SportsWrath

I'm glad M. Strahan won a Superbowl

NeMesiS

True, I'm especially happy for Toomer. The man is money and has done it consistently for us throughout the years, but doesnt get a whole lot of recognition in the league. I know he's not a fantasy stud or anything, but a soldier for us. I'm real glad for Toomer and Strahan.

I'm really glad Toomer got one, he in my opinion is the best Giant on the team even when Strahan was still with us. He has been and still is a really solid WR for us and doesnt get the credit he deserves from the league. He is a GOAT and hope that the Giants honor him when he does retire, maybe not retire his number but give him some credit for being one of the best WR that Giants have had in their history.

I'm really glad Toomer got one, he in my opinion is the best Giant on the team even when Strahan was still with us. He has been and still is a really solid WR for us and doesnt get the credit he deserves from the league. He is a GOAT and hope that the Giants honor him when he does retire, maybe not retire his number but give him some credit for being one of the best WR that Giants have had in their history.

Totally agreed. :TU:

Have we retired a number in the 80's range. If not, Amani has a case.

He's has to get at least 10,000 yards for that. I still can't believe he hasn't made a pro-bowl. I was hoping Burress would this year. But I guess that won't happen.

He's has to get at least 10,000 yards for that. I still can't believe he hasn't made a pro-bowl. I was hoping Burress would this year. But I guess that won't happen.

Well Toomer is at 9000 something. If he plays well this year and comes back for another year I can easily see him reaching 10k yards.

Is that true? That in order for your number to be retired by the Giants you need to have gained 10,000 yards?

I think the Giants should do it. All time leader in receptions, classy guy who has represented the Giants very well in an age when most WR are brats. Most of all, he's a CHAMPION. Well deserved. I am also glad he got one.

P.S. Does anyone in the league do a better job of keeping his feet in bounds when making a catch near the sideline?

I'm also happy for Eli. That guy went through alot and never complained or pointed a finger at anyone.

Is that true? That in order for your number to be retired by the Giants you need to have gained 10,000 yards?

I think the Giants should do it. All time leader in receptions, classy guy who has represented the Giants very well in an age when most WR are brats. Most of all, he's a CHAMPION. Well deserved. I am also glad he got one.

P.S. Does anyone in the league do a better job of keeping his feet in bounds when making a catch near the sideline?

I'm also happy for Eli. That guy went through alot and never complained or pointed a finger at anyone.

No, of course you din't have to get 10,000 yards for his jersey to be retired. But, putting up those types of numbers will certianly help.

Hate to break it to everyone, but if this franchise has not retired #53 they sure as shit aint retiring #81.

Not to say I do not think it should be, but its very rare in Giantland to get that honor, as apparently the HOF does not even guarantee you that honor.

Hate to break it to everyone, but if this franchise has not retired #53 they sure as shit aint retiring #81.

Not to say I do not think it should be, but its very rare in Giantland to get that honor, as apparently the HOF does not even guarantee you that honor.

Ooooh, ggod point. I didnt even realize that Harry Carson hasnt been retired. Surprising though. I have to agree, if Harry aint enshrined, Toomer won't. <_<

I for one am glad TC got a ring. What he did last season was of course well documented, the way he changed his coaching style, and for someone of his advanced years with the success he had had to date in the NFL...that was a big move by him.

There has to be something with Harry that he doesn't want his number retired. In the grand scheme of things, carson's career was better than Phil Simms, yet Simms 11 is retired. More than likely Strahan's will be retired also. I think if Amani sticks around another year, he deserves strong consideration for it.

Ooooh, ggod point. I didnt even realize that Harry Carson hasnt been retired. Surprising though. I have to agree, if Harry aint enshrined, Toomer won't. <_>

Well the reason behind that is because the Giants didn't want to make it seem they were pushing for Carson to enter the HOF. In past the Giants were very vocal in their displeasure for Harry Carson to enter the HOF. I think they felt that retiring Harry's number would do more harm than good.

There has to be something with Harry that he doesn't want his number retired. In the grand scheme of things, carson's career was better than Phil Simms, yet Simms 11 is retired. More than likely Strahan's will be retired also. I think if Amani sticks around another year, he deserves strong consideration for it.

Plus, lets not forget the NFL is also encouraging NFL teams not to retire numbers.