for bringing in Johnson, and assured Jerr that he was capable.

He also insisted on sticking with Johnson after his poor performances.

Apparently Garrett is responsible for bringing in Johnson, and assured Jerr that he was capable.

He also insisted on sticking with Johnson after his poor performances.

capable compared to whom? we all konw there's a lack of able bodied first string QB's, let alone reserves. shit. we had lorenzen as a backup :o

point is, garrett should not be judged on this.

capable compared to whom? we all konw there's a lack of able bodied first string QB's, let alone reserves. shit. we had lorenzen as a backup :o

point is, garrett should not be judged on this.

compared to whom? I don't know who was available last year when they signed him.

I couldn't agree more. Although I think he should've pulled the plug on Johnson sooner.