SportsWrath

Just Criminal

BronxRik

Take a gander at the NFL.com's FF rankings on their home page:

NFL.com

The Giants win the Superbowl, win 11 on the road, and not one player is worthy of a top 5 spot? I can understand we don't have a load of 'superstars', I may not like it, but I can understand it I suppose. But take a peek at the 'DST' (defense/special teams) rankings. The Giants D is NOT in the top 5? The Superbowl winning defense is NOT in the top 5???????? The D that is getting cred for pounding Tom Brady into the dirt......NOT in the top 5?????? The D with Osi getting 6 sacks on McNabb.......NOT in the top 5?????? It's an atrocity I tell ya, it's outright disgusting.

I already looked at that and thought the same thing. I know our team did all just that way, as a team, which is why no high rankings. But how can they not rate Burress high, or even Jacobs? They both had great years and were injured while doing it.

Take a gander at the NFL.com's FF rankings on their home page:

NFL.com

The Giants win the Superbowl, win 11 on the road, and not one player is worthy of a top 5 spot? I can understand we don't have a load of 'superstars', I may not like it, but I can understand it I suppose. But take a peek at the 'DST' (defense/special teams) rankings. The Giants D is NOT in the top 5? The Superbowl winning defense is NOT in the top 5???????? The D that is getting cred for pounding Tom Brady into the dirt......NOT in the top 5?????? The D with Osi getting 6 sacks on McNabb.......NOT in the top 5?????? It's an atrocity I tell ya, it's outright disgusting.

Nope. This is exactly where we need to be.. ignored.. disrespected... :TU:

Agreed, and this way they're more likely to be on the board by the time you pick. It's all good.

Yeah, that's true, but it makes me wonder how they pick the rankings. How are Minny and the Bolts ranked higher than the Superbowl winners? :confused:

Has there been a FF League for Sportswrath set up yet??? :huh:

Not that I'm aware of. I just happened to be on NFL.com when I saw the FF rankings on top of the homepage, and found it odd not one Superbowl champion was listed in the top 5.

I think both Plax, Jacobs and our D do.

I'll concede the D but why Plax or Jacobs?

Jacobs has not played a full season as a starter and his play style lends towards injuries, even if they are by and large short term. When you are drafting a fantasy back, the position aside from Tom Brady and Peyton Manning that puts up the most points, you want to invest in someone who will be there all season putting up good numbers.

And while Plax put up good numbers last year, he was still injured and no one other than himself knows how he feels now. And he was not a top 5 WR last year either in terms of the most important thing when fantasy football comes into play, stats. Plus he still has Eli Manning throwing to him. While Giants fans might think Eli has gotten over the hump and become an elite QB, a few games worth of consistent but not great football is not enough to change the minds of the vast majority of fans.

I'll concede the D but why Plax or Jacobs?

Jacobs has not played a full season as a starter and his play style lends towards injuries, even if they are by and large short term. When you are drafting a fantasy back, the position aside from Tom Brady and Peyton Manning that puts up the most points, you want to invest in someone who will be there all season putting up good numbers.

And while Plax put up good numbers last year, he was still injured and no one other than himself knows how he feels now. And he was not a top 5 WR last year either in terms of the most important thing when fantasy football comes into play, stats. Plus he still has Eli Manning throwing to him. While Giants fans might think Eli has gotten over the hump and become an elite QB, a few games worth of consistent but not great football is not enough to change the minds of the vast majority of fans.

Then why do they have AP in the#2 slot? He was injured last season anad still gained over 1000 yds, just like Jacobs. The only reason I can think of is that we are stacked at RB and his playing time may not be as much as a top 5. But AP hasnt been around the extra yr that Brandon has. If Brandon is the projeted starter, like AP, I would think Jacobs predicted #'s would be higher, he's been around a yr longer. We dont know what we have with AP. Its only been 1 yr.

As for Plax, you have a point, but he got his #'s with Eli and the injuries. A year healthier would put him higher in my book. I would think in others too.

Then why do they have AP in the#2 slot? He was injured last season anad still gained over 1000 yds, just like Jacobs. The only reason I can think of is that we are stacked at RB and his playing time may not be as much as a top 5. But AP hasnt been around the extra yr that Brandon has. If Brandon is the projeted starter, like AP, I would think Jacobs predicted #'s would be higher, he's been around a yr longer. We dont know what we have with AP. Its only been 1 yr.

As for Plax, you have a point, but he got his #'s with Eli and the injuries. A year healthier would put him higher in my book. I would think in others too.

AP is a damn good player but is overhyped. He plays for a crappy team offensively so he gets the attention. In his case it is a media affair.

Yeah that's the thing about fantasy... it's all stats. There are no stats for determination, desire, and heart.

The Giants D should conceivably be a top-5 D, but aside from that... Eli's numbers were average and streaky. Plax was a monster in the beginning of the year but faded (numbers-wise) at the midway point. Jacobs was a pretty good back but how many carries will he get with Bradshaw now in the mix... and don't forget that Derrick Ward is a better-than-average guy too... and Droughns stole goal-line carries at times last season as well.

Teams like Dallas have all of their talent up front, in their starters. The Giants are deep, but perhaps not as front-loaded as many of the other teams in the NFL.

Yeah that's the thing about fantasy... it's all stats. There are no stats for determination, desire, and heart.

The Giants D should conceivably be a top-5 D, but aside from that... Eli's numbers were average and streaky. Plax was a monster in the beginning of the year but faded (numbers-wise) at the midway point. Jacobs was a pretty good back but how many carries will he get with Bradshaw now in the mix... and don't forget that Derrick Ward is a better-than-average guy too... and Droughns stole goal-line carries at times last season as well.

Teams like Dallas have all of their talent up front, in their starters. The Giants are deep, but perhaps not as front-loaded as many of the other teams in the NFL.

I agree as far as our team as a whole goes. But I think Plax and Jacobs should be projected to do well, because thats what these are all about rite now, projections. At least Plax. With him being Eli's favorite target and healthy, it should project into some real good stats.

That does not surprise me at all. Not because I am used to the Giants getting dumped on but because I don't think any Giants player deserves top 5 consideration.

The Best DE in the entire NFL doesn't have one in the top 5?

Jacobs plays in a loaded backfield and loses carries and goalline carries. AP is the only weapon on his team and he proved he could still get it done. The injuries are a valid point I don't that it's a lock that I personally would draft him top 5, he's been injured in I think all but 1 year since college.

Plax isn't a top 5 receiver, let along a top 5 overall guy. Not that he doesn't have the talent, but we''re a running team that spreads the ball when we throw.

As for the D, I agree we should be raknked better, nut the perception is we lost 2 starting LB's and a starting safety. Our secondary appears shaky anyway, to guys that do fantasy rankings.

You can't be upset when it's based purely on regular season stats. Postseason means NOTHING in fantasy football.

How did we rank in points given up per game? 19th. Yards given up? 7th. Interceptions? 20th. The only thing we topped was sacks.