SportsWrath

You can thank me now

Allstarjim

So the wife and I are watching the game. The game is not going well, Giants are looking ho-hum and the offense isn't finishing drives. I'm getting increasingly pissed off. So the wife points out to me, "Well, it's your fault because you're not wearing your jersey." I realize that she is correct, I'm just wearing a t-shirt because my jerseys were both in the hamper. So I say screw it, I'm pulling my #92 out of the dirty laundry hamper right now and am putting it on.

Not 2 minutes later did the Steelers long snapper hike that ball into the back of the endzone, and shortly after that, we were scoring the go-ahead touchdown.

I promise that I will be wearing the jersey all game next week.

Nice, thanks Jim. And she was right, it was your fault at first. Keep it on the whole game, and the rest of the games. ;)

And don't even THINK about washing it!!! In fact, store it in the hamper during the week and take it out on game days. At least you'll have plenty of privacy to watch the games!

LOL, thanks guys. I want you to know that when she said that I raced up the stairs and put it on before one more play was run. I'm not one to pat myself on the back, but it's that kind of effort that is going to win us the SuperBowl again this year!

And don't even THINK about washing it!!! In fact, store it in the hamper during the week and take it out on game days. At least you'll have plenty of privacy to watch the games!

Thats right! Stick with what works! As a matter of fact, Im comin to steal your washing machine, just in case you get any ideas of washing it. :P

Well, I've already broken that superstition this year. Seems like it doesn't matter whether it's clean or dirty, as long as I'm wearing it, we win.

You guys won't believe it but the only time I haven't worn my jersey for a game this year was on my honeymoon in St. Maarten, when I neglected to pack it. That was the week of... wait for it....

The Monday Night game against the Browns. :o

And here I am thinking it's me and my "farting the theme to Magnum PI" as a rally call, that won us the game, when it was you and your dirty jersey. Thankfully you have given me a heads up, so I don't have to forcefully hurt my ass going forward.

• 1 month later...

Guys.... I'm truly sorry.

Due to my wife getting on my case about my overflowing dirty laundry, I was washing all my clothes between Saturday night and Sunday. So I had both of my jerseys in the washing machine at game time. Then our printer went on teh fritz, and our real estate agent had sent us an offer that we needed to print and sign and send back immediately. So shortly after the game started, my jerseys in the washing machine, I'm going to Best Buy to buy a printer so we can get this offer back to the real estate agent. It turns into a complete cluster at Best Buy, and I ended up going home. At this point the wife had gone to her mom's to watch the game, and seeing as it was already about 3:00, I decided to head over there to catch the 4th quarter. So I did... without a jersey (that was sitting in the tub of the washing machine still).

The Giants are now 11-0 when I wear a jersey this year... and 0-2 when I don't. :(

I beg for leniency from the members of Sportswrath, especially King Boohyah.

I will not fail to wear a jersey during a Giants game for the rest of the year. Unless I am at drill when they are playing and I have to be in uniform. Hopefully we won't be faced with something like that, because that is playoff time.

Guys.... I'm truly sorry.

Due to my wife getting on my case about my overflowing dirty laundry, I was washing all my clothes between Saturday night and Sunday. So I had both of my jerseys in the washing machine at game time. Then our printer went on teh fritz, and our real estate agent had sent us an offer that we needed to print and sign and send back immediately. So shortly after the game started, my jerseys in the washing machine, I'm going to Best Buy to buy a printer so we can get this offer back to the real estate agent. It turns into a complete cluster at Best Buy, and I ended up going home. At this point the wife had gone to her mom's to watch the game, and seeing as it was already about 3:00, I decided to head over there to catch the 4th quarter. So I did... without a jersey (that was sitting in the tub of the washing machine still).

The Giants are now 11-0 when I wear a jersey this year... and 0-2 when I don't. :(

I beg for leniency from the members of Sportswrath, especially King Boohyah.

I will not fail to wear a jersey during a Giants game for the rest of the year. Unless I am at drill when they are playing and I have to be in uniform. Hopefully we won't be faced with something like that, because that is playoff time.

Your punishment will be swift and unforgiving, if I know Boohyah(and I do)...he doesnt use the word "mercy" much.