SportsWrath

Shockey causing Flap again this off season.....

Guest Lockhart

Yes - its just like high school..............................

Yeah thats right, I'm saying we were an NFL team in high school. What I was saying is that Money is right, and it holds true at all levels. You spend the early part of the year getting back in shape or getting in better shape, then spend the summer praticing and preparing for the season.

Guest Lockhart
It's a valid comparison in that the team isn't conducting passing drills or film study at this time of year. The focus is on conditioning. If Plaxico and Shockey are convinced that they can achieve better conditioning in Miami, so be it. Again, they are NOT missing opportunities to improve their play or relationship with the QB. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand...

Sure - it's okay for them to blow off the coaches while the rest of the team shows up to NJ. why should they join those suckers up in NJ - anyway it's just like High school.

Sure - it's okay for them to blow off the coaches while the rest of the team shows up to NJ. why should they join those suckers up in NJ - anyway it's just like High school.

That is a separate issue altogether. If you think Plaxico and Shockey's decision to skip these workouts defies the coach and therefore sends a bad message, fine. Cry about that until you're blue in the face. But don't spew some bullshit about how they are missing valuable chances to improve their knowledge of the offense or their rapport with Eli.

Guest Lockhart
That is a separate issue altogether. If you think Plaxico and Shockey's decision to skip these workouts defies the coach and therefore sends a bad message, fine. Cry about that until you're blue in the face. But don't spew some bullshit about how they are missing valuable chances to improve their knowledge of the offense or their rapport with Eli.

The off season programn runs from now until mid-June. The mandatory camps only total 6 to 9 days of that. There is lots of throwing in between.. Not only that but reviewing film and going over previous game plans and plays against certain defenses. Yes they will miss valuble chances to improve their knowledge of the offense and their chemistry with Eli. To think otherwise is to be naive. Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark get together NOW - lifting weights, watching film and will soon start throwing. Shockey ONLY shows up for the mandatory practices. Coughlin has made it clear he wants Shockey there and that there is something to gain - to compare the Giant off season program to high school off season weight lifting is ludicrous. Even the college football off season programs make high school programs look like kindergarten.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Nutty Sack
The off season programn runs from now until mid-June. The mandatory camps only total 6 to 9 days of that. There is lots of throwing in between.. Not only that but reviewing film and going over previous game plans and plays against certain defenses. Yes they will miss valuble chances to improve their knowledge of the offense and their chemistry with Eli. To think otherwise is to be naive. Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark get together NOW - lifting weights, watching film and will soon start throwing. Shockey ONLY shows up for the mandatory practices. Coughlin has made it clear he wants Shockey there and that there is something to gain - to compare the Giant off season program to high school off season weight lifting is ludicrous. Even the college football off season programs make high school programs look like kindergarten.

Lets cut through all the nonsense about what gets accomplished during these "voluntary sessions" and get to the heart of the matter. This is no more than a bonding session and it's very important if you want to be part of the team. A reaquiantenance if you will. Especially if you ended the season on a downward spiral like the Giants did last year. Meet new teamates......heal old wounds and start fresh. Everyone starts the race to win at the starting line. You don't cut in at the first quarter pole to finish legitmately. Most importatntly the boss wants you there. So be there or else it sending a rebellious message.

I was not comparing the physical or skillfull part of High school to the NFL, far from it. But the basic schedules are similar. Early in the year, they condition and lift weights, then when summer begins they have training camp and such.

Do things happen early in the year to make a team closer and get better chemistry? Yes, but if Eli goes to Miami to work with Shock and Plax, I think that will have a huge impact on their chemistry. I would love for Shockey and Plax to be with the team all year, but if they feel they can become better football players by working early in the year in Miami, then mentally it is accomplishing alot.

Werent you people part of this retarded discussion with these faggots on Giants.com same time last year??

If so, then why the hell are you responding to these brainstems who will keep saying the same retarded stuff over and over again, and change their views giving a whole new meaning to "flip-flop".

Guest Lockhart
Werent you people part of this retarded discussion with these faggots on Giants.com same time last year??

If so, then why the hell are you responding to these brainstems who will keep saying the same retarded stuff over and over again, and change their views giving a whole new meaning to "flip-flop".

Shockey's WONDERLIC score was in the low teens and as his little party in Miami didn't work for him or the Giants last year, the dummy hasn't figured that out (or just doesn't want to leave Miami). Shockey disappeared at the end of the season, complained of injuries and was tiring - that is the definition of out of shape.

he faded badly in 2005 and will again in 2006 if he again chooses to skip worlouts to hang in Florida - this year he might even start tiring sooner as his South Beach nightlife excesses will start catching up to him - he isn't 22

anymore.

Edited by Lockhart

while I agree with 90% of what you are saying is has been reported by the media that Manning does spend allot of time going over game film with coaching staff and by himself during the off season. Not that it's the norm but it does seem that manning does want to practice or at the very least spend more time with Plax and shockey.

Your point is well taken that this is not a requirement by the org. But is does seem to be something manning wants. If it happens in Miami or in NJ is of little consequence to me. I just hope it happens.

IMO this can only benefit the team. This issue here or at least my perception is that while manning has a desire the "want" to spend time and run routes and work on football it seems that Shockey and Plax have little interest at this time of the year. Not saying this is a crime and not saying that this it not the norm for most teams just that it does seem to be a fact.

If this is not media hype and this is really Mannings desire, he will take it upon himself to go down there. I have to say if this does happen if manning does take the initiative it will speak volumes about his commitment to the team and winning. I see no negative with this.

well I was just owned...

good point...

:(

Guest Lockhart

How many other Giant players are skipping the off season workouts?

Here we go - by Friday the Shockeyites and Plaxicons will be convinced Jeremy is staying in Miami to help the Giants. They will see it as a sacrifice he is making to forgo NJ for the tortuous few months in South Beach, along with the other brave and committed Giant - Plaxico. While the rest of the team is lounging and enjoying the good life in NJ doing little or nothing, those two paramounts of manhood, Jeremy and Plaxico will be working themselves to the bone. God Bless those two heroes!

Guest Lockhart

Miami Herald got this pictures of Shockey from yesterday's workout in South Beach!

dead-drunk.jpg

Edited by Lockhart

Guest nosebleed
Miami Herald got this pictures of Shockey from yesterday's workout in South Beach!

dead-drunk.jpg

Ahh, yes, practice makes perfect.

Guest Carbo

dead-drunk.jpg

:lol: Looks like TO White has gone with a different look during the offseason. He's lost weight and dyed his locks. Way to go, Jereme!

Do other MB's and fanbases have this type of idiot crew? I've just never heard so much ill-conceived nonsense.

Thank goodness for the good posters, they balance out this type of silliness. Moreover, I can't believe the consistency of one person posting as four separate people and doing it so consistently.

My hats off, you have a lot of time on your hands and none of it is spent learning about football despite your repeated posts on the subject. Kudos, your community college schedule must afford you great access to posting on the Internet.

Do other MB's and fanbases have this type of idiot crew? I've just never heard so much ill-conceived nonsense.

Thank goodness for the good posters, they balance out this type of silliness. Moreover, I can't believe the consistency of one person posting as four separate people and doing it so consistently.

My hats off, you have a lot of time on your hands and none of it is spent learning about football despite your repeated posts on the subject. Kudos, your community college schedule must afford you great access to posting on the Internet.

Nice one Mr Clemens.

When a person cannot deceive himself ( Lockhart ) the chances are against his being able to deceive others.

Guest Lockhart
Nice one Mr Clemens.

When a person cannot deceive himself ( Lockhart ) the chances are against his being able to deceive others.

Well said - that certainly applies to Shcokey and Plaxico - while they are partying donw in Miami and vainly trying to tell people the are "working out", the deceivenoone but the Shockeyites and Plaxicons. The rest of us and the media know they just don't want to work out in NJ, but would rather party in Miami. If they weren't being paid milions as pro athletes one cold understand their postion. By the way, the other receiver who normally blows off the off season workouts is TO - Great company. The Giants under the Maras are a team that was always known for trying to pick people of good character for their players, but Shockey and Plaxico seem to fit the TO mold more than the Mara mold.

Edited by Lockhart

Just think: If these 'four' wasn't posting here....this Giants talk forum would be empty.

I like to think that you really do passionately care about the Giants, Lockhart.

I hope sometimes that your endless , tedious , rant and bluster is all in a constructive good cause

That the constant bile, venom and hatred towards Eli, Plax, Shockey Joseph and EA will actually somehow be a constructive positive for the G men

I am yet to be convinced

But good luck in your goal sir ( whatever it may be ! )

Guest Nutty Sack
Just think: If these 'four' wasn't posting here....this Giants talk forum would be empty.

Ain't that the truth !! :clap:

Guest Lockhart
here we have inside footage of both Jeremy and Plaxico hard at work down at the U.

ukentuckykegstand2nw.jpg

The "Keg-up" is one of the many drills the UM off season program has that the NFL programs lack! Plaxico is eagerly awaiting his shot at the nozzle!

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Floyd The Barber
here we have inside footage of both Jeremy and Plaxico hard at work down at the U.

ukentuckykegstand2nw.jpg

note the teamwork involved in the "spot"...this will pay huge dividends for 2006 as balls riffle off there chests and hands and fall incomplete...