SportsWrath

Better team lost

Virginia Giant

Moral Victory = (in football tems) example...NYG 35 NE 38

Playoff Victory = NYG 21 DAL 17

Just thouht I'd point that out. ;)

and the dog just thought he would point out that your re-joining the thread a tad too late...the discussion evolved and the moral victory concept was speaking to being satisfied with a season short of the super bowl...

and the dog just thought he would point out that your re-joining the thread a tad too late...the discussion evolved and the moral victory concept was speaking to being satisfied with a season short of the super bowl...

Dog? Question? Let's just say your favorite team is the Cardinals (example only). And in the 2008 season they go 10-6 and make the NFC wildcard. They play the New Orleans Saints in the wildcard game and win...then your Cards advance to play the hated SF 49ers (mind you they lost two regular season games vs the SF 49ers). Nobody in the media gives your team a chance vs the 49ers. The Cards upset the 49ers and advance to the NFC Championship vs the Bears (all hypothetical situations of course). Again, no one is giving your Cards a chance. Would you not be happy with the season overall IF your Cards should happen to lose vs the Bears? Esp if your Cards finally won some playoff games??

Hey, I enjoyed that little equation.

Hey, I enjoyed that little equation.

Well like I said (and others said it too)....the 'loss' to the Pats gave the WHOLE Giants team a boost, whereas the 'cruise mode' the Cowboys did the last few games of the regular season possibly hurt their momentum. I've never experienced that as a fan where a 'loss' to a overly favorite team 'helped' the losing team gain confidence. Never saw that in any sport.

Moral Victory = (NFL terms) NYG 35 NE 38

Playoff Victory = NYG 21 DAL 17

Question is?: Was the loss severely dissapointing to the Cowboys (being that they were 13-3 and bounced in the first playoff game) or would it have been so dissatisfiying (sp) IF the Giants would have lost to the Cowboys? Yes to both! But it's evident that the loss really was a severe dissapointment for the Cowboys.