SportsWrath

Name a Giant you wish won a ring... and another athlete (any sport besides football)

BurnThePhilFans

I wish Jeremey Shockey won a ring.......

Aside from the aformentioned Don Mattingly, how about Bobby Murcer. He was traded away in 75 and missed out on 77 and 78 and came back in 79 and wound up losing to the Dodgers when he was a part time player in 81.

I think there might be some Yankee haters who would have loved to have seen Donnie win a ring.....that's how cool he was. I was sitting front row upper deck when the Yanks won the world series in 1996. The crowd went nuts..it was one of the loudest I've ever heard there. But the loudest I ever heard was the year before when the Yanks hosted an extra-innings playoff game against the Mariners (a series they ended up losing). Pandemonium erupted when Mattingly hit a homerun in that game. The place went completely fucking berzerk. It was 50x louder that night than it was for the World Series clincher. I'm glad I was there.

I was already living in AZ. But I remember that game. I also remember winning it in 96', and being sad for Donnie that he was a year short. <_<

I think there might be some Yankee haters who would have loved to have seen Donnie win a ring.....that's how cool he was. I was sitting front row upper deck when the Yanks won the world series in 1996. The crowd went nuts..it was one of the loudest I've ever heard there. But the loudest I ever heard was the year before when the Yanks hosted an extra-innings playoff game against the Mariners (a series they ended up losing). Pandemonium erupted when Mattingly hit a homerun in that game. The place went completely fucking berzerk. It was 50x louder that night than it was for the World Series clincher. I'm glad I was there.

The Mattingly home run against the Mariners was insane. I watched it on TV and the crowd nearly tore the place down.

I thought that was ridiculous in Houston, I thought they had no shot. Adding an old Drexler and an old Barkley with an old Hakeem wasnt gonna do it. That was this years Shaq trade X's 3. He had a WAY better chance in Phx, that team was awesome and had a young, agile Barkley.

Drexler got his ring the year before, because he meshed completely with the Rockets team that had already won. However when Barkley wanted out of Phoenix, Houston were intrigued, but to get him they offloaded guys who were key components, Cassell and Horry along with 2 others. The barkley played poorly in Houston and started running his mouth off and amazingly a team with Barkley, akeem and Drexler got swept.

1. Mike Piazza. The guy was the rock of those two Mets teams that made the playoffs in 99 and

2000. He also hit one of the more famous home runs in New York City history when he hit the homer

off the Braves in the first sporting event in New York after 9/11 happened.

I remember when he came back to Shea, I had to work that day and I ran up from where

I was working and watched this at bat and subsequent pitches. Piazza brought respectability

to the Mets that sorely needed it after the clusterfucks of the early and mid 1990's. Piazza

never had the chance to hit behind a Carlos Beltran, David Wright and Jose Reyes most of his

tenure as a Metropolitan..instead he hit behind guys like Matt Lawton, Jay Payton and countless

other scrubs.

Here's the game after 9/11.

I always liked Joe Jurevicious and I wish he won a Superbowl with the G Men, he was a

favorite of mine.

Guest StrahansGap
1. Mike Piazza. The guy was the rock of those two Mets teams that made the playoffs in 99 and

2000. He also hit one of the more famous home runs in New York City history when he hit the homer

off the Braves in the first sporting event in New York after 9/11 happened.

I remember when he came back to Shea, I had to work that day and I ran up from where

I was working and watched this at bat and subsequent pitches. Piazza brought respectability

to the Mets that sorely needed it after the clusterfucks of the early and mid 1990's. Piazza

never had the chance to hit behind a Carlos Beltran, David Wright and Jose Reyes most of his

tenure as a Metropolitan..instead he hit behind guys like Matt Lawton, Jay Payton and countless

other scrubs.

Here's the game after 9/11.

I always liked Joe Jurevicious and I wish he won a Superbowl with the G Men, he was a

favorite of mine.

That was also the first homerun by a homosexual after 9/11 too. :huh:

That was also the first homerun by a homosexual after 9/11 too. :huh:

I knew someone would bring this up. In the end, who really gives a fuck about his sexual

orientation? If your looking at a professional baseball player to give you a moral compass

for living..then your just a moron.

Guest StrahansGap
I knew someone would bring this up. In the end, who really gives a fuck about his sexual

orientation? If your looking at a professional baseball player to give you a moral compass

C'mon. I thought you would have laughed at that too.

I knew someone would bring this up. *In the end*, who really gives a fuckabout his sexual

nah, it's too easy.