SportsWrath

I just read this, just a rumor

so-cal dub

I read a month ago that when we do ware our red Unis we will also have a new Helmet maybe the GIANTS helmet???????

Probly just the new style hemlet, the Schutt XP. not sure if we've been wearing them yet, but we were supposed to start wearing them at some point this year.

Probly just the new style hemlet, the Schutt XP. not sure if we've been wearing them yet, but we were supposed to start wearing them at some point this year.

No VG, the guy (I belive it was the Equipment manager) was talking about the Logo and such he said something to the effect that the NY and the blue helmet clash with the red Uni and he wants to try something different with the Red uni Helmets but has to get the Ok by Tisch and Mara. They would have to giver their approval.

Maybe its the 1975 NY? :P

No VG, the guy (I belive it was the Equipment manager) was talking about the Logo and such he said something to the effect that the NY and the blue helmet clash with the red Uni and he wants to try something different with the Red uni Helmets but has to get the Ok by Tisch and Mara. They would have to giver their approval.

Maybe its the 1975 NY? :P

All I've heard about is the new helmet (xp) and the new nose bumper with the raised rubber part.

I'd like to see the 80's hemlmet come back though.

You don't think they'd make the helmets red do you?

:puke:

BTW, if anyone is uni obsessed (kinda like me0 check out the uniwatch.com blog. The duede who runs it is actually pretty close with the Giants equipment manager and he has been the focus of a couple of the dudes blogs. He's gone to Giants stadium a couple times and they've discussed this kinda stuff.

uniwatch.com

Last blog about Giants equipment manager

:puke:

BTW, if anyone is uni obsessed (kinda like me0 check out the uniwatch.com blog. The duede who runs it is actually pretty close with the Giants equipment manager and he has been the focus of a couple of the dudes blogs. He's gone to Giants stadium a couple times and they've discussed this kinda stuff.

uniwatch.com

Last blog about Giants equipment manager

well thats probley the ny on the helmet I read about VG . good find

I absolutely detest the red jerseys.

:o :o

You just broke my sons heart....... :P

I just got him a red Eli jersey, its the one he wanted. I dont necessarily despise them, I just dont think they look right as a Giant jersey. Blue or white, thats it.

Supposedly this week. Dont hold me to that though, we usually wear them the game after Thanksgiving.

Your right Dub

Sea of Red at Giants Stadium

By David Syvertsen | November 7th, 2007

E-mail | Print | Share

There are mixed feelings regarding the red uniforms the Giants break out once a year for big games. Well, fortunately for some of you and UNfortunately for the others, they are coming back this Sunday against the 1st place Cowboys. The Giants are requesting fans that are in attendance for arguably the biggest game of the season wear as much red as possible to create an epic atmosphere for the Cowboys to walk into. We are 1-2 in this somewhat new tradition, losing to Eagles in 2004, beating the Cowboys in 2005, and then losing to the Cowboys in 2006. Maybe the trend will continue?

I think the point of these uniforms is not to look back on the history of the Giants (they wore red jerseys in the 50’s). The aura inside that stadium needs to be as rowdy as it possibly can be for a regular season game and the change in color will aid in that process. I don’t want to get all psychological on you guys when talking about a football game, but you can look around the league if you don’t believe me. Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Broncos, and the Saints to name a few all change their look for a big game or two in order alter the mindset of the players and crowd. If the fans get the message and cover themselves in red, you can bet your bottom dollar Giants Stadium will be a sight to see Sunday afternoon.

The color red is associated with many aggressive emotions; some examples are anger, intensity, excitement, and passion. If the Giants defense continues to play the way they have over the course of our 6 game winning streak, that red mean streak will scare the smile right off Tony Romo’s face. That’s right, not only does a change in look change the mindset of the crowd but the players themselves come out with a different swagger in the once a year uniform. The magnitude of this game will certainly get the adrenaline flowing obviously, but hopefully the sea of red they walk into outside of the tunnel will make them “Go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs”.

Giants Notes:

For those that don’t give a you know what about what uniforms we wear Sunday-

* I don’t want to give off the idea that Plaxico Burress’ ankle is healed, but he did more at practice this morning than he has done since the Green Bay game. He DID participate in teams drills, not just individual drills albeit on a limited basis.

* Derrick Ward continues to be sidelined with two lingering but not serious injuries to his ankle and groin. His status is unknown at the moment but I’m leaning towards him playing on Sunday.

* Rookie Steve Smith is still sidelined with a tweaked hamstring that has no defined timetable for return. What’s with the Giants and injuries to their 2nd round WRs?

* James Butler’s hamstring however seems to have healed and will retain his starting position, placing Micahel Johnson back on the bench. I wish Smith and Butler could trade hamstrings.

* I will add information as I get it

* WEAR RED ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus H. Christ we are the New York Giants, Big Blue for Christs sake. This nonsense of these fucking red jerseys is stupid. I realize that fickle fans like the different colored hat and shrts and shit(I saw some clown with a powder blue Jeter jersey on the other day), but why the fuck do I have to see my team, known as Big Blue decked out in all RED?

Its one thing to wear the road white with little blue, I get that, thats the 1950's uniform, but this shit just pisses me off. Maybe the Yankees can start wearing Yellow or the Dodgers red.

Jesus H. Christ we are the New York Giants, Big Blue for Christs sake. This nonsense of these fucking red jerseys is stupid. I realize that fickle fans like the different colored hat and shrts and shit(I saw some clown with a powder blue Jeter jersey on the other day), but why the fuck do I have to see my team, known as Big Blue decked out in all RED?

Its one thing to wear the road white with little blue, I get that, thats the 1950's uniform, but this shit just pisses me off. Maybe the Yankees can start wearing Yellow or the Dodgers red.

I kinda like the The Red Jersey...But I wish they would come up with an ALL black uniforms. Kinda like what Jacksonville wears for their night games. Those unis are sweet.