SportsWrath

Elis Problem

Sephiroth

I find it disturbing how quickly fans turn on their guy. I'm not the oldest here but in my life time the Giants haven't had a better QB than Eli. You all can sing Sims' praises all you want, my understanding is the guy didn't flourish till late in his career. Come to think of it, I would like to see a complete comparison between Phil and Eli..

I'm not saying Eli is the greatest QB but I'm not willing to just turn my back on my QB simply because he had a terrible game. A loss is a loss.. whether by one point or 100. Last I checked we are 7-4. And 2 of those losses came when our Defense had its head up its ass. we're 7-2 since. And only this last loss came against a team we're better than.

My guess is Eli was pressing. I'm tired of seeing our WR not get open or make the tough catches.. or the easy ones for that matter. Looking at this team, the QB position is not what worries me... it's the CB position.

Make a desicion:

Rexy

Alex Smith

Tavares Jackson

David Carr

Or

Eli "Opie" Manning

Who's better?

That's a good point, but it's a bit of a biased list... where's Rivers, Romo, and Big Ben? How about Campbell and Rodgers?

And Nas, I don't think waiting four years to "turn" on your guy could exactly be called "quickly." The fans are getting tired of watching Eli blow the "defining game of his career" over and over again. That being said... it was four years when the light went on for Drew Brees, so there's still a slim chance that we might get something outta this kid... but I'm sure not holding my breath.

That's a good point, but it's a bit of a biased list... where's Rivers, Romo, and Big Ben? How about Campbell and Rodgers?

....so there's still a slim chance that we might get something outta this kid... but I'm sure not holding my breath.

I purposely left Big Ben off because he "won" a SB. And leaving of Romo (A - he wasn't a big 1st RD pick and B - Romo has "it") Romo (pains me to say this) gets it done. Campbell and Rodgers are too fresh into the season to judge. Rivers true colors are comin' out he's struggling....Ladanian (for whatever reason) isn't the same as last yr....and Rivers HAD a easy go of it. Hand to Ladanian and 7 yd passes to Gates.

I find it disturbing how quickly fans turn on their guy. I'm not the oldest here but in my life time the Giants haven't had a better QB than Eli. You all can sing Simms' praises all you want, my understanding is the guy didn't flourish till late in his career. Come to think of it, I would like to see a complete comparison between Phil and Eli..

My guess is Eli was pressing. I'm tired of seeing our WR not get open or make the tough catches.. or the easy ones for that matter. Looking at this team, the QB position is not what worries me... it's the CB position.

I'm not one of those fans that's turned on Eli. BUT...BUT the Giants touted this Eli guy to be the QB!!! Gave up a LOT for this guy. We expect him to be 11 times better than Simms. And we ALL expect Eli to be much more accurate at this point. He is STILL throwing off the wrong foot too much. He stilll throws the silly INT right before the half too much. The wobbly passes, the underthrows...start from the QB position. Can't lay all the blame on Shockey not running a full route or Plax not cutting properly. Eli should never throw to a Shockey IF Shockey isn't on his route. Eli should learn how to adjust his throws. Not just chuck it to an area, let it bounce off a DB hands and allow a INT.

Now if Eli was chosen 22nd in the 1st round and we gave up no 1st rd picks I could kinda accept this up and down performance by him. But that's not the case. Again, I'm not turning on him but I come to realize that Eli is just middle of the road type of QB....and that's a shame.

I purposely left Big Ben off because he "won" a SB. And leaving of Romo (A - he wasn't a big 1st RD pick and B - Romo has "it") Romo (pains me to say this) gets it done. Campbell and Rodgers are too fresh into the season to judge. Rivers true colors are comin' out he's struggling....Ladanian (for whatever reason) isn't the same as last yr....and Rivers HAD a easy go of it. Hand to Ladanian and 7 yd passes to Gates.

The Dog thinks that is odd...wouldn't you need to include him for fair options? Of course there are worse QBs than Manning to be taken in the first round, but there have been a number of better ones as well...most of whom came with a much lower cost...

I find it disturbing how quickly fans turn on their guy. I'm not the oldest here but in my life time the Giants haven't had a better QB than Eli. You all can sing Sims' praises all you want, my understanding is the guy didn't flourish till late in his career. Come to think of it, I would like to see a complete comparison between Phil and Eli..

I'm not saying Eli is the greatest QB but I'm not willing to just turn my back on my QB simply because he had a terrible game. A loss is a loss.. whether by one point or 100. Last I checked we are 7-4. And 2 of those losses came when our Defense had its head up its ass. we're 7-2 since. And only this last loss came against a team we're better than.

Eli has not gotten better since he's been in the league. Considering what the Giants gave up for him, that's disappointing, and do you really have faith in him when the chips are down? He's not a leader, but Simms sure was.

Eli has not gotten better since he's been in the league. Considering what the Giants gave up for him, that's disappointing, and do you really have faith in him when the chips are down? He's not a leader, but Simms sure was.

I think this what pisses people off the most. When the chips are down Eli either crumbles or just wanders around like a deer in the headlights. The Dallas game was the worst with 3 delay of games and a hurry up offense that wasn't hurrying up. Sure he's had a few comebacks but most the time it was Plax bailing him out with great catches. To be honest I shudder to think how bad Eli would be without Plax. I think if he was getting paid 2 mill and was taken 20th these wouldn't be such issues but the fact of the matter is that he is getting paid big bucks to be average.

Hindsight is 20 20. Who else is out there you could get to QB for you? It's not Eli's fault the Giants FO was in love with him. They saw something... whether that something is there or not is not Eli's fault.

Hindsight is 20 20. Who else is out there you could get to QB for you? It's not Eli's fault the Giants FO was in love with him. They saw something... whether that something is there or not is not Eli's fault.

Accorsi had a hard on for him, that's for sure. If Eli declared in the 2003 draft

(which at the time, was a possibility) he was going to be a late first rounder to

be picked around where the Giants were drafting (25th that year) Accorsi said

he would have taken him then.

Here is Accorsi's scouting report on Eli Manning: (It's long..so if I fuck up it's your loss)

Date of the game was November 2nd, 2002.

Wears left knee brace....during pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm...as game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep all range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field...in a shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw...his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way can he take any for of deep prop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing in the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with three step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried and overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game...he's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 half time deficit basically all by himself. Led them on tow successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, on a 40 yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receivers right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12 yard slant...makes alot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't let him just play. This is a guy you should just let play...when he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side...plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern [at least]...threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never time mom Oliva in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket. Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right aback up...has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic. As [former Baltimore Colts DB Bobby Boyd told me one about Unitas, "Two things set him apart: his left testicle and his right testicle"]....Peyton had much better talent around his at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi.

No, the drive killing INTs, the passes into the dirt, and the throws off the back foot are Eli's fault. He's being outplayed today by REX GROSSMAN.

Eli had to have been adopted.

No, the drive killing INTs, the passes into the dirt, and the throws off the back foot are Eli's fault. He's being outplayed today by REX GROSSMAN.

Eli had to have been adopted.

I don't know what his problem is, but it better get fucking corrected soon. Hopefully

by a guy named Jason Garrett.

Despite 4 weeks of Eli terrible performance....the Giants are in position to pull this game out. Eli ONCE AGAIN saved by Toomer!

I will give Eli some credit for those last 2 drives, but overall, he wasn't very good... again.

I will give Eli some credit for those last 2 drives, but overall, he wasn't very good... again.

Yea...but two fucked up throws to Burress and Toomer. They bailed him out. Eli's is fortunate that the Giants won. If the Giants woulda lost....media woulda roasted him.

Yea...but two fucked up throws to Burress and Toomer. They bailed him out. Eli's is fortunate that the Giants won. If the Giants woulda lost....media woulda roasted him.

when do they not roast him when they lose? its always his fault and its ridiculous. not to say his play over the vikings game and the first 3 quarters of today doesnt warrant it but still... fact is he got it done today when we most needed it, and considering what he was facing if he just continued to roll over and die, you can't downgrade that.