SportsWrath

Better team lost

Virginia Giant

Way to take the high road, Egg.

Every fan base has its share of those... wouldn't you agree.

I think the boys are better than the packers. Hopefully we win but I hear it's going to be near zero degrees.

I don't think we should categorize our win against the boys as an "upset"... both teams are evenly matched. As a matter of fact, had Crayton caught that ball, we maybe talking about next season and you maybe talking about the packers coming to Dallas.

Actually Nas, when I used the word "upset" I was referring to a potential matchup with the Pats, not the Cowboys game.

Well, then go into GB, get destroyed, and watch the Pack try to make history against the Pats. Don't let me spoil these lofty expectations. I'll bet the Packers and their fans will also appreciate this, as I am assuming that they have other ideas of what they need to do before now and the end of he season.

Won't matter.

We've overachieved and are satisfied with the end result.

A loss from this point on would be disappointing, yet not devastating like the show the cryboys gave on Sunday.

You want us to win the BIG ONE? How bout you win a little one first? They're called playoff games, and unlike the regular season games, they all count. They're all final.

We shouldn't have to win anything else to get respect from the coach of the team we just demoralized in front of 40+ million.

Won't matter.

You want us to win the BIG ONE? How bout you win a little one first? They're called playoff games, and unlike the regular season games, they all count. They're all final.

:clap: :worshippy:

THAT right there....is the post of the year (for ALL Dallas fans). WOW!

Won't matter.

A loss from this point on would be disappointing, yet not devastating like the show the cryboys gave on Sunday.

We shouldn't have to win anything else to get respect from the coach of the team we just demoralized in front of 40+ million.

AGreed, best post. :clap::clap:

Won't matter.

truthfully, the dog has to disagree...if you are not in it to win the big one, then what's the point...to celebrate the morale victory of "over-achieving" in a season is just as empty a feeling come February...

the giants are close now, and anyone knows that in this day and age, when teams rise and fall yearly, you better take advantage, because there is a chance a playoff team one year is a flop the next (i.e., the "over-achieving" saints of a year ago, the super bowl bears of a year ago, the on the rise 49ers of a year ago, the powerful ravens of a year ago, the up-start jets of a year ago...)...win it now when you are this close, because it may be sometime before a team is able to be this close again, and as a fan, you have to know this...

truthfully, the dog has to disagree...if you are not in it to win the big one, then what's the point...to celebrate the morale victory of "over-achieving" in a season is just as empty a feeling come February...

the giants are close now, and anyone knows that in this day and age, when teams rise and fall yearly, you better take advantage, because there is a chance a playoff team one year is a flop the next (i.e., the "over-achieving" saints of a year ago, the super bowl bears of a year ago, the on the rise 49ers of a year ago, the powerful ravens of a year ago, the up-start jets of a year ago...)...win it now when you are this close, because it may be sometime before a team is able to be this close again, and as a fan, you have to know this...

How many times do we have to say this? We ARE TRYING TO WIN A SB. That what we want. Its just if the season ended today, we would be proud of our team because they exceeded expectations.

ah, did you accidently log in as the dog when you were trying to reply as eggy? :confused:

What exactly are you disagreeing with dog?

That we had a successful year?

That we overachieved?

That winning in the playoffs was a big step forward for us?

If it's not that, then you must be confused. I damn sure didn't say anything about not wanting to win the SB.

Read it. I said I'd be disappointed, but not as disappointed as I would be if say we hadn't won a playoff game in 11 years. Or making history by being the first 1 seed beaten by a lowly 5. That's pretty fucking devastating to a team don't you think? ;)

Please go here, and give these guys an earful of your BS.

ah, did you accidently log in as the dog when you were trying to reply as eggy? :confused:

What exactly are you disagreeing with dog?

That we had a successful year?

That we overachieved?

That winning in the playoffs was a big step forward for us?

If it's not that, then you must be confused. I damn sure didn't say anything about not wanting to win the SB.

Read it. I said I'd be disappointed, but not as disappointed as I would be if say we hadn't won a playoff game in 11 years. Or making history by being the first 1 seed beaten by a lowly 5. That's pretty fucking devastating to a team don't you think? ;)

Please go here, and give these guys an earful of your BS.

the dog disagrees with gaining satisfaction from a season short of a Super Bowl, particularly when you are just one game away...reread the post again for further clarification...if you are not in it to win the whole thing, moral victories mean very little in the end...

the dog disagrees with gaining satisfaction from a season short of a Super Bowl, particularly when you are just one game away...reread the post again for further clarification...if you are not in it to win the whole thing, moral victories mean very little in the end...

Interesting. Interesting that the dog shares this opinion with another here.

If the dog doesn't get satisfaction from his qb (much less the dog's team mind you) winning his first playoff game, in three tries, and then topping it with yet another (versus need I say more....), then the dog either has no team at all, or the dog's team has never won a playoff game (much less 2) when they were expected to be co-cellar dwellars.

Interesting. Interesting that the dog shares this opinion with another here.

If the dog doesn't get satisfaction from his qb (much less the dog's team mind you) winning his first playoff game, in three tries, and then topping it with yet another (versus need I say more....), then the dog either has no team at all, or the dog's team has never won a playoff game (much less 2) when they were expected to be co-cellar dwellars.

Bottom line, whetevr the Giants do, the Dog and Egg will find some fault in it. At the begining of the yer it was we would never contend, then it was we beat shitty teams, then it was we couldn't win in the playoffs, then it was we couldn't beat the Cowboys in the playoffs and now since we've done all they (dog and egg) say we couldn't do, the season is a waste short of a super bowl. If we do happen to win it all, I'll bet the house they'll find something wrong or how we somehow managed to fall short of something.

Bottom line, whetevr the Giants do, the Dog and Egg will find some fault in it. At the begining of the yer it was we would never contend, then it was we beat shitty teams, then it was we couldn't win in the playoffs, then it was we couldn't beat the Cowboys in the playoffs and now since we've done all they (dog and egg) say we couldn't do, the season is a waste short of a super bowl. If we do happen to win it all, I'll bet the house they'll find something wrong or how we somehow managed to fall short of something.

no doubt. I just want them to know how happy I am, win or lose. Much happier with the win ofcourse, but happy overall. And satisfied with the season. :)

Although I agree with the premise of your argument....let me remind you that the Giants are not the "overachieving saints of a year ago, the super bowl bears of a year ago, the on the rise 49ers of a year ago, the powerful ravens of a year ago, the up-start jets of a year ago..."

The Giants are where they are at with 8 rookies on the team and the 3rd youngest team in the NFL (which will be the youngest if Strahan or Toomer retires at the end of the season or if Madison is cut). And this team did it without Shockey, or without Kiwanuka, or Ward, etc.

That means that the best years for this team are yet to come.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't be hoping for a Super Bowl win, but there's no reason to believe that we should think about rebuilding next year when we got to where we are with a great bunch of rookies.

Although I agree with the premise of your argument....let me remind you that the Giants are not the "overachieving saints of a year ago, the super bowl bears of a year ago, the on the rise 49ers of a year ago, the powerful ravens of a year ago, the up-start jets of a year ago..."

The Giants are where they are at with 8 rookies on the team and the 3rd youngest team in the NFL (which will be the youngest if Strahan or Toomer retires at the end of the season or if Madison is cut). And this team did it without Shockey, or without Kiwanuka, or Ward, etc.

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't be hoping for a Super Bowl win, but there's no reason to believe that we should think about rebuilding next year when we got to where we are with a great bunch of rookies.

Granted, the Giants have had some good plays by rookies lately. But the strength of this team has not been its rookies. Eli, Shockey, Toomer, Burress, their o-line, Jacobs, their d-line, Pierce -- these are not rookies. Boss and Bradshaw have made a play or two, and their young d-backs have made a play or two, but that does not necessarily translate into another playoff run next year.

To add to the list of teams you named above, I do recall that the Titans felt that they were young enough to have a decent future when they lost to the Rams, the Giants felt good after losing to the Ravens, and the Panthers, with a young Delhome, Foster, Smith, not the mention the talent they had on defense, were feeling pretty good after nearly beating the Pats. Interestingly, the Panthers and their genius coach have been MIA lately and, while they did show up to the Meadowlands one January, that victory never translated into anything.

The bottom line is this: I this is like the Giants' 4th appearance in an NFC title. They need to take advantage of it. The "house money" they are playing with this season, does not guarantee they will be back there next year.

And let's be realistic: The Giants and Cowboys are not miles ahead of the Redskins and Eagles. If the Eagles make some good moves in the offseason, which they have a recent history of doing, it could, once again, be the Giants and the Cowboys on the outside looking in on week one next season. The Giants and their fans should lose this "house money" we "will be satisfied" battle cry. They are better than that.

Granted, the Giants have had some good plays by rookies lately. But the strength of this team has not been its rookies. Eli, Shockey, Toomer, Burress, their o-line, Jacobs, their d-line, Pierce -- these are not rookies. Boss and Bradshaw have made a play or two, and their young d-backs have made a play or two, but that does not necessarily translate into another playoff run next year.

To add to the list of teams you named above, I do recall that the Titans felt that they were young enough to have a decent future when they lost to the Rams, the Giants felt good after losing to the Ravens, and the Panthers, with a young Delhome, Foster, Smith, not the mention the talent they had on defense, were feeling pretty good after nearly beating the Pats. Interestingly, the Panthers and their genius coach have been MIA lately and, while they did show up to the Meadowlands one January, that victory never translated into anything.

The bottom line is this: I this is like the Giants' 4th appearance in an NFC title. They need to take advantage of it. The "house money" they are playing with this season, does not guarantee they will be back there next year.

And let's be realistic: The Giants and Cowboys are not miles ahead of the Redskins and Eagles. If the Eagles make some good moves in the offseason, which they have a recent history of doing, it could, once again, be the Giants and the Cowboys on the outside looking in on week one next season. The Giants and their fans should lose this "house money" we "will be satisfied" battle cry. They are better than that.

I beg to differ. You talk as if Steve Smith isn't a factor....or the special teams led by Zak DeOssie isn't a factor....or that Boss isn't blocking like a veteran and making catches when necessary, etc.

Shockey didn't put this team where they are right now and neither did Toomer (who has played great of late, but was MIA during the regular season). And Buress made some critical plays when he had to, but he's played at less than 70% all year with nagging injuries. And we are just beginning to see the motor on the little guy Bradshaw.

The point is....it wasn't the veterans that got us to where we are (ie., those with more than 6 years NFL experience), it was the kids. Even the vets have gotten a fire lit under them by the enthusiasm of the kids.

To just blow that off like it was nothing sounds like someone with sour grapes over his haughty team getting knocked down to earth like yesterday's news.

And agreed.....the eagles and skins could be better next year. The fact that 3 teams out of the 4 teams in the NFC East went to post-season play should show the world what a tough division it is.....and we know that the eagles aren't going to stay pat.

As far as those who say, "we will be satisfied....", it is because the team has gone further than anyone ever gave them credit for. There was virtually no hype whatsoever over the Giants by any beat writer....all the hype was about the cowboys....and of course, we know they're going to be eating popcorn and watching the Gints continue their run on television from the comfort of their homes...but I digress.

Your attitude that Giants fans shouldn't be proud of the team unless they win the superbowl is bullshit. We love our team and always will.....and it isn't because of some nifty little marketing campaign calling us "America's Team" that we love our team. As much as we love our team though, we've certainly had moments when they disappointed us. But this year, there is no way they can disappoint us. But I'm sure you know quite a bit about disappointment don't you? :LMAO:

the dog agrees that the future potentially looks good, but the fact remains, aside from teams faltering unexpectedly after having strong years, the NFL is consistent in having teams unexpectedly perform out of nowehere...as much as the saints are an example of a team that faltered with high expectations, they are also a team that came from nowehere the year before...all the dog is saying is that having a good season is fine, but the ultimate goal is always the super bowl. particularly when you are this close. the nfc east is going to be just as daunting next year as it is this year, and every team in that division is one free agent signing away from being a super bowl favorite...not to mention other nfc teams in the same position. with the exception of the patriots and possibly the colts, a number of teams have ridden the up and down waves of success...that is why when the opportunity presents itself, you take advantage...it could be years before you get this close again, and that being the case, being satisfied with some playoff wins isn't much to go on...

I beg to differ. You talk as if Steve Smith isn't a factor....or the special teams led by *Zak DeOssie* isn't a factor....or that Boss isn't blocking like a veteran and making catches when necessary, etc.

Shockey didn't put this team where they are right now and neither did Toomer (who has played great of late, but was MIA during the regular season). And Buress made some critical plays when he had to, but he's played at less than 70% all year with nagging injuries. And we are just beginning to see the motor on the little guy Bradshaw.

The point is....it wasn't the veterans that got us to where we are (ie., those with more than 6 years NFL experience), it was the kids. Even the vets have gotten a fire lit under them by the enthusiasm of the kids.

To just blow that off like it was nothing sounds like someone with sour grapes over his haughty team getting knocked down to earth like yesterday's news.

And agreed.....the eagles and skins could be better next year. The fact that 3 teams out of the 4 teams in the NFC East went to post-season play should show the world what a tough division it is.....and we know that the eagles aren't going to stay pat.

As far as those who say, "we will be satisfied....", it is because the team has gone further than anyone ever gave them credit for. There was virtually no hype whatsoever over the Giants by any beat writer....all the hype was about the cowboys....and of course, we know they're going to be eating popcorn and watching the Gints continue their run on television from the comfort of their homes...but I digress.

Your attitude that Giants fans shouldn't be proud of the team unless they win the superbowl is bullshit. We love our team and always will.....and it isn't because of some nifty little marketing campaign calling us "America's Team" that we love our team. As much as we love our team though, we've certainly had moments when they disappointed us. But this year, there is no way they can disappoint us. But I'm sure you know quite a bit about disappointment don't you? :LMAO:

You mean a special teams led by Jeff Feagles, Domenik Hixon, and David Tyree...right? I sure hope so...

Does it matter? Our special teams is good, one of the best in the league.

it isn't 'led' by a first year player. zak deossie may have potential to be good and does look good on special teams, he isn't the special teams leader.

it isn't 'led' by a first year player. zak deossie may have potential to be good and does look good on special teams, he isn't the special teams leader.

I think in part he said DeOssie's name because his father played for the

Giants also. At this point in the season if we are bitching on who is leading

the Giants special teams I'm taking that as a good sign.

I think in part he said DeOssie's name because his father played for the

Giants also. At this point in the season if we are bitching on who is leading

the Giants special teams I'm taking that as a good sign.

I think bleedig was trying to emphasize the fact that rookies are playing a key role all over this team. And yes DeOssie is one of the special teams leaders, as he has exhibited a fiery spirit that you look for in backup that play special teams. He may not be as valuable as Feagles, Tyree or even Hixon, but his spirit and will to play hard on a unit that normally thrives with that kind of attitude has been a tremdous lift, especially for a rookie. Not to mention if need be he can long snap.

I think bleedig was trying to emphasize the fact that rookies are playing a key role all over this team. And yes DeOssie is one of the special teams leaders, as he has exhibited a fiery spirit that you look for in backup that play special teams. He may not be as valuable as Feagles, Tyree or even Hixon, but his spirit and will to play hard on a unit that normally thrives with that kind of attitude has been a tremdous lift, especially for a rookie. Not to mention if need be he can long snap.

he's already made twice the contribution his dad ever did, if you don't count sound bytes.

Moral Victory = (in football tems) example...NYG 35 NE 38

Playoff Victory = NYG 21 DAL 17

Just thouht I'd point that out. ;)