SportsWrath

Eagles shopping Lito?

Taylorized56

While I doubt the Giants would be in the running, just for the sake of argument what you give up for him? He's a top corner in the league when healthy. I wouldn't mind giving up draft picks for him, just don't think we have the money right now to sign him. I've read that the Eagles don't have any reservations about trading within the division.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Ea...d?urn=nfl,74224

Eagles expected to work on trade for Sheppard

It appears one of the objectives for the Philadelphia Eagles this week is to gauge the interest in former All-Pro cornerback Lito Sheppard according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. Despite some sentiment that the Eagles would be better served by keeping Sheppard and moving Sheldon Brown to safety, the trade scenario remains far more likely.

Trade talks concerning Sheppard figure to pick up this week at the owners' meetings, which take place today through Wednesday in West Palm Beach, Fla. A team source said the Eagles already have received some significant offers for the cornerback and will continue to listen. A deal is likely to get done before the start of the April 26 draft. The Eagles have been told by several teams that they will make offers after they finalize their draft boards. With the draft less than a month away, those offers should be coming soon.

The Dallas Morning News speculated a potential landing spot for Sheppard might be Cincinnati where the Bengals are dealing with an unhappy Chad Johnson.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Related: , Philadelphia Eagles

I would stay away from Lito, a lot of Eagles players excel as part of the defensive system and don't do as well on other teams.

Spags runs a similar defense to Jim Johnson and he was a db coach for Philly, so they are pretty familiar with eachother allready. Lito is injury prone however.

Ross played pretty well for a rookie. Webster stepped it up in the playoffs and played as lights-out as a corner can these days. I'd rather trust in Reese and Co. to make the right decision in drafting a CB than burning picks. Build in the draft is the winning program and avoiding injury risks. And Pacmans.

I think the Eagles are probably going to want a WR in a trade because they need one. This is why the Bengals make some sense but the Giants I doubt would give up Smith for Sheppard (no way on Plax or Toomer). I don't the Giants are willing to give up what the Eagles need.

I think the Eagles are probably going to want a WR in a trade because they need one. This is why the Bengals make some sense but the Giants I doubt would give up Smith for Sheppard (no way on Plax or Toomer). I don't the Giants are willing to give up what the Eagles need.

Eagles definitely need a wr. The reason I don't think the Bengals will part with Ocho Stinko is because they would take an 8 million dollar cap hit if they do trade him. I think Philly would part with Lito for a few draft picks, I don't like giving up picks but I think Lito would do well in our system. Like I said in my OP it's probably a long shot, just figured to post it up for discussion.

The Bengals make a lot of sense for this one. They need all the help they can get on D and Jerky Stinko is only gonna hurt them if he stays.

Why would they take a cap hit for trading him? Isn't his contract the receiving team's problem?

Why would they take a cap hit for trading him? Isn't his contract the receiving team's problem?

It's not likely because of the impact that losing Johnson would have on the Bengals' salary cap. If Cincinnati either trades or releases their talkative receiver, it will have to absorb a 2008 cap hit of slightly more than $8 million. While the salary cap rises another $7 million this season to $116 million, that's still a sizable chunk of dead money that would ensue from Johnson's departure.

That's probably the No. 1 reason Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has come out and shot down any notion Johnson will be on the trading block this offseason. Still, Johnson clearly hopes to follow in the recent footsteps of No. 1 receivers such as Terrell Owens and Randy Moss in prompting a trade, but odds are his uneasy marriage with the Bengals will continue this year unless complete insubordination is his exit strategy.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/story/2...2/11/85623/9039

The only thing that comes to mind here is that

it always seems that when the Giant get and ex-Eagles

players he rapidly turns to shit. (See carlos emmons

and brian mitchell) All though we got those players

at the end of their career I think it might be bad karma

or something. :unsure:

The only thing that comes to mind here is that

it always seems that when the Giant get and ex-Eagles

players he rapidly turns to shit. (See carlos emmons

and brian mitchell) All though we got those players

at the end of their career I think it might be bad karma

or something. :unsure:

I was actually excited about Mitchell....but after he made sure he had direct deposit on all of the free agency money; all the fucker would do is fair catch every play he was out there. He was even more of a waste than that roster spot ghost Carlos Emmons.

If he really wanted out couldn't he restructure to make a trade easier?

I still think that's wrong. If the CUT him they'd have to pay him out any guaranteed money left on the contract but unless they've already paid him $8mil since the end of last season I don't see how it wouldn't be the new team's issue to deal with. :confused: