SportsWrath

GIANTS - COWBOYS: BREAKDOWN BY POSITION

boohyah

Okay, who's better at the different positions on the field. I know Big Blue is going to say Giants for all.

Answer is simple, Cowboys or Giants or even.

Quarterback:

Running Backs:

Wide receivers:

Tight End:

Offensive Line:

Defensive Line:

Linebackers:

Safeties:

Corners:

Special teams:

Coaching:

and that special category:

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame:

Okay, who's better at the different positions on the field. I know Big Blue is going to say Giants for all.

Quarterback: Dallas- Although, I believe Eli is for real, Im givin this one to Homo at this point. Have to. Weve both played inferior opponents, but Romos #'a are a little better, and Im sure thats because our run game is better.

Running Backs: Hands down, Giants. I dont care what people say about Barber, Jacobs is better. And when you factor in running back duo's, Im takin Ward over Jones anyday.

Wide receivers: Giants-All the cowgirls have thats wortha crap is T.O. Plax is having a probowl yr, and when you factor in Toomer(the girls have no one like Toomer) and the poss return of our young rec's, its us baby.

Tight End:Dallas- Like the QB situation, I believe that Shockey is more talented, but Whittens being used more.

Offensive Line:Giants- Close call, but because of the Giants question mark at LT, and overall performance, the fact that Eli has been sacked less and threw less INT's than Homo, its the Giants.

Defensive Line:GIANTS!! - No contest. We lead the league in sacks, and it wouldnt surprise me if the NFC probowl roster had an all Giant DL.

Linebackers:Even- I actually believe the Giants may have the edge here, but Ware and Ellis are two really good LB's. We got AP, and Kiwi is transitioning greatly and Kawika is turning it on, but its still close.

Safeties:GIANTS- Gibril and Butler(or Johnson) are forming a sloid safety tandem. Boys have a weak secondary.

Corners:GIANTS- Ross is ROY and Madison is much improved. Who plays CB for the girlz again??? LOL

Special teams: Dallas- Ours is bad this yr. What the fuck is Tynes doing there?

Coaching:Giants- Dont be fooled by Dallas' success this yr, it has very little to do with Phillips. Players are actually enjoying playing for TC this year.

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame:C'mon now, do we even need to answer this question. THERE IS AND WILL ONLY BE, ONE LT!!!!

Based on how things are shaping up for next week -

QB: D

RB: Push

WR: NY (would be a push if all were healthy)

TE: D (that one hurts)

Oline: Push

Dline: NY

LB: Push (not really sure on this one)

Safety: As much as I hate Williams for being a dirty cunt, I think both teams could improve here.

Corners: NY, but it would be D if all were healthy.

ST: We suck. D.

Coaching: With our records it has to be a push.

Safety: As much as I hate Williams for being a dirty cunt, I think both teams could improve here.

I have to say I agree most of this. I would give Dallas the Oline though based on how they have dominated most opponents in the second half of games.

Really Tree? Didnt Newman comeback? Yeah, were still better. :rolleyes:

QB: Dallas

RB: NY...because we have a 3 headed monster in BJ, Ward, and Droughns. Compared to one really good back in Barber and a so-so back in Jones.

WR: NY (if Smith plays this week) otherwise its a push

TE: Dallas...that was tough to say since we have Shockey, but Whitten has surpassed Shockey

O-LINE: NY...our Oline has been OUTSTANDING this year, only giving up 7 sacks!

DLINE: NY...Osi, Strahan, Tuck, Robbins, Coefield, nuff said.

LB: Dallas...it was tough, but Pierce has pissed me off all year, Kiwi has gotten 100x better though

CB: NY...Madison is playing like he is 26 again

S: PUSH

ST: Dallas

QB- Dallas, small edge. Both are good qbs.

RB-NY We've got 3 good RB's, the girls have 1.

WR-NY With Steve Smith coming back we're much better than the girls here.

TE- D Witten always kills us and is just playing better than Shockey so far.

Oline- NY less sacks and more rushing yards.

Dline- NY no brainer.

LB- Push

CB-NY thanks to Ross and Newman's foot.

S-Push maybe a slight edge to NY.

SP-D no brainer.

Coaching-NY, 6-2 after an 0-2 start. Let's see how Wade handles adversity before giving him an edge here.

Quarterback: Even

Running Backs: Giants: when ward is healthy we have a bigger edge

Wide receivers: Giants, I think the Burress is harder to cover for Dallas, than TO is for Giants, but only slightly.

Tight End: Boys: Sorry Shockey, last year yes, this year Witten is pro bowl bound.

Offensive Line: Even. Cowboys are bigger and stronger. Giants better in run game.

Defensive Line: Giants, dallas out numbered.

Linebackers: Even: no set of LB's overlook the other

Safeties: Even, I think Roy Williams is overated.

Corners: Giants, only because we're playing well right now and a little deeper, Dockery is good in deep coverage.

Special teams: Dallas: Our kicker blows, and our coverage isn't what t should be.

Coaching: Giants, hot DC versus Hot OC offset, but Phillips simply looks like a benchwarmer for Jason Garrett whereas Coughlin is coaching better than last year.

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame: Oh...........that would be Giants.

Quarterback: Dallas. Homo is head and shoulders above Eli at this point. Homo is a Pro-Bowl QB who makes plays with his arm or feet; Eli is an average-to-good QB.

Running Backs: CLEARLY the Giants. Jacobs is bigger, faster, and stronger than Barber, but might not be quite as mean. Droughns and Ward smoke the hell outta Jones.

Wide receivers: Push. I might give Dallas a slight edge... TO is a little better than Plax, but Toomer is a little better than Crayton.

Tight End: Dallas. Witten catches everything in sight... Shockey shows up for one big play and one colossally dumb one per game... sometimes two dumb ones if he's "playing with emotion" that game.

Offensive Line: Push. Dallas has more "names" with Flozell and Davis, but Snee, Diehl, Seubert, et. al. are rock solid.

Defensive Line: Giants. This is one of the best Giant lines ever assembled.

Linebackers: Push. Ware is good, but I've always felt Ellis was a little overrated. Same with the Giants... I feel like Kiwi is finally a real impact player but Pierce is a little overrated.

Safeties: Giants. Not because they're particularly good but the Dallas safties just flat-out suck.

Corners: Giants. Ross has set this defense on fire, and Madison, as stated above, is playing like he's 26.

Special teams: Dallas. Our long snapper still hasn't gotten it together, and how the fuck is Lawrence Tynes still on the goddamned roster? Ahmad Bradshaw looks promising as a returner, if he keeps the job, but can he hold on to the ball? Special teams is going to lose us at least two games this year. Nick Folk looks solid for Dallas, but I have no idea who the rest of those guys are... I just know our special teams are bad.

Coaching: Push. The Giants have rallied around Coughlin, but Dallas is having a good time with easygoing Wade Phillips... just goes to show that Parcells really had been living off of hype and reputation... and maybe just had a really good D coordinator when he was winning all those Super Bowls.

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame: THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS AND LAWRENCE FUCKING TAYLOR, BABY!!!!!

Quarterback: Dallas. Homo is head and shoulders above Eli at this point. Homo is a Pro-Bowl QB who makes plays with his arm or feet; Eli is an average-to-good QB.

Running Backs: CLEARLY the Giants. Jacobs is bigger, faster, and stronger than Barber, but might not be quite as mean. Droughns and Ward smoke the hell outta Jones.

Wide receivers: Push. I might give Dallas a slight edge... TO is a little better than Plax, but Toomer is a little better than Crayton.

Tight End: Dallas. Witten catches everything in sight... Shockey shows up for one big play and one colossally dumb one per game... sometimes two dumb ones if he's "playing with emotion" that game.

Offensive Line: Push. Dallas has more "names" with Flozell and Davis, but Snee, Diehl, Seubert, et. al. are rock solid.

Defensive Line: Giants. This is one of the best Giant lines ever assembled.

Linebackers: Push. Ware is good, but I've always felt Ellis was a little overrated. Same with the Giants... I feel like Kiwi is finally a real impact player but Pierce is a little overrated.

Safeties: Giants. Not because they're particularly good but the Dallas safties just flat-out suck.

Corners: Giants. Ross has set this defense on fire, and Madison, as stated above, is playing like he's 26.

Special teams: Dallas. Our long snapper still hasn't gotten it together, and how the fuck is Lawrence Tynes still on the goddamned roster? Ahmad Bradshaw looks promising as a returner, if he keeps the job, but can he hold on to the ball? Special teams is going to lose us at least two games this year. Nick Folk looks solid for Dallas, but I have no idea who the rest of those guys are... I just know our special teams are bad.

Coaching: Push. The Giants have rallied around Coughlin, but Dallas is having a good time with easygoing Wade Phillips... just goes to show that Parcells really had been living off of hype and reputation... and maybe just had a really good D coordinator when he was winning all those Super Bowls.

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame: THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS AND LAWRENCE FUCKING TAYLOR, BABY!!!!!

IMO, Antonio is awesome, and I think Ellis is better than you say, but I still give it a push. With the early learning that Kiwis doing I almost give the Gmen the edge.

IMO, Antonio is awesome, and I think Ellis is better than you say, but I still give it a push. With the early learning that Kiwis doing I almost give the Gmen the edge.

noo AP is over rated...

4 personel fouls this year...

and he hasnt been the big play machine he was 2 years ago

Quarterback: Push, both Romo and Eli make great plays and then stupid ones. Head scratchers.

Running Backs: I think the Giants three headed monster is better than Jones and Marion Barber, but it's close.

Wide receivers: Slight edge to the Giants, Dallas always seems to have trouble covering Burress. And as Booyah said, the Giants have handled Owens before.

Tight End: Dallas and it's not even close. Romo's "Raymond Berry" is Jason Whitten.

Offensive Line: Push, both are good, really good.

Defensive Line: Giants.

Linebackers: Push.

Safeties: Giants because the Cowboys safeties suck more.

Corners: Dallas if 100 percent healthy, push right now.

Special teams: Dallas

Coaching: Giants.

Former linebackers who wore # 56 and are in the hall of fame:

Quarterback: Dallas (Eli will always be inconsistent...I don't know what we'll get from him)

Running Backs: Giants (Not by much, Barber is overachieving.)

Wide receivers: even (Both Plax and T.O. should have big days)

Tight End: even (In terms of talent...but Witten will be open all day)

Offensive Line: Dallas (No pass rush against them in Week 1)

Defensive Line: Giants (Easy, we're just way more talented)

Linebackers: Dallas (Pierce has committed some stupid penalties and they will never cover a TE)

Safeties: Giants (I'm with Golfindude, they suck more)

Corners: Giants (Ehhh, a small edge. Madison is playing pretty well. Our pass rush may mask errors)

Special teams: Dallas (We suck on special teams, flatout awful...we still have Tynes)

Coaching: even (In game adjustments....)

Quarterback: Cowboys - Romo has been very good, aside from the Bills game.

Running Backs: Cowboys - Really close, but barber can and has taken over games, Jacobs has yet to show he can carry the team. Though i think he can

Wide receivers: Draw - TO may have a slight edge over Plax, while Amani can be the receiver we can lean on.

Tight End: Cowboys - As far as this year, Whitten has been unbelievable.

Offensive Line: Giants - Can't say enough about oyur line.

Defensive Line: Giants - Don't really need an explanation

Linebackers: Draw - Maybe a very slight edge to the Giants, Kiwi isn't quiet at Ware's level just yet, but Pierce is better than what the Boys have.

Safeties: Giants - Neither squad is a dynamo, but the Giants have played better at the position, even if it's due to the pass rush.

Corners: Giants - Newman hasn't played (I don't think he was in the Egals game), but Ross and Madison have been good lately. Again, this could be due to the pressure we get, but none the less they have been good.

Special teams: Cowboys - Just because they can't possibly be worse than ours.

Coaching: Draw - Phillips has done an outstanding job so far, it's a draw because Coughlin has shown the ability to adjust to the players. Maybe a slight edge to the Boys because they have beaten us and have a better record, but its close.

and that special category: Giants. We've won 6 straight, the D has been playing awesome, the players seem to be happy or at the gvery least content, the team just got a 5 day break and should come out more fired up than the Boys

Quarterback: Cowboys - Romo has been very good, aside from the Bills game.

Running Backs: Cowboys - Really close, but barber can and has taken over games, Jacobs has yet to show he can carry the team. Though i think he can

Wide receivers: Draw - TO may have a slight edge over Plax, while Amani can be the receiver we can lean on.

Tight End: Cowboys - As far as this year, Whitten has been unbelievable.

Offensive Line: Giants - Can't say enough about oyur line.

Defensive Line: Giants - Don't really need an explanation

Linebackers: Draw - Maybe a very slight edge to the Giants, Kiwi isn't quiet at Ware's level just yet, but Pierce is better than what the Boys have.

Safeties: Giants - Neither squad is a dynamo, but the Giants have played better at the position, even if it's due to the pass rush.

Corners: Giants - Newman hasn't played (I don't think he was in the Egals game), but Ross and Madison have been good lately. Again, this could be due to the pressure we get, but none the less they have been good.

Special teams: Cowboys - Just because they can't possibly be worse than ours.

Coaching: Draw - Phillips has done an outstanding job so far, it's a draw because Coughlin has shown the ability to adjust to the players. Maybe a slight edge to the Boys because they have beaten us and have a better record, but its close.

and that special category: Giants. We've won 6 straight, the D has been playing awesome, the players seem to be happy or at the gvery least content, the team just got a 5 day break and should come out more fired up than the Boys

:confused:

Yeah, I expected Jacobs to do more against Miami. What a loafer that guy was that day..... :rolleyes:

And I guess your too young to understand the special category. <_<

:confused:

Yeah, I expected Jacobs to do more against Miami. What a loafer that guy was that day..... :rolleyes:

And I guess your too young to understand the special category. <_<

But he didn't have any touchdowns, so he didn't do much. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid i don't understand the second part of your post. Probly cause I'm an out of market fan.

But he didn't have any touchdowns, so he didn't do much. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid i don't understand the second part of your post. Probly cause I'm an out of market fan.

You baffle me VG, I totally gave you props, and youre insisting on being a pathetic fan. Get it right, out of market is fine. Bandwagon is not. Having two or three teams is not.

And the second part was in reference to the special question. It was sarcasm, because the only answer is LT. He was before your "time." :rolleyes: I have no idea what you were answering.

[/b]

You baffle me VG, I totally gave you props, and youre insisting on being a pathetic fan. Get it right, out of market is fine. Bandwagon is not. Having two or three teams is not.

And the second part was in reference to the special question. It was sarcasm, because the only answer is LT. He was before your "time." :rolleyes: I have no idea what you were answering.

LT was not before my time, I caught the end of his career sure, but that doesn't mean I have no idea of who he is or what he did. Thats like saying fran Tarkenton is before your time.

[/b]

Blue, seriously you need to take it easy. VG is my rival from the redneck state party, and we differ on opinions on the Giants, but don't question his status as a Giants fan.

Jacobs has been a beast for us in the last month, but it's just been the last month as a fulltimer. It says a lot for Barber in Dallas that when crunchtime comes, Barber is in there. The guy averages over 7 yards a carry.

Blue, seriously you need to take it easy. VG is my rival from the redneck state party, and we differ on opinions on the Giants, but don't question his status as a Giants fan.

Jacobs has been a beast for us in the last month, but it's just been the last month as a fulltimer. It says a lot for Barber in Dallas that when crunchtime comes, Barber is in there. The guy averages over 7 yards a carry.

Aww cmon boo, VG is a big boy, he can handle it.

See, thats just it, I wasnt questioning his status as a Giant fan. I was givin him props on pickin the Giants as a team and stickin with them. And he INSISTED on being a bandwagonner. :huh: I just find that funny. I actually dont know how it got to this, I never said he was less of a fan, I was commenting on egg bein in NJ and liking all these teams from all over and they all just happen to be teams that beat NY as of late.

And as for Jacobs, he said clearly, that Barber takes over games and Jacobs does not. Thats not true because BJ is the reason we won in Miami.

See, thats just it, I wasnt questioning his status as a Giant fan. I was givin him props on pickin the Giants as a team and stickin with them. And he INSISTED on being a bandwagonner. :huh: I just find that funny. I actually dont know how it got to this, I never said he was less of a fan, I was commenting on egg bein in NJ and liking all these teams from all over and they all just happen to be teams that beat NY as of late.

And as for Jacobs, he said clearly, that Barber takes over games and Jacobs does not. Thats not true because BJ is the reason we won in Miami.

I heard you the first time dammit! :furious: