SportsWrath

Better team lost

Virginia Giant

Sorry egg, but its not comparable. Your the first NFC team to lose as a first seed in the division round since the invention of the superbowl. To a wild card no less. We made history with that game. And if its all we have for this year, I say its stamped a sucess, with a bright future.

I don't know if it was the invention of the Superbowl.

phillips is right in one sense. the best team doesn't always win and that's why you play the game. but he's NUTS if he honestly thinks the cowboys outplayed the giants. sounds like the desperate words of a man who's bout to be fired. i'd put 100 down right now on it

Your attempt at turning this thing around like we have nothing to celebrate yet is pathetic. We are saving our ultimate celebraion in the event we win it all, but we DEFINATLEY have something to cheer about right now, and thats sending your team home. You should not be concerned with US, winning anything big, it should be your own team you want to be that successful. You need to eat crow now, because you said we wouldnt win, and we did. If we win the big one, then a NE fan will need to eat crow, not you.

Crow!?!?! saddegg would have to eat a whole Murder to compensate for all the the stuff he's said this year alone.

I know how the Giants cut shut Wade Phillips up, shut the Dallas fans up, and shut the media up.

Beat Greenbay and win the Superbowl.

Until they do that, they are just another "also-ran" along with Dallas, Philly, Wash, Seattle, TB, and dare I say, Miami...

While Dallas and Romo have usurped Indi as Lead Chokers.

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

I don't know if it was the invention of the Superbowl.

I think it's actually since the current format was instated in 1990. Still now the the record is 17-1 and I guess a team was going to be the 1 eventually.

While Dallas and Romo have usurped Indi as Lead Chokers.

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

I don't know about that. For all that Dungy has done as a coach he is not a good playoff coach (like Schott I guess). Indy has choked in the playoffs every year except last (and let's not forget TB). To be honest being a Colts fan right now would be worse than being a Cowboys fan. Both were upsets but this is only Romo's second playoff appearance. What is the Colts excuse considering LDT and Rivers were also injured?

I don't know about that. For all that Dungy has done as a coach he is not a good playoff coach (like Schott I guess). Indy has choked in the playoffs every year except last (and let's not forget TB). To be honest being a Colts fan right now would be worse than being a Cowboys fan. Both were upsets but this is only Romo's second playoff appearance. What is the Colts excuse considering LDT and Rivers were also injured?

Shhhhhh!

I know how the Giants cut shut Wade Phillips up, shut the Dallas fans up, and shut the media up.

Beat Greenbay and win the Superbowl.

Until they do that, they are just another "also-ran" along with Dallas, Philly, Wash, Seattle, TB, and dare I say, Miami...

JHey, turd of cowboys, how do we shut you up on our mb? You are a useless troll that needs to be banned. MODERATORS, PLEASE DO THAT IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU

JHey, turd of cowboys, how do we shut you up on our mb? You are a useless troll that needs to be banned. MODERATORS, PLEASE DO THAT IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU

I second that emotion........oh wait, thats a Smokey Robinson song :P

I second that NOTION!!!

Philips is showing everyone that it is possible to have even less class the day after the game than he had on game day. He should be complimenting the Giants' (especially the defense that shut them down completely) and making a graceful compliment with dignity, the way true leaders do. But....what can you expect from a typical Dallas player/coach with an inflated sense of self worth and a self-bravado mentality.......duhhh... "even though we're better, we're home watching the other teams play for the big one.....blah, blah, blah....". What an ass!

If they were better...they'd be heading for Lambeau Field....instead, they're eating popcorn in front of a television watching the winners play on!

Correct me if Im wrong, but wouldnt the Packers be heading to Texas Stadium if we had lost?

My bad....I stand corrected. I should've said, "if they were better....the Packers would be headed to Texas instead of the Giants heading for Lambeau.

My bad....I stand corrected. I should've said, "if they were better....the Packers would be headed to Texas instead of the Giants heading for Lambeau.

If they were better those tickets Jerry pre-emptively handed out wouldn't be worthless pieces of paper. :lol:

Wade Phillips not only looks like the Skipper, but he has the same sense of command. Maybe next year the Skipper will keep Gilligan in Dallas, instead of letting him chase Ginger around in Cabo.

The Cowboys might have the best players, but it wasn't enough.....the better team won last Sunday.

I take my hat off to the Giants.....Beat the Packers and win the Superbowl. Win the big game. That will shut everyone up. Just win two more games! There have been plenty of historic upsets in professional sports. Win the big game already!

If the Giants were to win the Superbowl, I would come on here the next day, and then I would never post again.

Win the big game...should be changed to suit YOUR Cowboys. COWBOYS win a PLAYOFF game. 12 mutha fucking years and 6 playoff loses.....win the 'big' game already. There's been numerous teams that won PLAYOFF games since the Dallas Cowboys won ONE!!!! Win a freakin' playoff game already???!!! And stop lying...IF the Giants were to win the Superbowl, you'd be in here more than ever!!!! I'm thinking that you actually like being around us true Giants fans....maybe your Dallas board fans are too wishy washy???

Win the big game...should be changed to suit YOUR Cowboys. COWBOYS win a PLAYOFF game. 12 mutha fucking years and 6 playoff loses.....win the 'big' game already. There's been numerous teams that won PLAYOFF games since the Dallas Cowboys won ONE!!!! Win a freakin' playoff game already???!!! And stop lying...IF the Giants were to win the Superbowl, you'd be in here more than ever!!!! I'm thinking that you actually like being around us true Giants fans....maybe your Dallas board fans are too wishy washy???

LMAO!!!! 12 FUCKIN YEARS!!! WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE!!!

I take my hat off to the Giants and don't believe that Phillips' comment was appropriate at all. He is 0-4 in the playoffs and should not open his mouth. In fact, part of me would love to see Jerry fire Phillips and keep Garret.

But the Giants and their fans cry about what is said in the media and by opposing fans. They want respect.

Beat the Packers and win the Superbowl. Win the big game. That will shut everyone up. Just win two more games!

There have been plenty of historic upsets in professional sports. Win the big game already!

If the Giants were to win the Superbowl, I would come on here the next day, and then I would never post again.

You're pathetic eggy. You sit here and agree with what everyone is saying, and yet you still try to turn it into a 'giants fans crying' 'must win superbowl' spew of idiocy.

Fuck you. We beat you right out of the playoffs. After all the shit you talked all year long, you were wrong about 90% of it. We don't need to win the superbowl to have a successful season. We're already there.

Everything you were chiding us for in the preseason is now applicable to your soap opera team. Congrats for being our court jester all year long.

You're pathetic eggy. You sit here and agree with what everyone is saying, and yet you still try to turn it into a 'giants fans crying' 'must win superbowl' spew of idiocy.

Fuck you. We beat you right out of the playoffs. After all the shit you talked all year long, you were wrong about 90% of it. We don't need to win the superbowl to have a successful season. We're already there.Everything you were chiding us for in the preseason is now applicable to your soap opera team. Congrats for being our court jester all year long.

Well, then go into GB, get destroyed, and watch the Pack try to make history against the Pats. Don't let me spoil these lofty expectations. I'll bet the Packers and their fans will also appreciate this, as I am assuming that they have other ideas of what they need to do before now and the end of he season.

Well, then go into GB, get destroyed, and watch the Pack try to make history against the Pats. Don't let me spoil these lofty expectations. I'll bet the Packers and their fans will also appreciate this, as I am assuming that they have other ideas of what they need to do before now and the end of he season.

Everyone here wants the Giants to go to, and win the super bowl. BUT, since even before the preseason the Giants were an afterthought not only in the NFC, but the NFC East. So the fact we are 1 of the final 4 is very much a success, and every Giants fan, while dissappointed ,would still look at this season as a success.

I will thouroughly upset and pissed if we lose, I would take it hard and avoid people for days, but after the hurt wore off, I would look back and realize how well we did. From the drill seargent coach having his troops rally around him, to the bust QB shutting people up, to the lazy, mouthy WR showing tons of guts by playing through an injury all year. 2007 is the year the Giants became a team, I pray we win it all, and I think we have a better shot than many think, but at the end, win or lose, we have set ourselves up for a great future.

Everyone here wants the Giants to go to, and win the super bowl. BUT, since even before the preseason the Giants were an afterthought not only in the NFC, but the NFC East. So the fact we are 1 of the final 4 is very much a success, and every Giants fan, while dissappointed ,would still look at this season as a success.

I will thouroughly upset and pissed if we lose, I would take it hard and avoid people for days, but after the hurt wore off, I would look back and realize how well we did. From the drill seargent coach having his troops rally around him, to the bust QB shutting people up, to the lazy, mouthy WR showing tons of guts by playing through an injury all year. 2007 is the year the Giants became a team, I pray we win it all, and I think we have a better shot than many think, but at the end, win or lose, we have set ourselves up for a great future.

Very well said. There is nothing else egg can say to this, but unfortunatley, he will. <_<

BadLegg, calm down, you're too busy taking yourself too seriously or trying to hard to be witty.

Just be yourself and you'll see what's obvious to many here: you're a Dallas fan-whiner extroardinaire.

You beat the Pack and we whipped you, so I'm not losing sleep this week. We may win and maybe not; it'll be cold and it is Favre, something you didn't really get a taste of...and we faced him in our nascent period of the season.

If we lose at least it's to a legend. I still like our chances. In any event, the best teams are still playing and you'll be losing most of your staff: ouch!

Enjoy next season; you'll see a beating coming from us.

I take my hat off to the Giants and don't believe that Phillips' comment was appropriate at all. He is 0-4 in the playoffs and should not open his mouth. In fact, part of me would love to see Jerry fire Phillips and keep Garret.

Way to take the high road, Egg.

But the Giants and their fans cry about what is said in the media and by opposing fans. They want respect.

Every fan base has its share of those... wouldn't you agree.

Beat the Packers and win the Superbowl. Win the big game. That will shut everyone up. Just win two more games!

I think the boys are better than the packers. Hopefully we win but I hear it's going to be near zero degrees.

There have been plenty of historic upsets in professional sports. Win the big game already!

I don't think we should categorize our win against the boys as an "upset"... both teams are evenly matched. As a matter of fact, had Crayton caught that ball, we maybe talking about next season and you maybe talking about the packers coming to Dallas.