SportsWrath

What's with the offensive play calling?

fringe

2 Trends I've noticed lately that are disconcerting:

1. The Running Game- For some reason, it seems like we have stopped running between the tackles and we're asking Jacobs to run around end or slants where he looks a step slow. When did we decide that Jacobs is Tiki Barber? Consistently, he looks better when he pushes through a hole in the line and gets running north south. I would think the offensive line prefers that as well.

2. Shrinking the field- When you get inside the opponent's 40, you have to try to get in the end zone at least once every set of downs, IMO. To keep shrinking the field with 5 yard completions, tightens up the defense so much, and it seems that we have trouble scoring from closer in. If not for a big effort by Jacobs, we may have never scored a TD today. Seems we were more imaginative early on.

Yeah, Eli had a great game but the offense on the whole couldn't score very many points. It was the playcalling and penaties that hurt us. I don't think TC should start calling plays, but he needs to talk with Gilbride and get the damn offense explosive again.

we should run a 2 back set.

3 out of every 5 plays should be a run.

A nice 5 play balance?

2 runs up middle for Jacobs

1 run off tackle for Draughns

2 passes from Eli

I had hoped we'd do this with Tiki and Jacobs last year, but was disappointed.

they never listen to me.

We run too many first down passes in the first half. It was balanced out a little more in the second.

You're right about the first half, but the thing is there were too many in the second half too. And there would've been more had we not had a lead.

We should be a run first team. We've got the line for it, and the rb's.

We probably have the best running back squad of any team, and we aren't using it.

We could have fresh legs on every play, and 3 of the 4 could take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

That final offensive drive the playcalling infuriated me. A playaction QB bootleg run? A PASS? Folks you had the lead and you should be burning clock.

Put me in the minority but I liked it. Lions are known to be agressive and Droughns wouldve been shut down on that play anyway. If the end and tackle on that side ran to Droughns side Eli couldve gotten 6-7.

The third down call was right too.

That final offensive drive the playcalling infuriated me. A playaction QB bootleg run? A PASS? Folks you had the lead and you should be burning clock.

Put me in the minority but I liked it. Lions are known to be agressive and Droughns wouldve been shut down on that play anyway. If the end and tackle on that side ran to Droughns side Eli couldve gotten 6-7.

The third down call was right too.

Personally, I feel Kevin Notsobrite is an awful play caller. I mean there's not imagination with this offense. Where are the screen plays, the pump fakes, post routes? Against the Lions, you're playing against a cover 2 defense, and you attack the middle of the field once? This is why you have Shockey you fucking moron!

Personally, I feel Kevin Notsobrite is an awful play caller. I mean there's not imagination with this offense. Where are the screen plays, the pump fakes, post routes? Against the Lions, you're playing against a cover 2 defense, and you attack the middle of the field once? This is why you have Shockey you fucking moron!

Dude, we run some fucking ugly screens. You probably just didn't recognise them as they just look like busted plays.

You're right about the first half, but the thing is there were too many in the second half too. And there would've been more had we not had a lead.

We should be a run first team. We've got the line for it, and the rb's.

We probably have the best running back squad of any team, and we aren't using it.

We could have fresh legs on every play, and 3 of the 4 could take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

...I dont think we have anywhere near the best RB corps....the Jags have way better backs.