SportsWrath

No. 1 pick locked

Lubeck

Aren't OLinemen historically the most bust-resistant 1st round picks? As Tempest said, the safe pick.

I read that the other day in the Chicago Tribune. They sorted through a bunch of stats and found that among all the positions, offensive lineman were most likely to start and remain on rosters.

It was a safe move by the Dolphins; they couldn't afford to blow that pick.

I read that the other day in the Chicago Tribune. They sorted through a bunch of stats and found that among all the positions, offensive lineman were most likely to start and remain on rosters.

It was a safe move by the Dolphins; they couldn't afford to blow that pick.

Did they say who was least likely? I'm guessing WR or DT.

As we speak, Al Davis is locking up Darren McFadden.

By the way Dragon, they only get 10 minutes, but I bet you're right they take all that time.

I know. That's just my disgust for the ridiculous nature of the draft. You've had four months to prepare and yet it's still taking you forever to make a pick.

I know. That's just my disgust for the ridiculous nature of the draft. You've had four months to prepare and yet it's still taking you forever to make a pick.

Could be numerous things. But it is definitely a whole lot of "I would rather trade down lets wait and see if we get any calls". These rookie contracts that teams are being blackmailed into making are just out of hand and teams would rather get their #2 guy on the board and save the 10 million. The hype that goes into players has also been realized to be almost entirely unreliable so there are fewer and fewer players that are seen as safe bets. Look at the guy everyone said last year was the SAFEST SURE THING Calvin Johnson. What has he done so far?

Could be numerous things. But it is definitely a whole lot of "I would rather trade down lets wait and see if we get any calls". These rookie contracts that teams are being blackmailed into making are just out of hand and teams would rather get their #2 guy on the board and save the 10 million. The hype that goes into players has also been realized to be almost entirely unreliable so there are fewer and fewer players that are seen as safe bets. Look at the guy everyone said last year was the SAFEST SURE THING Calvin Johnson. What has he done so far?

It's all hype, probably agent PR. There is always a sure bet, a one in a lifetime or something similar. In reality most sure bets and HOFers are not in the top 5.

I have to work :brooding:
What kind of job (other than police or fire) makes you work on Saturdays and Sundays? While we have disagreed on many thing, I know that you are a great big Giants fan as well as being very knowledgeable about football.

What kind of job (other than police or fire) makes you work on Saturdays and Sundays? While we have disagreed on many thing, I know that you are a great big Giants fan as well as being very knowledgeable about football.

Construction. Electrical specifically. We have to turn the power off to do critical work and we can't do that while John D. is checking his stock portfolio and browsing Monster for a better job.