SportsWrath

Shockey causing Flap again this off season.....

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart
Shockey's typical day in Miami:

12:00pm - alarm goes off

12:35pm - gets out of bed

1:00pm - breakfast/lunch - 4 powered donuts, cinnamon bun, protein shake

1:15pm - beach/vollyball/cocktails/playing catch with locals (practice)

3:30pm - lunch - hot dog, hamburger, protein shake

4:00pm - nap time

6:30pm - cell phone rings, Lizzie, Paris, Brittney, whomever, plans for the evening discussed

7:15pm - dinner, usually solo, noting fancy, a quick bite in order to absorb all the alcohol later

9:00pm-9:00am - Miami nightlife

It should be mentioned that Strict adherence to this schedule is the secret to Jeremy's success!

Guest Carbo

I nominate this for Thread of the Month! This stuff is hilarious! And the funny, (and sad), part is that it's all true.

Guest nosebleed
I nominate this for Thread of the Month! This stuff is hilarious! And the funny, (and sad), part is that it's all true.

Hey, Shockless has more important things to attend, "voluntary" camp is not in the top 50 of things that need to get done. Now, attending fashion shows with that fat pig Brittney Spears, that is in the top 3.

Guest Lockhart
Hey, Shockless has more important things to attend, "voluntary" camp is not in the top 50 of things that need to get done. Now, attending fashion shows with that fat pig Brittney Spears, that is in the top 3.

What I love is the inevitable interview in the next week or so where some reporter asks Shockey why he is blowing off the Giants and Eli and wouldn't it be better if he did go to NJ. He'll give that s..t eating grin, act a little upset and tell the world how he will come to NJ in July in the best shape of his life. This ruse has worked two times, why not use it again! Then the Shockeyites will point to Shockless' statement as proof of his intenetions - very funny. I wonder what excuse Plaxico will use.

What I love is the inevitable interview in the next week or so where some reporter asks Shockey why he is blowing off the Giants and Eli and wouldn't it be better if he did go to NJ. He'll give that s..t eating grin, act a little upset and tell the world how he will come to NJ in July in the best shape of his life. This ruse has worked two times, why not use it again! Then the Shockeyites will point to Shockless' statement as proof of his intenetions - very funny. I wonder what excuse Plaxico will use.

Problem is, the result (Shockey's stats) speak for them selves. he in fact did come back in phenomenal shape anbd had an excellent year.

I would love to see him and El working together, but Eli has said he will travel to Miami to get work in with him and Plax, thats good enough for me.

Guest nosebleed

Plexiglass won't even have an excuse, he can give two shits.

Guest Lockhart
Problem is, the result (Shockey's stats) speak for them selves. he in fact did come back in phenomenal shape anbd had an excellent year.

I would love to see him and El working together, but Eli has said he will travel to Miami to get work in with him and Plax, thats good enough for me.

.......and he ran of gas that last third of the season - that is called being out of shape.

Guest Carbo

What "excellent year"? He disappeared for weeks at a time. He dropped passes. He showed up his QB on the field. However his season went, it could have been a hell of a lot better. He can start by caring about winning, and practicing with his teammates.

Guest nosebleed
What "excellent year"? He disappeared for weeks at a time. He dropped passes. He showed up his QB on the field. However his season went, it could have been a hell of a lot better. He can start by caring about winning, and practicing with his teammates.

It all starts during the "voluntary" camps, not the first week of September. These two clowns are showing no respect to their teammates and especially the weakling.

65 receptions for 891 yards and 7 TD's.

3 yards shy of his rookie season and 1 more TD than his career high. All this with a 1st year starter at QB. I'd say thats an excellent year.

Guest Lockhart

yes............but that would interfere with his attendance at fashion shows in South Beach and cast parties in Ft. Lauderdale. Shockey's priority's are the same as Andy Warhol - the Giant thing is just a hobby.

Guest nosebleed
yes............but that would interfere with his attendance at fashion shows in South Beach and cast parties in Ft. Lauderdale. Shockey's priority's are the same as Andy Warhol - the Giant thing is just a hobby.

That really is something, attending social events while his team is preparing for the upcoming year.

Guest Lockhart
65 receptions for 891 yards and 7 TD's.

3 yards shy of his rookie season and 1 more TD than his career high. All this with a 1st year starter at QB. I'd say thats an excellent year.

.....as Jason Witten and Chris Cooley are passing Jeremy by - those two ARE in the off season program working with their QB and they have already caught Shockey in TD production in 2005, and will probably pass him this year with all the work they are putting in, while Jeremy is cutting the Ribbon at Twyla Tharp's new modern dance studio in Tampa.

.....as Jason Witten and Chris Cooley are passing Jeremy by - those two ARE in the off season program working with their QB and they have already caught Shockey in TD production in 2005, and will probably pass him this year with all the work they are putting in, while Jeremy is cutting the Ribbon at Twyla Tharp's new modern dance studio in Tampa.

those are two very good TE's, I'm not saying Shockey doesn't need to work with Eli, but he made huge improvements last year, i want Shockey to be Shockey, not Cooley.

Guest Nutty Sack
those are two very good TE's, I'm not saying Shockey doesn't need to work with Eli, but he made huge improvements last year, i want Shockey to be Shockey, not Cooley.

It's funny how this great shape thing allowed him take off half of the summer practice in Albany with nagging aches and pains. Everyday we were all subjected to holding our collective breaths to see what the next ailment might be. If I was a teamate I'd have to question his motrives very seriuosly.

Tootsie Pop

This is much to do about nothing. In a perfect world, everybody would be here for the workouts. This is not a perfect world nor is it for any NFL team in this respect.

This is not a big deal. That's why it's voluntary. They're big boys, they'll work out and be fine when it comes time to play football at camp.

I might agree with you here, HAmp, except for the fact that these two whined for the entire 2nd half last year, and have a history of being malcontents. Now I hear we're talking to Keyshawn? Yeesh.

Shockey put up great stats last year, if it works I'll support him working in Miami. I'd love to see them working with the team, but if him working out in Miami gives him the stats he had last year, go for it,.

I actually hope Eli goes to Miami to, to practice with them

Many of you are operating on a false premise, so let's clear this up right away.

The Giants voluntary offseason workouts are just that -- workouts. They are NOT practicing plays, running patterns, playing catch, etc. Players are participating in the team's optional conditioning program. Nothing more.

By not attending, Plaxico and Shockey are foregoing an opportunity to lift weights with their teammates. They definitely are NOT missing an opportunity to sharpen their knowledge of the playbook or improve their chemistry with the QB. There are ample opportunities for that during mini-camp, training camp, preseason, and in-season practices...

Many of you are operating of a false premise, so let's clear this up right away.

The Giants voluntary offseason workouts are just that -- workouts. They aren't practicing plays, running patterns, playing catch, etc. Players are participating in the team's optional conditioning program.

By not attending, Plax and Shockey or foregoing an opportunity to lift weights with their teammates. They definitely are NOT missing an oppprtunity to sharpen their knowledge of the playbook or improve their chemistry with the QB. There are ample opportunities for that during mini-camp, training camp, preseason, and in-season practices...

Good post, it's just like in High school. All winter long we had conditioning programs and lifted weights, then around early July we had Football Camp and in August we had 2 a days.

Guest Lockhart
I actually hope Eli goes to Miami to, to practice with them

Yes, that certainly makes sense - Eli should leave the 60+ Giant players that came to NJ to work out as a team to be with the two malcontents that refused to join their teammates in NJ after specifically being asked to attend by Coughlin and Eli. It would be unfair to ask Shockey to leave the fashion shows and cast parties in Miami to join the resto of the Giants in NJ. Eli should scurry down there as quickly as poccisble - who cares about the rest of the team - it is only Shockey and Plaxico that is important! This would really enhance Eli's leadership role on the team as he had to chase down two receivers who ignored the teams request. It sure would make the rest of the players in NJ feel great - wouldn't it!

Guest Lockhart
Good post, it's just like in High school. All winter long we had conditioning programs and lifted weights, then around early July we had Football Camp and in August we had 2 a days.

Yes - its just like high school..............................

Yes - its just like high school..............................

It's a valid comparison in that the team isn't conducting passing drills or film study at this time of year. The focus is on conditioning. If Plaxico and Shockey are convinced that they can achieve better conditioning in Miami, so be it. Again, they are NOT missing opportunities to improve their play or relationship with the QB. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand...