SportsWrath

Elis Problem

Sephiroth

when do they not roast him when they lose? its always his fault and its ridiculous. not to say his play over the vikings game and the first 3 quarters of today doesnt warrant it but still... fact is he got it done today when we most needed it, and considering what he was facing if he just continued to roll over and die, you can't downgrade that.

They need to use the hurry up all game, every game.

They need to use the hurry up all game, every game.

I used to think that too, but they tried it towards the end of last year and it was a disaster.

Also... think of all the picks Eli's thrown at the end of the half this year in the hurry-up.

when do they not roast him when they lose? its always his fault and its ridiculous. not to say his play over the vikings game and the first 3 quarters of today doesnt warrant it but still... fact is he got it done today when we most needed it, and considering what he was facing if he just continued to roll over and die, you can't downgrade that.

But...I wont roast him but his throws were so typical. Over the heads, in the dirt and he flipped some pass up for grabs like he was an amateur. Toomer and Plax bailed him out!

But...I wont roast him but his throws were so typical. Over the heads, in the dirt and he flipped some pass up for grabs like he was an amateur. Toomer and Plax bailed him out!

That was a pretty good thrown ball that Plaxico caught, what are you talking about?

I used to think that too, but they tried it towards the end of last year and it was a disaster.

Also... think of all the picks Eli's thrown at the end of the half this year in the hurry-up.

He just seems so much more comfortable in the hurry up.

I know it's not feasible for Eli to be in an hurry up all game, but I definitely think they need to compare film of Eli in the hurry up v the standard offense and try to determine if there are some sort of positive and negative trends to improve and eliminate, respectively.

Despite 4 weeks of Eli terrible performance....the Giants are in position to pull this game out. Eli ONCE AGAIN saved by Toomer!

Or you can look it by saying.. FINALLY THE WRs CAUGHT THE FUCKING BALL!!!

Even a healthy Plax would have struggled to find that one. It was a good three yards short.

Nah, if you watch it again you'll see that when the ball was released Plax was in good position. He just kept moving backwards when the ball was in the air. Then his jump for the ball was just pathetic.

Nah, if you watch it again you'll see that when the ball was released Plax was in good position. He just kept moving backwards when the ball was in the air. Then his jump for the ball was just pathetic.

Plax had back position and should have been moving backwards. If Eli put it high in the back corner it would have taken the defender out of the play entirely. It should have been an easy TD.

Plax had back position and should have been moving backwards. If Eli put it high in the back corner it would have taken the defender out of the play entirely. It should have been an easy TD.

Yes if Plax didn't have 5 inches of height on Tillman, you'd have a point. But a jump ball is a jump ball. He didn't have to move backward, just out jump Tillman. Which he could've done easily when he was healthy.

Considering he just threw off a defensive lineman and threw the ball up, I don't see how it 'should have' been an easy td.

You can watch it again on nfl.com. Plax had the whole outside of the endzone. He shouldn't have moved backward.

Moving backward only put Tillman between him and the ball.

Yes if Plax didn't have 5 inches of height on Tillman, you'd have a point. But a jump ball is a jump ball. He didn't have to move backward, just out jump Tillman. Which he could've done easily when he was healthy.

Considering he just threw off a defensive lineman and threw the ball up, I don't see how it 'should have' been an easy td.

Easier I agree with, easily I don't know about. Eli made a good escape for once and I give him credit for that, but he had the time to set for that throw. It was the right throw he just lobbed it too softly. I'll have to watch it again but I recall Tillman catching it out infront of him, not above his head. I think Plax would have struggled to get it jumping or otherwise. He certainly would have been able to react quicker and reverse his direction faster on a fit ankle though.

Easier I agree with, easily I don't know about. Eli made a good escape for once and I give him credit for that, but he had the time to set for that throw. It was the right throw he just lobbed it too softly. I'll have to watch it again but I recall Tillman catching it out infront of him, not above his head. I think Plax would have struggled to get it jumping or otherwise. He certainly would have been able to react quicker and reverse his direction faster on a fit ankle though.

Yes it was in front of Plax. That's why I'm saying he shouldn't have dropped backwards.

The ball was in the air just before he began moving backwards.

I'm not saying it was a good throw by any means, just that Plax could've gotten when healthy (as is, he only got about 6-10 inches off the ground and made a bad play on the ball in the air).

Yes it was in front of Plax. That's why I'm saying he shouldn't have dropped backwards.

The ball was in the air just before he began moving backwards.

I'm not saying it was a good throw by any means, just that Plax could've gotten when healthy (as is, he only got about 6-10 inches off the ground and made a bad play on the ball in the air).

You're right. I just watched it again and Tillman is at full stretch while Plax barely got a jump off. If he'd stuck in place it would have been tough for Tillman to take it without PI, though I still maintain that the easiest TD comes from a corner ball. It was very tight coverage.

Both INTs could have been broken up by the receiver if they reacted quicker, but both were off-target throws that favoured the defender.

You can't support you're argument by using that as an example Nas, Toomer made a great catch there.

That's what a WR is supposed to do. It's safe to say that our WR don't get open often and unless the ball is thrown between their eyes, they won't catch it.

Plax is tall but far from athletic. Give the CB credit for being athletic enough to catch it.

That's what a WR is supposed to do. It's safe to say that our WR don't get open often and unless the ball is thrown between their eyes, they won't catch it.

Well then, Toomer must have been laying on the ground because that's where his eyes would have to have been.

that's the way i saw it as well. that ball should never be left short- to the back where its either TD or incomplete.

Plax is tall but far from athletic. Give the CB credit for being athletic enough to catch it.

Plax's whole game is about the jump ball and being physical. :confused:

When he's healthy he out jump damn near anyone in the league.