SportsWrath

Kenny Philps

xxi-xxv

He idolized him as a football player. They never met...

It doesn't matter whether they met or not, it took Shaun Taylor a long time to turn his life around and it took a kid to do it. Before that taylor was certainly no role model and certainly wasn't the ball player he was hyped up to be. There are a lot of players around the league that he could look up to other than him.

It doesn't matter whether they met or not, it took Shaun Taylor a long time to turn his life around and it took a kid to do it. Before that taylor was certainly no role model and certainly wasn't the ball player he was hyped up to be. There are a lot of players around the league that he could look up to other than him.

Taylor was turning the corner big time as a player too.

I'm not surprised at all Kenny took this #.

I guess the interesting aspect here is that it's Tiki's old number, so there goes the chance to retire it. Hopefully he doesn't take a dump on the number like Dayne did with Rodney's 27.

I guess the interesting aspect here is that it's Tiki's old number, so there goes the chance to retire it. Hopefully he doesn't take a dump on the number like Dayne did with Rodney's 27.

hahaha, Dayne and poop jokes will forever go hand in hand :P

Keep in mind that Kenny was originally a fan of Taylor's when Sean starred at the U. Kenny attended Miami Carol City High School (where he played with Sinorice Moss), which is a U pipeline, so there's an incredibly strong local connection there. He was developing into a top 10 high school player while Taylor was emerging as a top 5 NFL pick. Between the timing, locality, and shared position, you can see why Kenny would fervently applaud Taylor's performance on the field. He then attended the same school where Taylor was and still is a legend.

At the time of his death, Sean Taylor was probably the best safety in the NFL. That's not conjecture. He was a great player and a devastating loss to the football world.

Keep in mind that Kenny was originally a fan of Taylor's when Sean starred at the U. Kenny attended Miami Carol City High School (where he played with Sinorice Moss), which is a U pipeline, so there's an incredibly strong local connection there. He was developing into a top 10 high school player while Taylor was emerging as a top 5 NFL pick. Between the timing, locality, and shared position, you can see why Kenny would fervently applaud Taylor's performance on the field. He then attended the same school where Taylor was and still is a legend.

At the time of his death, Sean Taylor was probably the best safety in the NFL. That's not conjecture. He was a great player and a devastating loss to the football world.

No argument there. Even as an FSU fan I couldn't help admire the man's skills and he only got better in the NFL. He went in a really fucked up way. Hope that Phillips makes him proud.

Totally agree boohyah. When I hard he got shot, I was sad for his family, but the first thing I thought, was he probably did something to someone, guy was a thug. And he's doing it to honor a Redskin? Fuck that, thats Tiki's number, and he better do justice for Tiki, not Taylor.

Totally agree boohyah. When I hard he got shot, I was sad for his family, but the first thing I thought, was he probably did something to someone, guy was a thug. And he's doing it to honor a Redskin? Fuck that, thats Tiki's number, and he better do justice for Tiki, not Taylor.

Tiki was a running back...

I think thats a good reason to idolize someone. Someone who had personal deamons but overcame them and turned a corner in his life. Thats a good person to look at and see if you can skip the bad shit.

Tiki was a running back...

WHAT?? Youre fuckin kiddin me! You mean that wasnt him back there pickin off passes? <_<

No shit Sherlock, Im not talking about the position, Im talking about the team he's on and the number he's choosing. I say fuck you Phillips, you aint wearing that # to honor a freakin thug Redskin. I know Phillips and Barber didnt play the same position, but dont come to the Giants and honor a fuckin Redskin.

WHAT?? Youre fuckin kiddin me! You mean that wasnt him back there pickin off passes? <_<

No shit Sherlock, Im not talking about the position, Im talking about the team he's on and the number he's choosing. I say fuck you Phillips, you aint wearing that # to honor a freakin thug Redskin. I know Phillips and Barber didnt play the same position, but dont come to the Giants and honor a fuckin Redskin.

He's honoring a player from his Alma Matter who also plays his position. He didn't choose 21 to honor Tiki Barber because Tiki Barber was a running back. He isn't honoring a Redskin...not that that would be bad anyway, considering the entire league honored him for an entire season...ya know, I don't think I'm alone in this but deaths/murders far exceed the boundaries of which team you play for.

He's honoring a player from his Alma Matter who also plays his position. He didn't choose 21 to honor Tiki Barber because Tiki Barber was a running back. He isn't honoring a Redskin...not that that would be bad anyway, considering the entire league honored him for an entire season...ya know, I don't think I'm alone in this but deaths/murders far exceed the boundaries of which team you play for.

Allow me to formally introduce myself. Hello, Im BIGBLUE01, and Im a DIE HARD GIANTS FAN. So die hard, that its Giants....AND FUCK THE REST!

See, this is where alot of people have a problem with me. I love sports, dont get me wrong, but what i really love and have a real affection for, are my teams. I love them, and despise their rivals. I know what youre saying, but I dont think that way. The guy was a Skin, regardless of where he went. Now that Kenny is a Giant, he should be honoring a GIANT. I never said that he was wearing it to honor tiki, I just said if he's gonna wear that #, let it be for a Giant. As for his death, Phillips can honor that all day long..................at his house in private. Fuck the Skins' and everything that has to do with them.

I hate the Redskins just as much as you, but it's a little different when an extremely good player's life is taken way too soon. Tell the 32 NFL teams to mourn his loss in private and see what kind of response you'd get.

I hate the Redskins just as much as you, but it's a little different when an extremely good player's life is taken way too soon. Tell the 32 NFL teams to mourn his loss in private and see what kind of response you'd get.

Oh, understand me when I tell you, Im patheticly die hard. I know what kind of response I'd get, it wouldnt be good. And you know what, I still say, if youre a Giant, and you want to mourn a redskin, do it in private. Im sorry for Taylors family, as a human being Im sad. As a Giant fan I say keep that shit away from here.

Fucking Awesome!

Now I can take that red Barber jersey I swore to never wear again and sew Phillips' name over it and... voila! My new Kenny Phillips jersey is ready for the first game of the season! :TU: