SportsWrath

Can you believe it? Draft Day is only one day away!

BleedinBlue

It's funny how life goes. As a kid, I would get so excited about Christmas that I was unable to sleep the night before. As I grew into my teens, I'd get so excited about deer season that I couldn't sleep the night before opening day. As an adult, nothing is expected that is so exciting that I get all giddy and have a hard time sleeping the night before...........except the NFL Draft. It seems like forever while waiting for draft day to get here, but finally - it's tomorrow.

I am a little pissed that there will only be two rounds tomorrow instead of three and that it won't start until 3PM, but at least they've cut it down to a 10 minute clock instead of the 15 minutes alotted.

A good article in the USAToday this morning telling of the deception that goes on between teams and how it's almost like a poker game. If interested: NFL - The Lying Season - Deception is Key

Also, we should find out if Shockey will be traded by the end of tomorrow and who knows what else will happen to shake up teams. At the least, we should have a lot to talk about for the next week.

Oh well....I certainly hope I don't have the same let down that I used to get on Christmas mornings and on opening day of deer season that I remember so well! Getting clothes for gifts instead of a new bike...or freezing my ass off for hours only to never even see a friggin deer. :(

I NEVER am in the situation to where I could go, Id love to experience it though. This is usually my busy time of the year(damn economy), so its not a good time of the year. But I hope to make training camp this year. I have vacation time planned for that time, and I hope to be able to stick with those plans.

It is my fifth anniversary tomorrow so I'll miss most of it as well but thanks to DVR I'll catch up on everything later on that night while speeding through the useless junk.

Yeah, it's somewhat boring anyway but I usually watch the first 10 rounds or so and then watch again when the Giants are picking. It can get tedious watching the talking heads show how stupid they are.

I am going to miss it this year. :brooding:

I don't really watch the draft. I just try to catch when the Giants pick and then listen to the analysts scramble to figure out who the guys is.. and then give us a D- at the end :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's somewhat boring anyway but I usually watch the first 10 rounds or so and then watch again when the Giants are picking. It can get tedious watching the talking heads show how stupid they are.

To me it's not something you can sit down and watch all day. It's still really exciting though - it's like a baby being born and the Giants are going to have a new baby for us to enjoy.

But it's impossible (for me anyway) to sit in front of the TV non-stop watching the draft. I simply keep the TV on and keep an ear to and an eye on what's going on as I work on other things. I'll be switching over to keep track of the Yankee games on both Saturday and Sunday. And since NASCAR is at Talladega this weekend, it should at least keep the weekend interesting as team after team uses up all their draft time minutes sitting by a telephone hoping it will ring.

All I do is keep a mental log on who's going off the big board - especially if I see one of my favorites go - and I'll stop and watch the ticker tape across the bottom to keep up with things. The big thing to listen for in the first round is the word "trade", and if you hear the word "Giants", it's time to sit down and find out what's going on.

At ten minutes a pick....and 30 picks ahead of the Giants, that means the Giants might not even be on the clock until 8:00 PM. Waiting 5 hours before our pick is going to be torture. The second round is only 7 minutes a pick so the Giants should get to name their 2nd pick by around Midnight. Still.....I can't wait!

To me it's not something you can sit down and watch all day. It's still really exciting though - it's like a baby being born and the Giants are going to have a new baby for us to enjoy.

Yea... Ron Dayne :brooding: