SportsWrath

Elis Problem

Sephiroth

On Toomer's TD...Toomer looks like he broke open and I still wonder why Eli damn near threw a one hopper to Toomer. Toomer bailed him out on that one. Ball comes inches from touching the ground when a higher throw should have been made.

I admittedly wasn't watching when that play happened (couldn't stand to), but in the highlights it really looks like if that ball was thrown any higher it would've been picked off by Briggs. At the very least it would've been batted down I think.

Here's the look from Toomer's angle:

toomerfp2.jpg

Briggs damn near got a hand on it anyway by leaving his feet.

I admittedly wasn't watching when that play happened (couldn't stand to), but in the highlights it really looks like if that ball was thrown any higher it would've been picked off by Briggs. At the very least it would've been batted down I think.

Here's the look from Toomer's angle:

toomerfp2.jpg

Briggs damn near got a hand on it anyway by leaving his feet.

Yeah, I think Eli HAD to pull that one down.

A better quarterback would have thrown that up and over Briggs though...Touch, ya know?

lol :rolleyes:

The guy threw a fucking TD that put us in position to win. It's a shame it wasn't good enough for you.

Although a touch pass would've cleared Briggs, it would've put McGowan (who was very close to Toomer on the inside) in better position to defend it.

toom2xp6.jpg

Looks like you'll just have to admit that Eli put it in the only place where no one could touch it but Toomer.

Notice all three defenders are on their asses, I guess the kid thought Toomer should be too....

lol, I hate to break it to ya, but that's the last frame of Toomer catching the ball. Briggs and McGowan both left their feet to make a play on the ball. That pretty much seals the fact that if the ball was higher Briggs gets it, and if it's touch over Briggs, McGowan gets it. duh.

Don't take my word for it though. Go watch some tape.

How about the fact that the corner was on his ass the entire play? Look at where the corner is on the NFL logo, go back and watch the game he was on the ground before Eli threw the ball he simply feel down. So why not throw it to the right of Toomer? instead of throwing it low and it the iside of the defenders? That way there would be no Briggs leaping of his feet trying to make the play and Tillman of whoever it is behind Briggs is 3steps behind Toomer.

How about the fact that the corner was on his ass the entire play? Look at where the corner is on the NFL logo, go back and watch the game he was on the ground before Eli threw the ball. So why not throw it to the right of Toomer? instead of throwing it low and it the iside of the defenders? That way there would be no Briggs leaping of his feet trying to make the play and Tillman of whoever it is behind Briggs is 3steps behind Toomer.

Great idea if that was the route Toomer was running einstein. He was running a hook.

We know how option routes worked out last week now don't we?

McGowan is the man behind Toomer. And yes he's 3 steps. Close enough to make a play on a lofted touch pass.

Of all the plays in this game you can bitch about, this really isn't one of them. sorry.

I know it hurts you when Eli does something right, but you're gonna have to take the pain on this one.

I know it hurts you when Eli does something right, but you're gonna have to take the pain on this one.

So making the WR dig the ball out of the ground is doing something right? :rolleyes:

I don't want to see what this kid can do when he's wrong.....oh wait we already have...

Come on Nessy, even you have to admit Toomer saved the kids ass once again.

Anyways have fun replying I'm off for the night.

So making the WR dig the ball out of the ground is doing something right? :rolleyes:

I don't want to see what this kid can do when he's wrong.....oh wait we already have...

My my you're being pathetic about this. It was a great throw and outstanding catch.

It was thrown where Toomer and only Toomer could get his hands on it.

Sad that you despise the fact he did something right more than you can enjoy the win.

Even Aikman said it was a pour route by Toomer, I think his quote was. He needs to stick that route instead of fading after his turn, then it would have been right in his hands.

lol :rolleyes:

The guy threw a fucking TD that put us in position to win. It's a shame it wasn't good enough for you.

Although a touch pass would've cleared Briggs, it would've put McGowan (who was very close to Toomer on the inside) in better position to defend it.

toom2xp6.jpg

Looks like you'll just have to admit that Eli put it in the only place where no one could touch it but Toomer.

Probably a little more to Toomer's right would have been good but if I remember the passing lane at the line wasn't very big either. Also Toomer kind of slid awkwardly down so he may not have been able to go back right well enough to catch it. During that drive Eli was much better than most the game so I will give him credit for that. Also it's obviously much easier to play Monday morning QB than actually be Eli and have a split second to make the decision on where to throw it.