SportsWrath

Tynes signed to contract extension

jranieli

in NFL 5 years =1 year- just a way to spread out signing bonus.

What's the point in spreading it out if you're going to cut him anyway? It makes the cap look better for now, but will cause an issue when they have to include four years worth of the guaranteed money on the tab next year.

His kick-offs have improved recently though so I'm not as down on him.

What's the point in spreading it out if you're going to cut him anyway? It makes the cap look better for now, but will cause an issue when they have to include four years worth of the guaranteed money on the tab next year.

His kick-offs have improved recently though so I'm not as down on him.

NFL is not very long term strategic- theory is get under the cap this year- worry about next year when it happens.

To me it comes down to the Stadium, it's been a fact that Giant's stadium isnt the easiest place to kick in. I think Tynes was adjusting to that in his first number of games were we did see the missed PAs(only missed two) and the odd missed FG.

I think the coaches like what they have recently seen in Tynes, being able to miss two in a playoff game to send your team to the SB but yet being able to shrug it off and still being able to go out there. Also I dont think they want to be brining in a new kicker who will have to adjust to the weather like Tynes had to.

I don't see whats so bad 23 of 27 isnt bad considering where he has to kick.

See Jay Feely, all you need to do to get paid from the Giants is hit 1 out of 3 game winners.

in all honesty,last I checked he hit 85 % of his kicks, like someone else said, snaps have been the bigger problem early in the year and in the gb game. I have no problem with Tynes coming back.

If that's true, then I don't like it. The winning field goal in Green bay aside, to me he had a lot of mental breakdowns. I mean, he missed 2 kicks beforehand, the second of which was a God awful shank.

Nobody had hit over 40 yards and one was a bad snap where he stutter stepped. I will admit his mental mistakes have been an issue from time to time but getting reasonably good kicker in the NFL is hard. As somebody pointed out 23 of 27 isn't bad (especially when you can see he is getting better and better).