SportsWrath

Possibly good news

Herc

Nov 13 The Lions are considered holding Jones (foot) out of Sunday's game against the Giants in order to preserve him for the Thanksgiving Day contest against the Packers, MLive.com reports.

Recommendation: Jones has needed four or five days to let his foot fully recover after each game, and it complicates matters further that he had to leave Sunday's loss to Arizona twice because of soreness in his surgically-repaired left foot. With the Thanksgiving Day game, he'd be very doubtful to play next Thursday against Green Bay in the wake of a Sunday contest against the Giants. We'll see if this is something the Lions plan on following through with leading into Sunday, but Jones owners may want to scoop T.J. Duckett up off the waiver wire just to hedge their bets for the next two games.

-from rotowire.com

His numbers aint great but he's only played in 7 games, and he's scored a TD in 5 of those games. After him there's a serious dropoff in talent as tj duckett would start for them if he doesn't. they don't run the ball much anyway (jones only ran 4 times last week but scored) but not having jones in there could seriously help us out as we most certainly would never have to put 8 in the box

Nov 13 The Lions are considered holding Jones (foot) out of Sunday's game against the Giants in order to preserve him for the Thanksgiving Day contest against the Packers, MLive.com reports.

Recommendation: Jones has needed four or five days to let his foot fully recover after each game, and it complicates matters further that he had to leave Sunday's loss to Arizona twice because of soreness in his surgically-repaired left foot. With the Thanksgiving Day game, he'd be very doubtful to play next Thursday against Green Bay in the wake of a Sunday contest against the Giants. We'll see if this is something the Lions plan on following through with leading into Sunday, but Jones owners may want to scoop T.J. Duckett up off the waiver wire just to hedge their bets for the next two games.

-from rotowire.com

His numbers aint great but he's only played in 7 games, and he's scored a TD in 5 of those games. After him there's a serious dropoff in talent as tj duckett would start for them if he doesn't. they don't run the ball much anyway (jones only ran 4 times last week but scored) but not having jones in there could seriously help us out as we most certainly would never have to put 8 in the box

Great, I have him starting on my fantasy team.

their rb's don't scare me... the real good news is that peterson won't play when we play the vikings

they dont run enough to scare anyone, but jones is still a talented player who might not play--that can only help us

another thing is that i think he'll be useless in the lions gameplan, they rarely run the ball and he's the type of guy who needs a lot of rushes to get going. last week they ran kevin jones four times, even four times we still gotta keep an eye on him cuz he can break one of those 4 rushes for a big gain, but duckett? at best he'll get 20 yards if he gets 4 rushes

Truth be told, but honestly shouldn't we as Giants fans be more worried about their passing game rather than a team that compiled -18 yards rushing against the CARDINALS!!!!! Be more concerned about trying to shut down Roy Williams as opposed to a first round bust like TJ Duckett.

Truth be told, but honestly shouldn't we as Giants fans be more worried about their passing game rather than a team that compiled -18 yards rushing against the CARDINALS!!!!! Be more concerned about trying to shut down Roy Williams as opposed to a first round bust like TJ Duckett.

that's my point, we dont have to worry about duckett at all--that helps us

all im saying is that it helps when designing a gameplan this week, anything that decreases our odds--however small that decrease may be--of giving up points is good news IMO.

it doesn't matter anyway, it turns out jones is definitely playing

all im saying is that it helps when designing a gameplan this week, anything that decreases our odds--however small that decrease may be--of giving up points is good news IMO.

it doesn't matter anyway, it turns out jones is definitely playing

I would rather beat a team with all of their "GOOD" guys on the field myself anyway.