SportsWrath

Name a Giant you wish won a ring... and another athlete (any sport besides football)

BurnThePhilFans

ike hilliard, seemed like a class act i always liked him

charles oakley

I loved Ike. He was one of the coolest Giants I met, he autographed a bunch of stuff for my son, his wife hung out with us at a tailgate party, he was fuckin cool. I'd of liked to see him get one.

I loved Ike. He was one of the coolest Giants I met, he autographed a bunch of stuff for my son, his wife hung out with us at a tailgate party, he was fuckin cool. I'd of liked to see him get one.

He's still playing in TB and with Favre at QB maybe he still will. :P

i always felt that strahan made him better than he was- that was exposed when he went to indy.

i would say (here we go) Jim Fassel deserved a ring.

Agree....he was definitely exposed when he went to Indy because they expected him to be a corn fed Strahan....and he just couldn't do it. Good hustle style player...but useless against a doubleteam unlike Michael.

The one Giant for me will always be Rodney Hampton; I wish he hadn't carried an entire offense on his back. With some real help, he could have been something special to the league. Instead, he's Otis Anderson for the Cardinals.

Toss up between John Mendenhall, Brian Kelley and Brad Van Pelt--those guys were the only bright spots of my childhood.

Especially John, he gave up his knees for those horrible Giants teams.

Gut you FUCKER!!!! Ya beat me to it. Now I can't even list the Van Pelt part of my moniker. You sir....we have an appointment at dawn. I will have VG as my second. Better yet Seph or Blu....VG needs to be in front of me at all times. LOL!!! Your choice of weapons. Mendenhall, Kelley and Van Pelt definitely. The Giants got rid of the latter two because they were a "bad" influence on LT....lol. I think LT taught those old dudes how to really party.

I have a soft spot for those 80's/90's Knicks. If it were not for the 3 missed (purposely not called)fouls on Mr. Softee as he tried to lay up the ball instead of jamming it against Jordan and the Jordanaires; or if Riley does not let Stark go TOTALLY FUCKING NUTS and let him shoot them out of a very winnable game and title. They should've could've had one if not two championships

The one Giant for me will always be Rodney Hampton; I wish he hadn't carried an entire offense on his back. With some real help, he could have been something special to the league. Instead, he's Otis Anderson for the Cardinals.

Another great choice. Rodney is one of my alltime favs. He definatley deserves one. I remember an interview with a Cowboy player, I think it may have been Woodsen, anyways, they asked what player was hardest to bring down. And this was around early 90's. He said, w/o hesitation.....Hampton. :)

Rodney's got a ring..albeit he was injured during the superbowl run.

Rodney's got a ring..albeit he was injured during the superbowl run.

He is sort of the anti-Shockey; both made big contributions that led to a SuperBowl win; though neither played in the big game. One had class...the other had/has ....well...a big mouth is too easy....yeah a Hungry Man TV commercial. :P

A TE who couldn't run, catch, block and/or stay off the injured unable to perform list. I think he first got hurt during his first rookie minicamp getting off of the bus. :rolleyes:

Actually, thats what they told everyone. He actually got hurt turning on the water faucet in his hotel room. <_<

Gut you FUCKER!!!! Ya beat me to it. Now I can't even list the Van Pelt part of my moniker. You sir....we have an appointment at dawn. I will have VG as my second. Better yet Seph or Blu....VG needs to be in front of me at all times. LOL!!! Your choice of weapons. Mendenhall, Kelley and Van Pelt definitely. The Giants got rid of the latter two because they were a "bad" influence on LT....lol. I think LT taught those old dudes how to really party.

I have a soft spot for those 80's/90's Knicks. If it were not for the 3 missed (purposely not called)fouls on Mr. Softee as he tried to lay up the ball instead of jamming it against Jordan and the Jordanaires; or if Riley does not let Stark go TOTALLY FUCKING NUTS and let him shoot them out of a very winnable game and title. They should've could've had one if not two championships

Tell ya what I'm gonna do--I'm picking Mendenhall. I just can't deal with any more sibling squabbles...

Tell ya what I'm gonna do--I'm picking Mendenhall. I just can't deal with any more sibling squabbles...

OK you're forgiven brother....heh,heh...listen where is John now. Hopefully he is not one of those guys who can't walk anymore. Its a travesty what happens to old (and some not so old) football players. They have a pension plan that is a step above Wal Marts.

Giant-Tiki Barber ( yeah i know boo boo boo boo)

Non-Giant-Ken Griffey Jr. (possibly the only clean player in the "juiced" era)

Two very good picks. I love Tiki, everyone knows my man love for Tiki on this board. Just ask anyone, I got mad manlove for Tiki. :P

OK you're forgiven brother....heh,heh...listen where is John now. Hopefully he is not one of those guys who can't walk anymore. Its a travesty what happens to old (and some not so old) football players. They have a pension plan that is a step above Wal Marts.

I really don't know. I can't find anything on the guy post-career. Wikipedia says he's still alive.

Two very good picks. I love Tiki, everyone knows my man love for Tiki on this board. Just ask anyone, I got mad manlove for Tiki. :P

But don't believe us, talk to the judge who issued the restraining order on Tiki's behalf... ;)

For the last god damn time on this subject ........... RODNEY HAMPTON WON A RING IN 1990,in fact he played in the divisional playoff game and broke his leg during that game. He has a ring, we do not need to WISH he won one, he did. :brooding:

As for some Giants I wish won a ring, Armstead comes to mind, Sehorn as well, Brian Kelly and Brad Van Pelt as well. Of course Mendenhall and although I ever saw him play I have to imagine the original home run hitter Homer Jones deserved one. Spider Lockhart too.

For the last god damn time on this subject ........... RODNEY HAMPTON WON A RING IN 1990,in fact he played in the divisional playoff game and broke his leg during that game. He has a ring, we do not need to WISH he won one, he did. :brooding:

As for some Giants I wish won a ring, Armstead comes to mind, Sehorn as well, Brian Kelly and Brad Van Pelt as well. Of course Mendenhall and although I ever saw him play I have to imagine the original home run hitter Homer Jones deserved one. Spider Lockhart too.

I have to admit, for Hampton being one of my fav Giants, I always forget he won one that yr. His injury opened the door for OJ to get the MVP.