SportsWrath

Shockey causing Flap again this off season.....

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

I knew this would erupt as Shockless is again ignoring his teammates, Eli and Cooughlin's request to join the team in off season workouts - every year he becomes more like TO.

ShockeyPlaxNoShows

Shockey is the topic again as Giants voluntary workouts begin

3/20/2006, 4:53 p.m. ET

By DAVID PORTER

The Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — New York Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey caused a flap a year ago when he bypassed the team's voluntary offseason conditioning program to work out on his own at the University of Miami. That partly explained why the team was mum about Shockey's whereabouts on Monday as players reconvened.

The workouts are closed and the team did not comment on Shockey or wide receiver Plaxico Burress, who has previously worked out at Miami with Shockey. But quarterback Eli Manning said Monday he was considering going to Miami if that meant getting some quality time with his two favorite targets.

"I've got to talk to them, figure out what their schedule is going to be and see what'll work out the best," Manning said in a phone interview, "whether it's here doing drills with the coaches or going down there and trying to get some workouts in with them. Three or four days of good work with them might be worth it."

A year ago, Manning was critical of Shockey's decision not to attend the voluntary workouts, but on Monday the second-year quarterback took a more forgiving view.

"I don't feel it's as much a necessity as it was last year," he said. "Last year it became an issue, but it was different because it was going to be my first season as a starter and I really hadn't thrown much with Shockey."

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Shockey and Burress, did not immediately return a phone message left Monday by The Associated Press.

Another player who dominated discussion in the abstract on Monday was free agent linebacker LaVar Arrington, who is unsigned two weeks after severing ties with Washington and one week after visiting the Giants.

"He really likes New York and sees it as a good fit," said Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce, a former teammate of Arrington's in Washington who has lobbied for the Giants to sign the three-time Pro Bowler. "He's made his trips and I think he'd like to make a decision soon and get back to the football aspect of things."

Arrington, a No. 2 overall draft pick from Penn State in 2000, signed an eight-year contract extension near the end of the 2003 season after appearing in three consecutive Pro Bowls. But he hurt his knee early in the 2004 season and played in only four games, and accused the team of not supporting him during his injury.

A contract dispute with owner Dan Snyder followed that was eventually settled, but Arrington saw limited playing time last season amid talk that his freelancing style did not fit in with assistant coach Gregg Williams' schemes.

Taken together, those factors may have raised a red flag for the Giants despite Pierce's high praise for his former teammate. Pierce kept the drumbeat going on Monday.

"Sometimes a player tries to make a play that goes away from what the system asks," he said. "When he doesn't make it, he looks bad, but when he does, he looks like a Pro Bowl player. He's going to make mistakes like any player, but he'll make plays.

"I feel we need another player that's nasty and who brings a mentality to the defense like back in the '80s or even the '50s and '60s. He's that type of player."

Arrington's agent, Carl Poston, did not immediately return a phone message left Monday by The Associated Press.

This is beyond sad - Shockey and plaxico ignoring Eli and now Eli is openly discussing going to them. Eli is showing no leadership here, giving in to the ONLY two Giants that refuse to show. Eli looks like a wimp, who commands no respect form his receivers. If Eli goes down to Miami he then joins those two losers while the rest of the Giant team remains in NJ. Time for Shockey and Plaxico to become part of the Giants or leave. The Giants need a QB that will LEAD, not follow these two malcontents around like some lost puppy.

Guest Nutty Sack
I knew this would erupt as Shockless is again ignoring his teammates, Eli and Cooughlin's request to join the team in off season workouts - every year he becomes more like TO.

ShockeyPlaxNoShows

This is beyond sad - Shockey and plaxico ignoring Eli and now Eli is openly discussing going to them. Eli is showing no leadership here, giving in to the ONLY two Giants that refuse to show. Eli looks like a wimp, who commands no respect form his receivers. If Eli goes down to Miami he then joins those two losers while the rest of the Giant team remains in NJ. Time for Shockey and Plaxico to become part of the Giants or leave. The Giants need a QB that will LEAD, not follow these two malcontents around like some lost puppy.

He has to figure out what there schedule is ?? Well if it's daylight they should be working out. At sunset they are hanging with Lizzie and her power people before heading to the clubs where all the beautiful people go.

Their teamates ?? Oh they are home stuying play books and preparing for the next day's team agenda.

Guest Lockhart
He has to figure out what there schedule is ?? Well if it's daylight they should be working out. At sunset they are hanging with Lizzie and her power people before heading to the clubs where all the beautiful people go.

Their teamates ?? Oh they are home stuying play books and preparing for the next day's team agenda.

I'm not sure the word "teammate" is in Plaxico and Shockey's vocabulary - the word "ME" is preferred.

This is much to do about nothing. In a perfect world, everybody would be here for the workouts. This is not a perfect world nor is it for any NFL team in this respect.

This is not a big deal. That's why it's voluntary. They're big boys, they'll work out and be fine when it comes time to play football at camp.

Guest nosebleed

Typical from these ME first players. How dare we break apart OUR party session, take you skinny weakling ass down to Miami...............ridiculous. Maybe another malcontent schmuck will be joining. Meshawn, Shockless, and Plexiglass may all be standing on the sideline shaking their heads.

Coughlin = Voluntary = Mandatory

This is much to do about nothing. In a perfect world, everybody would be here for the workouts. This is not a perfect world nor is it for any NFL team in this respect.

This is not a big deal. That's why it's voluntary. They're big boys, they'll work out and be fine when it comes time to play football at camp.

Do you mean voluntary as in

Voluntary

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. [L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.]

1. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free.

Our voluntary service he requires. --Milton.

She fell to lust a voluntary prey. --Pope.

3. Done by design or intention; intentional; purposed; intended; not accidental; as, if a man kills another by lopping a tree, it is not voluntary manslaughter.

4. (Physiol.) Of or pertaining to the will; subject to, or regulated by, the will; as, the voluntary motions of an animal, such as the movements of the leg or arm (in distinction from involuntary motions, such as the movements of the heart); the voluntary muscle fibers, which are the agents in voluntary motion.

5. Endowed with the power of willing; as, man is a voluntary agent.

God did not work as a necessary, but a voluntary, agent, intending beforehand, and decreeing with himself, that which did outwardly proceed from him. --Hooker.

6. (Law) Free; without compulsion; according to the will, consent, or agreement, of a party; without consideration; gratuitous; without valuable consideration.

7. (Eccl.) Of or pertaining to voluntaryism; as, a voluntary church, in distinction from an established or state church.

Guest Lockhart
Do you mean voluntary as in

Voluntary

Voluntary \Vol"un*ta*ry\, a. [L. voluntarius, fr. voluntas will, choice, from the root of velle to will, p. pr. volens; akin to E. will: cf. F. volontaire, Of. also voluntaire. See Will, v. t., and cf. Benevolent, Volition, Volunteer.]

1. Proceeding from the will; produced in or by an act of choice.

That sin or guilt pertains exclusively to voluntary action is the true principle of orthodoxy. --N. W. Taylor.

2. Unconstrained by the interference of another; unimpelled by the influence of another; not prompted or persuaded by another; done of his or its own accord; spontaneous; acting of one's self, or of itself; free.

Our voluntary service he requires. --Milton.

She fell to lust a voluntary prey. --Pope.

3. Done by design or intention; intentional; purposed; intended; not accidental; as, if a man kills another by lopping a tree, it is not voluntary manslaughter.

4. (Physiol.) Of or pertaining to the will; subject to, or regulated by, the will; as, the voluntary motions of an animal, such as the movements of the leg or arm (in distinction from involuntary motions, such as the movements of the heart); the voluntary muscle fibers, which are the agents in voluntary motion.

5. Endowed with the power of willing; as, man is a voluntary agent.

God did not work as a necessary, but a voluntary, agent, intending beforehand, and decreeing with himself, that which did outwardly proceed from him. --Hooker.

6. (Law) Free; without compulsion; according to the will, consent, or agreement, of a party; without consideration; gratuitous; without valuable consideration.

7. (Eccl.) Of or pertaining to voluntaryism; as, a voluntary church, in distinction from an established or state church.

Sure and while TO, Plaxico and Shockey are the ONLT receivers to igtnore their teams, Marvin harrison, Tory Holt and REAL pro receivers are showing up for their voluntary workouts. Plaxico and Shockey are pretenders, while receivers like marvin, Tory, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald and the rest are the real deal. No matter, if the Giants sign Keyshawn, Plaxico and Shockey can stay in Miami. Shockey can learn his cblocking assignments in camp while Plaxico can watch Keyshawn and Toomer filling their roles as Eli's favorite and most dependable targets.

Coughlin is signing Keyshawn for a reason - he wants dependable receivers.

Edited by Lockhart

Sure and while TO, Plaxico and Shockey are the ONLT receivers to igtnore their teams, Marvin harrison, Tory Holt and REAL pro receivers are showing up for their voluntary workouts. Plaxico and Shockey are pretenders, while receivers like marvin, Tory, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald and the rest are the real deal. No matter, if the Giants sign Keyshawn, Plaxico and Shockey can stay in Miami. Shockey can learn his cblocking assignments in camp while Plaxico can watch Keyshawn and Toomer filling their roles as Eli's favorite and most dependable targets.

Coughlin is signing Keyshawn for a reason - he wants dependable receivers.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?...opic=92437&st=0

seriously are you older then 12?

Look guys, as I said....all things being equal, everybody wants everybody in camp. There's no doubt about it. I'm also big on the concept of "Team" so it's not as if I like the fact that these guys workout in Miami. In addition, I often take shots at Shockey for his attitude when merited. I'm not a fluffy fan.

All that said, it's not that big of a deal. I bet you most, if not all of the players have a very similar view on it. 'It would be nice for everybody to be here, but it's not the end of the world.'.

Guys workout on their own and do pretty darn well, guys like Edge James and many other veterans. It's not the end of the world.

That question should be posed to Shockey and Plaxico. That is why Coughlin is going for the REAL pro Keyshawn.

Didnt Key get chased out of TB :confused: Isnt his nickname Meshawn :confused: I would like to have him (for the right price) But he is a lot worse then Plax or Shock

Look guys, as I said....all things being equal, everybody wants everybody in camp. There's no doubt about it. I'm also big on the concept of "Team" so it's not as if I like the fact that these guys workout in Miami. In addition, I often take shots at Shockey for his attitude when merited. I'm not a fluffy fan.

All that said, it's not that big of a deal. I bet you most, if not all of the players have a very similar view on it. 'It would be nice for everybody to be here, but it's not the end of the world.'.

Guys workout on their own and do pretty darn well, guys like Edge James and many other veterans. It's not the end of the world.

you seem like a knowledgeable poster, with some good insight...

You’re wasting your time responding logically to these guys...

Last year this topic was talked about for at least four months on giants.com..just about ever aspect of it was covered...time and time again points and statements where made by members rebuking these SAME POINTS...99% of everything Lockhart and his band of juvenile fags typed was and is utterly and completely blown out of the water...this was then followed up by shockey having a good season...which further bitch slapped their statements and thoughts...this was then followed up by a banning after banning of these "members"

you would think that after being 100% wrong in ever aspect of thought and opinion would somehow make them find humility and a modicum of reasonable thought..

as we can see they are as moronic as ever and any attempt to reason with them is futile at best...May I suggest ridicule as opposed to logical response as it is crystal clear that sense and reason is completely void ...

Last year this topic was talked about for at least four months on giants.com..just about ever aspect of it was covered...time and time again points and statements where made by members rebuking these SAME POINTS...99% of everything Lockhart and his band of juvenile fags typed was and is utterly and completely blown out of the water...this was then followed up by shockey having a good season...which further bitch slapped their statements and thoughts...this was then followed up by a banning after banning of these "members"

you would think that after being 100% wrong in ever aspect of thought and opinion would somehow make them find humility and a modicum of reasonable thought..

as we can see they are as moronic as ever and any attempt to reason with them is futile at best...May I suggest ridicule as opposed to logical response as it is crystal clear that sense and reason is completely void ...

:o That was an intelligent post......What's it doing in a Lockhart thread :P

Guest Lockhart

Yes it was and we were proven right as Shockey and Plaxico both disappeared after October while Amani Toomer, who did attend the off season workouts, became the Giants number 1 reeceiver along with Tiki. This wasn't lost on Coughlin and that is why he might sign Keyshawn, who will also attend the off season workouts and meld with Eli. With Toomer and Keyshawn in NJ, those two posers can remain in Florida whiel the Giant offense build chemistry. I just hope Shockey likes blocking and Plaxico likes being a decoy in 2006. All the Shockey apologists tried to make excuses for his disappearing act in 2005 - same ole story - 5 great games, a bunch of bad ones and then a reported injury.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

Another Article just released:

ShoceyNoShow

Giants miss top targets

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

By VINNY DiTRANI

STAFF WRITER

A whole bunch of players showed up Monday for the start of the Giants' voluntary off-season program. But none was named Jeremy Shockey or Plaxico Burress or LaVar Arrington.

Shockey and Burress, Eli Manning's top two targets, will work in the Miami area again this year while the quarterback contemplates traveling there to throw to them.

Arrington, the former Washington linebacker, continues to play the free agent field while his onetime teammate, Antonio Pierce, urges him to come to the Meadowlands.

"As of right now I plan to stay here and work out with the team," Manning said when asked about traveling to Florida to throw to his receivers – something his brother Peyton suggested. "I haven't talked to Shockey or Plaxico to find out their plans for the off-season and where they are going to be most of the time. Maybe we can work out something where we can get together and work out a little bit."

There are some lulls in Tom Coughlin's off-season schedule, including a full week off right after the NFL draft. Coughlin said at the NFL combine he thinks more would get done if those players came north to work with the rest of the team

"I expect when it's time for the OTAs [organized team activities], they'll all be here," Coughlin added.

Manning concurred. "I don't feel it's as necessary as it was last year, as important to me as it was last year," he said of throwing to his receivers in the off-season. "I'd still like to get some work with them. I'll see if I think it's that important to get that work in with them at this time, or just wait until the passing camps and do it then."

Pierce, meanwhile, said he's 100 percent recovered from the ankle injury that cost him the final three regular-season games, plus the playoff loss to Carolina. The middle linebacker served as Arrington's tour guide when the free agent visited Giants Stadium on March 12, and stays in touch with him. But there have been no substantive talks recently between the Giants and his agent, Carl Poston.

"He [Arrington] really likes New York and he sees it as a good fit for him," Pierce said. "But there's also the business side of it. I think when everything calms down and the dust settles and all the cloudy stuff clears up, he'll make the right decision."

Pierce thinks the Giants' defense needs another "nasty attitude" player and Arrington would fill that void. "He's that kind of player," Pierce added of the linebacker whose play has been criticized in recent seasons. "Knowing him personally I know how he feels about what people are saying about him.

"This isn't the LaVar Arrington who was up on a pedestal, with everyone patting him on his back. This is a guy who has been beaten down to the ground, and he's got a big chip on his shoulder."

Arrington also has visited Miami and Cincinnati, and Pierce thinks he will be making his decision very soon.

E-mail: ditrani@northjersey.com

It's good to see Eli remaining in NJ with the rest of the team- to leave for only two players would be follish, when those two could easily join the whole team. Hopefully, Keyshawn will soon be there in NJ to work with Tiki, Toomer and Eli. One has to wonder how those two in Florida can ignore their teammates and coaches this way.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Carbo

This is upsetting, to say the least! Could this be an indicator of things to come for the Giants team in 2006?

Already, TO White and TO Lite are spreading their virii amongst the team. And now I read that Antonio Pierce is actively campaigning for that other malcontent, Lavar Arrington, to be signed on? Great! That's all this team needs is the Third Musketeer to completely flush the upcoming season down the drain.

Burress needs to be used as an example. TC needs to cut him and show the team who is in charge. Shockey can't be cut, because he, unlike Burress, has talent and potential. Potential which will never be realized if he doesn't start making an effort.

Perhaps, saddest of all, is Helicopter whimpering that he may go down to Miami to meet his receivers and ask if they want to play catch with him. Are you kidding me??!! He needs to publicly read those two clowns the riot act and let them know he is the team leader.

Guest Lockhart
This is upsetting, to say the least! Could this be an indicator of things to come for the Giants team in 2006?

Already, TO White and TO Lite are spreading their virii amongst the team. And now I read that Antonio Pierce is actively campaigning for that other malcontent, Lavar Arrington, to be signed on? Great! That's all this team needs is the Third Musketeer to completely flush the upcoming season down the drain.

Burress needs to be used as an example. TC needs to cut him and show the team who is in charge. Shockey can't be cut, because he, unlike Burress, has talent and potential. Potential which will never be realized if he doesn't start making an effort.

Perhaps, saddest of all, is Helicopter whimpering that he may go down to Miami to meet his receivers and ask if they want to play catch with him. Are you kidding me??!! He needs to publicly read those two clowns the riot act and let them know he is the team leader.

that is exactly what Eli's brother Peyton did to Regiie Wayne last off season and Wayne quickly left Miami and joined Peyton and Marvin in Indy. Eli doesn't use the clout he has, while his brother understand his position and uses it.

I hear ya. It's not really my style to ridicule anybody, but I understand what you're saying. I might get pissed off once in a while as anybody does, but I don't take part in most of the crap. I think...as you did...most people realize that and people don't bother me. Some will disagree more forcefully than others, but I'm cool with that. Most often. lol

As far as the Fab Four thing and that stuff....I've been around the Giants board for years and then this board since the CE implosiion and honestly, I don't even know who the Fab Four are. I have too much on my plate to get involved. If people don't bother me, they're cool in my book. :TU:

Besides fluttering passes, passes too high, too low, there were many other problems with this offensive team, communication. How many times to we witness Plexiglass seemingly out of position?? Miscommunication, something that should be worked on during the offseason. How do you fix these problems, practice, together...................

Timing is key I can only give butterfly kisses to my Manning poster for so long before I have to have some kind of relase in the bathroom. I really enjoy those manning milk ads. i like to pretend that it's not milk on manning lips but my love!!! WEEEEEE!.

Besides fluttering passes, passes too high, too low, there were many other problems with this offensive team, communication. How many times to we witness Plexiglass seemingly out of position?? Miscommunication, something that should be worked on during the offseason. How do you fix these problems, practice, together...................

Timing is key I can only give butterfly kisses to my Manning poster for so long before I have to have some kind of relase in the bathroom. I really enjoy those manning milk ads. i like to pretend that it's not milk on manning lips but my love!!! WEEEEEE!.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

ShockeyPlaxNoShows

Hmmm, where have I seen this before???

Link

Lockhart = TheAnswers on GMB = Pathetic Loser

I bet the whole Fag 4 is the same person....also, I thought you said you weren't going to be posting on GMB anymore either? What a chump...

Guest Lockhart

This article says it better than the others - it is exactly on target.

ShockeyMissing

Giants looking to jell in off-season program

MANNING OUT TO BUILD ON POSITIVES

Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 03/21/06

At one point in November, sometime around his sterling home performance against Philadelphia, the general consensus around the league was that Eli Manning had arrived. The Giants were winning in his sophomore season, his passer rating was solid and comparisons were being drawn to Peyton, his MVP brother.

But even as the Giants marched to the NFC East title in December, it was clear things were going in the wrong direction for the foundation player on which the Tom Coughlin Era is being constructed. Passes fluttered far out of his receivers' reach, his mechanics regressed to the point where they more closely resemble his rookie campaign, and some boos were even heard at the Meadowlands.

Finally, it all came crashing down in a humiliating 23-0 home playoff loss to the Carolina Panthers on wild-card weekend. Manning threw for just 113 yards, with three interceptions. Even more damning was the fact that he failed to get a single ball to Plaxico Burress, who publicly criticized Manning's ability to throw the deep ball late in the season. Even tight end Jeremy Shockey looked dumbfounded at several points in that game.

With the passage of time having helped heal the emotional scars inflicted that day, the Giants opened their off-season workout program on Monday at Giants Stadium. Things won't be easy in 2006, with Terrell Owens now in Dallas as Bill Parcells gears up for one final shot at a Super Bowl, while the Redskins added Antwaan Randle El and the Eagles improve simply by getting healthy.

And while the Giants have sought to bolster their defense through free agency, they don't stand a chance unless Manning makes significant strides between now and next September.{/b]

"It hurt. It takes a couple weeks or a month (to get over)," Manning admitted. "While the playoffs are still going it's tough to think about it, especially since I didn't perform well at all. That's the way football goes sometimes and you've got to deal with it . . . It wasn't a good moment but you've got to try to learn from it and figure out what happened in that game. I've watched it a couple times to see what went wrong, what could we have done differently and why did that happen, and, hopefully, we can fix some things so that doesn't happen again."

At this point, it appears Burress and Shockey are each poised to do the bulk of their working out in Miami, as they did last off-season. And while Manning is mulling the possibility that he could make a visit or two to South Florida, it means another spring missing valuable time working on timing with his highest value targets.

"If I can get three or four days and go down there and work with them it might be worth it, but I haven't talked to them to figure out what their schedule's are," he said. "Last year it became an issue, but it was a little different last year. It was my first season as a starter. I really hadn't thrown much to Shockey and gotten on the same page as him, and wanted in my first year as a starter to get with him and figure out the timing and get on the same page with him. . . . I don't feel it's as important as it was last year."

Clearly, that's not the way Coughlin feels. A year ago he continually expressing his disappointment a year ago that the entire team was not coming together under his watchful eye, and it's a sentiment that's shared by many within the locker room.

"I think the off-season program is important," said center Shaun O'Hara. "It allows guys to work together. To spend time together. But by no means is it absolutely the difference between winning and losing."

For Manning, it's now a matter of going through the 2005 season with a fine-tooth comb to figure out what went so horribly wrong, and make sure it doesn't happen again. Meaningful work with Shockey and Burress may have to wait until training camp, but between now and then it's incumbent upon Manning to get his own house in order.

"I'm researching last year's season, every throw and every pick and every decision, and just trying to figure out why you made that or what the cause of the problems was," he added. "I started on it by myself a little bit, some of the things I don't like about what I was doing . . . and figure out drills or different things that I could do to correct them and make it better."

Stephen Edelson is an Asbury Park Press columnist

Edited by Lockhart

Guest nosebleed

This article hit on all the key aspects of attending a "voluntary" camp. If you want to get better and it is obvious they need the practice, attend, get rep after rep.