SportsWrath

Ugh..Patriots fan just told me that Wes Welker is 10 times better than Plax

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Actually, Welker is a chain mover. The guy is a solid WR and runs some of the best routes I have ever seen, not to mention I haven't seen him drop much.

I think if Moss wasn't in NE Welker would easily be the number 1 WR on that team.

If I compare Plax and Welker, Wes doesnt have the big play capability of Plax but Plax doesnt have the reliability of Welker.

So is he better? It's a push.

Actually, Welker is a chain mover. The guy is a solid WR and runs some of the best routes I have ever seen, not to mention I haven't seen him drop much.

I think if Moss wasn't in NE Welker would easily be the number 1 WR on that team.

If I compare Plax and Welker, Wes doesnt have the big play capability of Plax but Plax doesnt have the reliability of Welker.

So is he better? It's a push.

If Moss wasn't on New England Welker wouldn't lead the league in catches.

You can pretty much write it down.

In fact I'd love to see nothing more than Webster or Wilson just light this

asshole up at the line of scrimmage. Seriously I say we jam the fuck out

of the Patriots receiving core and make Moss quit.

Who's the asshole? Moss or Welker? I don't know how that tag could be applied to Welker and Moss seems to have be pretty decent this season.

Who's the asshole? Moss or Welker? I don't know how that tag could be applied to Welker and Moss seems to have be pretty decent this season.

Welker. I've hated him since he caught like 28194179032 first downs against

us in the last week of the season. I think most Pats would agree that Welker

wouldn't be very successful if he were the vocal point of their offense. It's easy

to see that Moss/Brady is.

I am Patriot fan, I won't say that Wes has more pure talent then Plax. But Wes does more to strength the NE offense than Plax does for the Giants offense. If you look at what Wes did at Miami it is clear that Wes makes the NE offense better and the NE offense makes Wes better. And it is not just Wes, Moss is having his best year ever. In fact if you look at almost any player that left another team and came to the Patriots they have had a better year as a Patriot than with their old team. Likewise when players who have had great season with the Pats leave for a big FA contract they almost always under-perform with their new team. Wes improves the system, but the system also improves Wes. That is why NE is going to their 4th SB in 7 years.

I am Patriot fan, I won't say that Wes has more pure talent then Plax. But Wes does more to strength the NE offense than Plax does for the Giants offense. If you look at what Wes did at Miami it is clear that Wes makes the NE offense better and the NE offense makes Wes better. And it is not just Wes, Moss is having his best year ever. In fact if you look at almost any player that left another team and came to the Patriots they have had a better year as a Patriot than with their old team. Likewise when players who have had great season with the Pats leave for a big FA contract they almost always under-perform with their new team. Wes improves the system, but the system also improves Wes. That is why NE is going to their 4th SB in 7 years.

I'd agree with that.

I could be good if Randy Moss lined up on the other side of the field, especially

the way Moss has been playing this year. Welker is good, don't get me wrong...

but without Moss he really isn't this good.

I'd agree with that.

I could be good if Randy Moss lined up on the other side of the field, especially

the way Moss has been playing this year. Welker is good, don't get me wrong...

but without Moss he really isn't this good.

Exactly right. Wes is a product of Moss being double teamed and DCs game planning so much for him. Wes is good but not amazing without Moss (sort of like Pippen and Jordan).

Exactly right. Wes is a product of Moss being double teamed and DCs game planning so much for him. Wes is good but not amazing without Moss (sort of like Pippen and Jordan).

I think you are both missing an important part of the equation, it is not just Moss, but the guy throwing the ball. I know your guy was taken #1 overall and ours was a lowly late 6th rounder.......

I think you are both missing an important part of the equation, it is not just Moss, but the guy throwing the ball. I know your guy was taken #1 overall and ours was a lowly late 6th rounder.......

Thats very true, while i agree with the others in that Welker benefits most from playing with Moss, fact is its all moot. Mass is a Patriot, Welker is a Patriot, Gaffney, Watson, the o line, all patriots. What they would do without one or more of them on the field is irrelevant, cause they are all there.

He's a fast and pretty good wide reciever.

and he's WHITE. Plax is just another black reciever.

Is your friend from New England? It would make sense. They wouldn't let me into Fenway Park or Razor Blade stadium unless I was cleaning the bathrooms. :P

Welker. I've hated him since he caught like 28194179032 first downs against

us in the last week of the season. I think most Pats would agree that Welker

wouldn't be very successful if he were the vocal point of their offense. It's easy

to see that Moss/Brady is.

the dog can't understand what you have against his singing...

comparing welker and burress makes little sense as they each are extremely different receivers that bring different attributes to their teams...nobody knows how welker would be as a #1 receiver because the patriots don't ask or need him to fill that role...the fact is, he is more consistent then burress, runs solid routes and rarely drops passes...burress makes big plays, has more athletic ability, and presents match-up issues for corners...both are different receivers.

Boy do I miss this guy. He never did much until his final year in Miami, where he lead the team with about 670 yards. When I heard NE was trading a 2nd rounder and a 7th for him, it was unbelievable. Who gives that much for a slot receiver?

A year later, I'd say the trade ended up being equal. Obviously he does better things with a better QB.

And I've been maintaining all year, I could catch 100 passes in the NE offense

Boy do I miss this guy. He never did much until his final year in Miami, where he lead the team with about 670 yards. When I heard NE was trading a 2nd rounder and a 7th for him, it was unbelievable. Who gives that much for a slot receiver?

A year later, I'd say the trade ended up being equal. Obviously he does better things with a better QB.

And I've been maintaining all year, I could catch 100 passes in the NE offense

He's a fast and pretty good wide reciever.

and he's WHITE. Plax is just another black reciever.

Is your friend from New England? It would make sense. They wouldn't let me into Fenway Park or Razor Blade stadium unless I was cleaning the bathrooms. :P

That has to be the palest fan base to the East of Idaho....and all of those wonderful militia camps. ;)