SportsWrath

Is Terrell Davis a hall of famer?

Taylorized56

Sorry I know this isn't Giants related but at another board I frequent there's an interesting debate about whether TD deserves to be in the hall. I was curious to see what you guys think. The majority there think he's a sure fire HOF'er, I'm in the minority. He had 3 good seasons, is that really enough to put him in the hall? It's unfortunate that his career was cut short because of injuries but it is what it is, I just don't see why someone should get in for a couple great years.

What say you?

I was thinking about this myself recently. In all honesty I think he will get in because he will have the public support behind him and also he is one of the few RBs to have a 2000+ yard season. Does he truly deserve it? I don't know, I think if he had a full career behind him it would of been a no brainer but because of the injuries it did cut his great career short. So I think he will get in but I'm sure the whole "he didnt play a full carrier" thing will follow him around.

Tough call, yeah he only had 4 years to speak of really, but he's 1 of 5 2000 yard rushers, a super bowl mvp. Personally, I really don't think he's done enough, but I would be very happy for him if he does make it, he was a class guy. If he makes it, i think you have to let guys like Tiki in.

difficult question - the dog hates to penalize a player because of injuries, and the average life span for running backs is pretty low if the dog remembers correctly anyway. If you base it on what he did when he was in the league, it is a no-brainer...the fact is, you could argue that he is directly responsible for putting that team over the hump to win two super bowls, so that should account for something...in the end, the dog agrees with VG - he may not have been in the league long enough, but you have to like him as a player and person, so good for him if he gets in...

I say put him in just for being a good mentor to my son.........................on Madden. ;):P

Or one of those football video games. I see my son playing it all the time and TD always is his mentor and he always says.."I'm good friends with your dad"

I doubt it. Especially when one factors in the Broncos offense.

They could plug in any RB and get a good running game.

He could possibly make it in a slow year.

2000 yards

league mvp

sb mvp

back to back sb wins.

I doubt it. Especially when one factors in the Broncos offense.

They could plug in any RB and get a good running game.

He could possibly make it in a slow year.

2000 yards

league mvp

sb mvp

back to back sb wins.

I agree.

The standard for a short career at RB is Gale Sayers....I don't think he was a Sayers.

C. Wagon.

If you vote him in on the first ballot, then you're going to create a shit storm for future years. If you do a Harry Carson and wait 9 years then maybe over that time you can gauge the support he has from the fans etc. But to put him in in his first/second year would be wrong IMO.