SportsWrath

I've suspected as much since the Miami game...

Nesta

Is that another excuse for Eli?

No it is another reason why he is not as bad a QB as the media makes him out to be and the majority of Eli haters overlooks the obvious. Not saying he is his brother, not saying he is worth the trade, but he is not a bust like a lot would want to believe.

No it is another reason why he is not as bad a QB as the media makes him out to be and the majority of Eli haters overlooks the obvious. Not saying he is his brother, not saying he is worth the trade, but he is not a bust like a lot would want to believe.

Agreed. He's not Peyton but he's not Ryan Leaf either.

Was he worth the trade when we could get Ben without 'em, no. Not yet anyway.

No but Eli does crumble under pressure. You could tell the O was going south in 3rd quarter when Eli started getting constantly pressured. Also WRs bail him out with great catches, like Plax's TD, so it's a wash. Also how many ducks have been dropped. I am no Eli hater but he has issues for sure. When he gets too much pressure he should be dropped into shotgun formations. This seems to get him back into a groove.

No but Eli does crumble under pressure. You could tell the O was going south in 3rd quarter when Eli started getting constantly pressured. Also WRs bail him out with great catches, like Plax's TD, so it's a wash. Also how many ducks have been dropped. I am no Eli hater but he has issues for sure. When he gets too much pressure he should be dropped into shotgun formations. This seems to get him back into a groove.

The shotgun formation gives him the ability to look over the defense in my opinion than when he is under center.

I can't argue with the pressure. Look at Brady. He plays to a higher level when he's not getting pressure.

Come to think of it, every qb does.

The wr's bail eli out a few times in each game, that's true, but they also lead the league in drops.

The drops, at least this year, are certainly the more common occurence.

The shotgun formation gives him the ability to look over the defense in my opinion than when he is under center.

Gilbride needs to get more shotgun formations in for Eli, especially when things start going bad. Eli seems to settle down but he runs an awful speed drill. Every play in the 2 minute hurry up seemed to take almost the full amount of time.

I can't argue with the pressure. Look at Brady. He plays to a higher level when he's not getting pressure.

The wr's bail eli out a few times in each game, that's true, but they also lead the league in drops.

The drops, at least this year, are certainly the more common occurrence.

Yes, obviously but Eli wilts bad. Check the first half when the good Eli was scrambling and strafing left and right and playing great. Then mid 3rd quarter and he starts getting big time pressure. Starts running backward, fumbles, unnecessary timeout, throws a pick and you could just feel the train derailing. He also throws and then braces (or cowers) while Brady steps into the rusher and just takes the hit. I hope first half Eli shows up for TB.

The drops, at least this year, are certainly the more common occurrence.

yeah but

look at all the bullshit passes he made tonight when he had a face full of Giants off balance and Wide open FUCKING WES WELKER

Yes, obviously but Eli wilts bad. Check the first half when the good Eli was scrambling and strafing left and right and playing great. Then mid 3rd quarter and he starts getting big time pressure. Starts running backward, fumbles, unnecessary timeout, throws a pick and you could just feel the train derailing. He also throws and then braces (or cowers) while Brady steps into the rusher and just takes the hit. I hope first half Eli shows up for TB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Eli is = to Brady. Ofcourse not.

But every qb gets worse with pressure.

Is that on the qb or is it a fault of the oline? Does the oline have the job of protecting the qb?

Brady has an astronomical rating because his oline rarely let's pressure get to him.

Besides us and the egals and the ravens to a lesser extent, who has gotten to Brady?

yeah but

look at all the bullshit passes he made tonight when he had a face full of Giants off balance and Wide open FUCKING WES WELKER

That's all on the defense. How can you attribute that to good qb play?

Half of that shit would've been picked off by other qb's, which leads us back to

my theory that Brady has sold his soul to the devil.

That's all on the defense. How can you attribute that to good qb play?

Half of that shit would've been picked off by other qb's, which leads us back to

my theory that Brady has sold his soul to the devil.

I am not

More like he is one helluva lucky SOB

and you maybe right his spawn may grow Horns with the onset of puberty . cause you know that a fuck night with Brady's Bitch was also in the devils contract

Even the sack where Eli was going backwards wasn't too awful--I mean what did you expect him to do under that particular play's onslaught?

I was thrilled with the scramble he mad in the first half. If he does that once a game against mere mortal teams, we're in good shape.

Even the sack where Eli was going backwards wasn't too awful--I mean what did you expect him to do under that particular play's onslaught?

I was thrilled with the scramble he mad in the first half. If he does that once a game against mere mortal teams, we're in good shape.

I was one to complain about that sack, as he had a window to the right.

But he did make several good moves under pressure, not limited to the scramble.

You can say any Qb's numbers would be better if you added up all his dropped passes. Silly to even bring it up.

Btw, No one says he is Ryan Leaf and no one expects him to be Peyton, but its not out of reality to be upset that he is not even Matt Hasselbeck at this point. A good playoffs will help him off last nights game tremendously, nowits time for him to do it.

If you are referring tp Plax's first TD, that was a perfectly thrown pass between two defenders, put in a spot where only Burress could catch it, and it hit him right in the gut.

Eli was impressive last night. I hope it's the start of 5 good weeks for him. :TU:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Eli is = to Brady. Ofcourse not.

But every qb gets worse with pressure.

Is that on the qb or is it a fault of the oline? Does the oline have the job of protecting the qb?

Brady has an astronomical rating because his oline rarely let's pressure get to him.

Besides us and the egals and the ravens to a lesser extent, who has gotten to Brady?

Bridget Moynihan

You can say any Qb's numbers would be better if you added up all his dropped passes. Silly to even bring it up.

Btw, No one says he is Ryan Leaf and no one expects him to be Peyton, but its not out of reality to be upset that he is not even Matt Hasselbeck at this point. A good playoffs will help him off last nights game tremendously, nowits time for him to do it.

Why is it silly to bring it up? Because it makes the guy you regularly bash here seem not as bad as you would like to believe?

And you must be smoking some really good stuff if you believe that bolded crap.

Why is it silly to bring it up? Because it makes the guy you regularly bash here seem not as bad as you would like to believe?

And you must be smoking some really good stuff if you believe that bolded crap.

FIrst off, I do not regularly bash him, in fact I was one of his biggest apologists for 3 years as a Giant fan, it is only recently I have come to grips with the fact that he is just not all that good. Do I hope I am wrong, yeah I do, do I think I will be? The three year body of work says no.

Why is this silly to bring up? Because all Qb's have drops, they do not keep stats for what his rating "would be" if he did not have drops. Its make believe stats, its not real, does not exist. Get it. Its irrelevant. Its like saying if the Giants did not get outscored in 6 of their games they would be 16-0.

BTW I do not and have never thought he would be Peyton, that was clear the first pre season game he played in 2004.