SportsWrath

Strahan

Lughead

Man. If we dont stay healthy all year we're fucked. Letting Kawika go isnt looking so good now is it? Pay people. You charge people PSL's in a stadium with 2 teams and dont pay up. Fuckin bullshit. :furious:

i really don't think it was about more money. he's just resigned to being retired. he went out on the tippy top and he's got a cush job paying 2 mill. i respect his decision and wish him well.

i really don't think it was about more money. he's just resigned to being retired. he went out on the tippy top and he's got a cush job paying 2 mill. i respect his decision and wish him well.

My rant was not about stra, but about other players, ex. Kawika Mitchell, that left to another team because they got paid.

My rant was not about stra, but about other players, ex. Kawika Mitchell, that left to another team because they got paid.

We have to manage the cap.. as every team does. Letting Kawika and Wilson go was wise given what they got paid. I think people are over-reacting here. Osi got most of his stardom because Stra commanded double teams. I think Tuck and Kiwi will do just fine.

We have to manage the cap.. as every team does. Letting Kawika and Wilson go was wise given what they got paid. I think people are over-reacting here. Osi got most of his stardom because Stra commanded double teams. I think Tuck and Kiwi will do just fine.

Moving Kiwi back to end leaves a void at Lber. He cant do both and be productive all year. He'll get burned out.

Strahan got a lot of his early stardom thanks to guys like Keith Hamilton and Jesse Armstead playing beside him.

Osi is a lot better than that, he got a lot of double teams last year.

Clark and Wilkinson will do just fine

Exactly, and w/ Pierce runnin the middle there shouldnt be problems. Kiwi just moved to LB last season, and he played up on the line alot up until the injury. He'll readjust to DE faster than he adapted to LB.

Our defense is now "okay".

Eli is going to need to play like his brother.

I beg to differ smalls. I think its slightly above average. I think the secondary is gonna be stronger than last yr and Tuck and Kiwanuka will replace Stra and Osi just fine.

IF the Giants can avoid big injuries on the defense, I think they will still be much better than average. A D-line of Tuck, Cofield, Robbins, and Kiwi can still get after the quarterback, and I think our linebackers will be good. I also like a secondary with Ross and Webster, and hoping that Phillips earns a starting spot and is a stud I think he is. I think Pierce, Wilkinson, and Clark can really work together and will excel in coverage and on blitzes. I think our D will still be one of the top units in the NFL, but they really have to avoid other injury hits.

Also there's a wild card in all this... Jerry Reese. He drafted a lot of guys in 2007 that made big impacts last year. Quite possibly there is a stud we don't know about already in-house, who just needs some time to prove himself. Brian Kehl (a guy they traded up to get), Jonathan Goff, they may be guys that can make something happen. I really like Kehl. Plus there are undrafted rookies like DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo or DE Alex Morrow (from USC). Point is, the Giants are in good hands with Reese, Coughlin, and Spags.

Also there's a wild card in all this... Jerry Reese. He drafted a lot of guys in 2007 that made big impacts last year. Quite possibly there is a stud we don't know about already in-house, who just needs some time to prove himself. Brian Kehl (a guy they traded up to get), Jonathan Goff, they may be guys that can make something happen. I really like Kehl. Plus there are undrafted rookies like DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo or DE Alex Morrow (from USC). Point is, the Giants are in good hands with Reese, Coughlin, and Spags.

Jonathon Goff is on IR, but I really like what I see in Kehl and what I've heard about him in camp. And don't forget Terrell Thomas in the backfield, he should turn out pretty decently.

Jonathon Goff is on IR, but I really like what I see in Kehl and what I've heard about him in camp. And don't forget Terrell Thomas in the backfield, he should turn out pretty decently.

Goff is not on IR. He still is riding the bike during practice. I imagine they will put him on PUP.

I like playing optimist this time of year, so I hear you, its way too soon to write these guys off.

Losing the depth hurts, but at this point in their careers I wouldn't be suprised at all if Tuck is an upgrade over Stra. Kiwi can hang with Osi in the RDE speed rusher role. I don't think Wilson to Phillips will be much of a downgrade at safety - maybe even a big improvement by year end - and after another year of experience I feel better about our other DBs this year than last. If Denny Clark can be the sort of role player - a banger that doesn't shy from taking on blocks - at SAM that Torbor was last year, the '08 D is a Barry Cofield breakout season from being just as dominant on D as the '07 squad.

Moving Kiwi back to end leaves a void at Lber. He cant do both and be productive all year. He'll get burned out.

I understand that bro. I was talking about the criticism for not resiging Kawika and Wilson.

I really think Wilknison should get the startign role at LB.

Kiwi and Tuck will do just fine at DE.

Last year we kicked ass with Kiwinuka out most of the year.

Losing Osi hurts, no if ands or buts about it. But other players just need to step up and play the system as they are coached. If they do that, the giants will be fine.

We've got a fantastic defensive coordinator in Spagnuolo. Guys like Spags and others like Belichick have shown that a good system and sound coaching can get a lot out of non-superstars.

Take a look at our defense heading into the playoffs, especially with all the injuries in our secondary. On paper, it looked a lot worse than our defense does now.

Kiwi and Tuck would have other defensive coaches drooling as a DE pair, just not on this team so much. Let's face it, last year spoiled us. Our DTs actually sound like they are going to be improved this year.

If Wilkinson can stay on the field, we should be pleased with the results. Danny Clark (again, if he can stay healthy) should be able to more than compensate for a DE playing his first 10 games as a linebacker and a career backup (Torbor, let's not kid ourselves). If they can keep it together for the first half of the season, Kehl would be a good backup. Blackburn is already a good backup.

Our secondary isn't close to the worry it was at the beginning of last season. I don't even know if Madison is a starter this season. Our safties, except for Phillips, all have starter experience at this point, and it's starting to look like a guy with similar stats to Wilson (Knight) won't even be a starter in this backfield.

While we might not be as ridiculously strong on pass rush this year (although that isn't written in stone, either), I think we've made improvements elsewhere that will compensate for any drop we might experience.

And of course, there is always Spagnuolo.

Kiwi and Tuck would have other defensive coaches drooling as a DE pair, just not on this team so much. Let's face it, last year spoiled us. Our DTs actually sound like they are going to be improved this year.

If Wilkinson can stay on the field, we should be pleased with the results. Danny Clark (again, if he can stay healthy) should be able to more than compensate for a DE playing his first 10 games as a linebacker and a career backup (Torbor, let's not kid ourselves). If they can keep it together for the first half of the season, Kehl would be a good backup. Blackburn is already a good backup.

Our secondary isn't close to the worry it was at the beginning of last season. I don't even know if Madison is a starter this season. Our safties, except for Phillips, all have starter experience at this point, and it's starting to look like a guy with similar stats to Wilson (Knight) won't even be a starter in this backfield.

While we might not be as ridiculously strong on pass rush this year (although that isn't written in stone, either), I think we've made improvements elsewhere that will compensate for any drop we might experience.

And of course, there is always Spagnuolo.

We will be more reliant than ever on Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield and Jay Alford now, cannot stress how important it is they improve their play.

We will be more reliant than ever on Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield and Jay Alford now, cannot stress how important it is they improve their play.

The truth is spoken. But Cofield looks great from what I've seen (vs. the Browns) & heard, and Robbins is highly underrated. We'll count on them for more pass rush, and while none of them - or anyone in the league for that matter - can match Tuck on the inside, they're no slouches themselves.

The truth is spoken. But Cofield looks great from what I've seen (vs. the Browns) & heard, and Robbins is highly underrated. We'll count on them for more pass rush, and while none of them - or anyone in the league for that matter - can match Tuck on the inside, they're no slouches themselves.

Robbins has been a pleasant addition from the moment we got him. And I think the DT's showed us last yr they can rise to the occasion when needed.