SportsWrath

Singletary

Nesta

What a rant. Was he trying to lay the blame of getting blown out on Vernon Davis?

Can this kind of coach even succeed in the NFL? I don't think so.

There's a very thin line of respect between coaches and players.

And I think Singletary destroyed the line.

Hell bitch him out, send him to the showers, that's all good if he wants to act like a bitch.

But don't lay the game on him after you play like shit across the board.

What a rant. Was he trying to lay the blame of getting blown out on Vernon Davis?

Hell bitch him out, send him to the showers, that's all good if he wants to act like a bitch.

still... you have to admit its a refreshing change that a coach won't tolerate selfish millionaires who think their above the team

He may have showed that he's got the stones to shake them up but it is a fine line. Considering how the 49ers have been underachieving he may get something out of them but then again they may just all revolt. Considering he doesn't really have much to lose it probably wasn't such a bad gamble and maybe the locker room already doesn't like Davis.

still... you have to admit its a refreshing change that a coach won't tolerate selfish millionaires who think their above the team

Yeah I applaud what he did up until the press rant. Seemed a little too much like finger pointing, and finger pointing is not a sign of a good coach unless he's pointing it at himself or his staff.

that post game news conference was classic. He sounded like the preahcer in the black church i belong to.

" I cannot, I will not, I shall not. Cant do it!"

yeah. it was classic. apparently, mike is a very good friend of nolan and behind that rant there was anger. he was angry that a good man lost his job and these shmucks don't care. it may not be right to throw a guy under the bus but VD deserved it and it was genuine, i think. it's what you're gonna get from singletary. best part was after he banished him to the locker he made him come back and get his helmet.

He may have showed that he's got the stones to shake them up but it is a fine line. Considering how the 49ers have been underachieving he may get something out of them but then again they may just all revolt. Considering he doesn't really have much to lose it probably wasn't such a bad gamble and maybe the locker room already doesn't like Davis.

Nice sig. I was just looking at that pic on my train ride home and thinking how dependable Toomer has always been, especially to Eli. Long live the GOAT!

yeah. it was classic. apparently, mike is a very good friend of nolan and behind that rant there was anger. he was angry that a good man lost his job and these shmucks don't care. it may not be right to throw a guy under the bus but VD deserved it and it was genuine, i think. it's what you're gonna get from singletary. best part was after he banished him to the locker he made him come back and get his helmet.

I agree, it was the best post game news conference Ive seen in a while. and he was 100% right.

I can't see it working. I understand his frustration, but I don't think it's a good idea to banish a guy from the game like that. He's got all this week to make a point. what happens if the backup tight end gets hurt and suddenly you need the guy out there. At least when Coughlin suspends a guy, he's either out from the get go or he doesn't start them.

Maybe I'm missing something about Vernon Davis but he didn't seem like a bad guy or primadonna. I heard him interviewed on NFL radio and he sounded like a solid enough guy.

I loved it. I hope he is a head coach for a long time just so I can watch the press conferences. He was right to call out Davis, all too often head coaches stop short of calling an A-hole an A-hole. Mike Singletary is good for football, no two ways about it

Bill Walsh told him to do it. :o

I like the way the guy goes "we don't want to pick on the young lady." then proceeds to do just that.

ah hahahahhaha

That's some funny shit.

Woman's place is in a short skirt waving a pompom, and that's for the teams who don't take football seriously. :o