SportsWrath

So, what team gets to move to Los Angeles so that they can half fill the stadium...

boohyah

and be guarenteed that their games will be blackouted* on local TV.

Bills?

Vikings?

Bengals?

Raiders?

Jets?

Falcons?

Who would you like to see get booted?. You know it's going to happen. We have to have that team out there goodness knows.

*"blackouted" is a word Boohyah created and may not be recognized in the English language, but Boohyah feels it should be a word, so fuck it, it is.

I heard a really good theory why the NFL will never make it in LA...

The blue collar people who support their team in every other market are not present in LA. The bliue collar people in LA are more into soccer. Baseball, Basketball, college Sports and even Hockey are all thriving in LA but not the NFL. So you can't say it's not a sports city because clearly it is. I t just doesn't have the NFL demograph.

I heard a really good theory why the NFL will never make it in LA...

The blue collar people who support their team in every other market are not present in LA. The bliue collar people in LA are more into soccer. Baseball, Basketball, college Sports and even Hockey are all thriving in LA but not the NFL. So you can't say it's not a sports city because clearly it is. I t just doesn't have the NFL demograph.

The Raiders didn't move because they weren't profitable thought right? They moved becasue they got a sweeter stadium deal in Oakland?

According to news sources around the L.A. area, the teams most likely to end up there are the Chargers, the Bills, or the Jaguars

Here's a link to the football stadium proposed for Los Angeles this past week. Looks like it's going to go through.

New Football Stadium for Los Angeles

click on the fly over movie and it shows a pretty impressive stadium

According to news sources around the L.A. area, the teams most likely to end up there are the Chargers, the Bills, or the Jaguars

Here's a link to the football stadium proposed for Los Angeles this past week. Looks like it's going to go through.

New Football Stadium for Los Angeles

click on the fly over movie and it shows a pretty impressive stadium

I can understand Bills (Buffalo is a dead city that no longer can sustain economic growth) or Jags (Jacksonville is a college FB town) but Chargers?

I can understand Bills (Buffalo is a dead city that no longer can sustain economic growth) or Jags (Jacksonville is a college FB town) but Chargers?

Buffalo routinely sells out and the have reallly crazy fans from Buffalo to Rochester to Syracuse. But they are probably vulnerable because they'll never have the money to build some super duper stadium the way a lot of teams are.

I don't know much about the fans in Jacksonville

The article in PFT says that San Diego is too small a market and if they moved to L.A., they'd retain that fan base as well as the new fan base. Basically, all of Southern California.

They also mentioned Minneapolis because they don't have large draws and big bucks, but they are under contract with the Metro Dome until 2012 or something like that.

It would seem that Nashville and New Orleans would also be vulnerable.

Where's Robert Moses when you need him? Maybe he thinks he can build a stadium in the middle of the Atlantic this time around. Maybe the Bills can build a new stadium right smack dab on Lake Erie. That is what he would have want anyway. Who cares if the team is profitable, as long as he gets his way.

and be guarenteed that their games will be blackouted* on local TV.

Bills?

Vikings?

Bengals?

Raiders?

Jets?

Falcons?

Who would you like to see get booted?. You know it's going to happen. We have to have that team out there goodness knows.

*"blackouted" is a word Boohyah created and may not be recognized in the English language, but Boohyah feels it should be a word, so fuck it, it is.

Trust me, sports fans are not lacking out here and there was enough support for both teams that were here, but the Frontieri and Davis wanted more money and they city to pay for their stadiums.

L.A. as a city is experiencing a renaissance very similar to what happened in N.Y. when Guliani came into office.

Guarantee what you want, but it sounds like you are just taking out your ass, aka talking shit.

Hate on your own time!

Trust me, sports fans are not lacking out here and there was enough support for both teams that were here, but the Frontieri and Davis wanted more money and they city to pay for their stadiums.

L.A. as a city is experiencing a renaissance very similar to what happened in N.Y. when Guliani came into office.

Guarantee what you want, but it sounds like you are just taking out your ass, aka talking shit.

Hate on your own time!

Thank you for clearing up that talking out of your ass is the same as talking shit. It was very confusing. :TU:

You had the Rams there for years. They wanted a new stadium huh?. Guess what, they all do. And if I'm correct you've got new stadiums for the Dodgers, Clippers, Lakers and Kings. What no love for the Rams?. They were there before all of them. I mean you even shoved them out to Anaheim. Nobody used to go to Kings games until Gretsky showed up and then all that showed up were people wanting to see celebrities. The minute he left what happened? Look at how fast the bloom is coming off the David Beckham rose?

As for the Raiders, well you gave him the Coliseum and he moved his team there. Then in true Al Davis style he wanted a new stadium and even stole $10 million in doing so and then left. You got what you deserved with him.

That said, for someone to make a statement saying that the town has enough support for 2 teams and then blame there departure on the greed of their owners is really naive. Los Angeles has shown that after USC (who do sell out mind you), they haven't given a fuck about pro football overall, otherwise there wouldn't be a team in Houston right now, you'd have one there in LA. You'll tell me next that games weren't blacked out.

And Giuliani did not do JACK SHIT for NY that was not already in the pipeline way before he got into office and/or was not brought about by his subordinates that he took not most but all of the credit for. Glad to see that fuck cut down to size yet again...want him to run for governor next and drop out before he begins campaigning.

And Giuliani did not do JACK SHIT for NY that was not already in the pipeline way before he got into office and/or was not brought about by his subordinates that he took not most but all of the credit for. Glad to see that fuck cut down to size yet again...want him to run for governor next and drop out before he begins campaigning.

He did clean up Times Square and get rid of the squeege guys. I for one hated that, I use to love driving down the west side highway when I was 17, 18 in the early 90's and I could get my windshield cleaned for a buck. Then I could go to Times Square and see some titties for 50 cents a minute throug a glass. Ahh good times good times.

He did clean up Times Square and get rid of the squeege guys. I for one hated that, I use to love driving down the west side highway when I was 17, 18 in the early 90's and I could get my windshield cleaned for a buck.

yea they should market that cleaning solvent of piss, spit and sewer water.

He did clean up Times Square and get rid of the squeege guys. I for one hated that, I use to love driving down the west side highway when I was 17, 18 in the early 90's and I could get my windshield cleaned for a buck. Then I could go to Times Square and see some titties for 50 cents a minute throug a glass. Ahh good times good times.

Well to tell the truth all of the Times Square improvements were approved and paid for under the Dinkins administration with 50% of the funding coming from the State Development Corporation. In fact the chief of Disney Eisner forced Dinkins to sign an agreement where they could not announce that Disney was coming to Times Square prior to Disney letting it be known publicly. One week into the era of Giuliani Time..."we have an announcement, through our diligent efforts we will be bringing Disney to Times Square". :P

Eisner was a Giuliani friend (i.e. worshipper :o ) and he wanted him to get the credit for the multi-million dollar effort. Also half of the cops hired that "saved the City" were brought onto the force starting midway through Dinkins administration. And the additional cops brought to the force during Giuliani's first term were all paid for by money that Dinkins obtained from Washington and Albany on bended knee. Not bad for a washroom attendent...and typical of Mr. Publicity Himself that the very sun arises upon his shoulder.

But getting rid of the squeegee guys was an improvement and kudos to his Royal Highness are justifiably in order. ;)

Well to tell the truth all of the Times Square improvements were approved and paid for under the Dinkins administration with 50% of the funding coming from the State Development Corporation. In fact the chief of Disney Eisner forced Dinkins to sign an agreement where they could not announce that Disney was coming to Times Square prior to Disney letting it be known publicly. One week into the era of Giuliani Time..."we have an announcement, through our diligent efforts we will be bringing Disney to Times Square". :P

Eisner was a Giuliani friend (i.e. worshipper :o ) and he wanted him to get the credit for the multi-million dollar effort. Also half of the cops hired that "saved the City" were brought onto the force starting midway through Dinkins administration. And the additional cops brought to the force during Giuliani's first term were all paid for by money that Dinkins obtained from Washington and Albany on bended knee. Not bad for a washroom attendent...and typical of Mr. Publicity Himself that the very sun arises upon his shoulder.

But getting rid of the squeegee guys was an improvement and kudos to his Royal Highness are justifiably in order. ;)

don't forget dinkins greatest accomplishment- changing the landing patterns over laguardia during the US Open tennis tournament. ;)

My one memory of Dinkins was in 1991 the race riots were going on in Crown Heights and his ass was sitting out in Flushing watching Jimmy Connors at 37 try and win the US open.

I hear you...but I remeber Mayors going all the way back to Wagner and he was no better or worse than the rest. And we started out on how the sun sets on his majesty's shoulders. You can love a guy, even Giuliani if that floats your boat. But lets not distort the real rather than the imagined, misremembered, misrepresented and otherwise distorted record. :P And by no means was Dinkins a good and/or great mayor. But his Royal Highness was mediocre at best. But thank God those squeegee men are gone.

I hear you...but I remeber Mayors going all the way back to Wagner and he was no better or worse than the rest. And we started out on how the sun sets on his majesty's shoulders. You can love a guy, even Giuliani if that floats your boat. But lets not distort the real rather than the imagined, misremembered, misrepresented and otherwise distorted record. :P And by no means was Dinkins a good and/or great mayor. But his Royal Highness was mediocre at best. But thank God those squeegee men are gone.

I miss the squeege guys, they did a good job.

As for Dinkins, he was no worse than Abe Beame or any other clown that was in there pre Koch. Its actually a weird thing, NY is a better place presently than it was in the 1970's because the worldwide economy is better than ours and tons and tons of tourists converge on the area and keep it going, which was not the case in the late 60's early 70's. Times Square was a wonderful place in the 50's and 60's as well, but as the ecomomy and particularly the ecomomic struggles of the city of NY in the 70's multiplied Times Square became a cesspool. The rebuilding of NY in the 90's had as much to do with the economic boom of the Clinton era as it did the dictatorship that Guilani likes to remind everyone he institituted. What is keeping it going now is the tourists, because god knows no one in America has extra money to burn anymore.

Thank you for clearing up that talking out of your ass is the same as talking shit. It was very confusing. :TU:

You had the Rams there for years. They wanted a new stadium huh?. Guess what, they all do. And if I'm correct you've got new stadiums for the Dodgers, Clippers, Lakers and Kings. What no love for the Rams?. They were there before all of them. I mean you even shoved them out to Anaheim. Nobody used to go to Kings games until Gretsky showed up and then all that showed up were people wanting to see celebrities. The minute he left what happened? Look at how fast the bloom is coming off the David Beckham rose?

As for the Raiders, well you gave him the Coliseum and he moved his team there. Then in true Al Davis style he wanted a new stadium and even stole $10 million in doing so and then left. You got what you deserved with him.

That said, for someone to make a statement saying that the town has enough support for 2 teams and then blame there departure on the greed of their owners is really naive. Los Angeles has shown that after USC (who do sell out mind you), they haven't given a fuck about pro football overall, otherwise there wouldn't be a team in Houston right now, you'd have one there in LA. You'll tell me next that games weren't blacked out.

No problem on the fecal clarification, there are many who still support the two former L.A. NFL clubs and the only way the NFL would do well would be to have a true L.A. team not some else's cast off.

Again, we talk of nativity on the greed thing, far from it, it is the reality without getting into politics and government infrastructure here in California.

There are powers vested to cities like Houston that are not in L.A. (i.e. Annexation), creating decaying tax bases which prohibit the funding of such projects.

The picture is much bigger than just fan support, they had it, but that wanted tax payers to give what they couldn't and Houston couldn't of been a better example of what this is really about, corporate welfare.

Arnold and Spanos have been trying to get the Chargers to go there for one reason nobody gives a damn about a good team in San Diego. The Bills, i now live in western NY Bills fans are livid the team is playing some home games in Toronto so no way do they go across the country, Jim Kelly is starting a ownership group that hopefully keeps the team in NY