SportsWrath

Where Does This Win Rank in Giants History???

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I personally put it third, behind the 86' and 90' Super Bowl wins. I rank it third because of WHO we beat and WHERE we won it. I don't give a shit what happens next week....this win will NEVER be forgotten. I LOVE this team and am very proud of them. :)

I personally put it third, behind the 86' and 90' Super Bowl wins. I rank it third because of WHO we beat and WHERE we won it. I don't give a shit what happens next week....this win will NEVER be forgotten. I LOVE this team and am very proud of them. :)

I put it just behind "There will be no THREE-PEAT in San Francisco....LOL!!!

It pretty high for me. I wouldn't say third, beating the 49ers in 1990 was pretty special too.

I don't know where I'd rank it, but I think we might be looking back at this win and think that this is when this team found out it can BEAT anybody.

The Pats game was when they found out they could PLAY with anybody.

With all our young players, this was a BIG game.

I don't know where I'd rank it, but I think we might be looking back at this win and think that this is when this team found out it can BEAT anybody.

I've never seen so much confidence from a loss and I probably

never will.

Exactly....similar to the Seahawk game a couple years back where they knew they should have won. Different in that they used it as motivation in the Playoffs.

Exactly....similar to the Seahawk game a couple years back where they knew they should have won. Different in that they used it as motivation in the Playoffs.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the '81, '84 teams--real young teams, where they didn't really know how to win big games, and suddenly that pivital game happens--you're not trying for decent anymore, you're looking for playoffs and beyond. Yeah, we went in two years before this year, but this season has meant a lot more...

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly, but think of the Dallas game in '81, and those 300+ games Simms had in 2004. I think we're somewhere at that level right now.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the '81, '84 teams--real young teams, where they didn't really know how to win big games, and suddenly that pivital game happens--you're not trying for decent anymore, you're looking for playoffs and beyond. Yeah, we went in two years before this year, but this season has meant a lot more...

I don't know if I'm explaining this properly, but think of the Dallas game in '81, and those 300+ games Simms had in 2004. I think we're somewhere at that level right now.

Yeah I hear what you are saying.....sort of the feeling after the loss to DA Bears in 85. Sean Landetta is still trying to make that kick in the wind. <_< They were a team of destiny in 86 because of this loss.

I'd put this game behind the game vs the Broncos when Mr. Mara was on his deathbed. It was the last game Mr. Mara watched and we won it on the last play of the game on the arm of Eli, and the blocking and running of Tiki.

You mean this game? :P

I've gotta put this at probably number three for me.

Beating the 49ers 49-3 was awesome. Just dominating.

Beating them for "no three-peat" was more of a nail-biter.

Creaming the Vikes in the championship game was number three.

I have to put this at number four... but what a great, GREAT number four. :TU:

It pretty high for me. I wouldn't say third, beating the 49ers in 1990 was pretty special too.

Yeah, this game was #3 in my book, followed by yesterdays game at #4. Beating the 9ers in 90, I was 20 years old and remember that game like it was yesterday. VERY special. But this one is right on its heels!