SportsWrath

How Many Sacks

NightFire

I am thinking another Eagles game. There are 2 rookies on the Falcons OLine and with Carr it's pounding time.

Falcons' Weiner has knee surgery, to miss at least two weeks

And for the click impaired.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons right tackle Todd Weiner had knee surgery Wednesday morning and will miss at least two weeks, leaving the team with two rookie starters for Monday night's game against the New York Giants.

The Falcons confirmed Tuesday that left tackle Wayne Gandy would miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said Wednesday rookie Renardo Foster and second-year player Tyson Clabo would be the team's starting tackles against the Giants. The team already is starting rookie Justin Blalock at left guard.

Petrino said Weiner had arthroscopic knee surgery and team doctors said Weiner would miss two to six weeks.

"We're hoping he's back in the earlier time slot," Petrino said. "We'll see."

Even with Weiner and Gandy, the Falcons gave up 13 sacks in their first two games. Quarterbacks Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich each was sacked one time in the Falcons' 20-13 loss to Tennessee last week.

Foster signed with Atlanta on May 1 as an undrafted rookie from Louisville, where he played for Petrino. He will be making his first start.

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

I wish it were Carr (Harrington), we would duplicate the Eagles game then. I'm thinking 3 or 4 sacks.

:doh:

My bad, Carr is on Carolina. Anyway the Giants should get 5 sacks but then again trap games are the Giants speciality.

:doh:

My bad, Carr is on Carolina. Anyway the Giants should get 5 sacks but then again trap games are the Giants speciality.

I was really thinking the Jets game would be our letdown game. the comeback vs Washington the the man handling of the Eagles, 2 division rivalsto get back to .500. I really think we should be prepared for this weeks game.

I do not like the tone of this thread. This is a classic trap game and the Giants better be ready because the Falcons are not the Bills.

Yeah, they actually have a decent defense, its apparent by thier low scoring games thus far. And Harrington and Leftwich have experience, theyre not wet behind the ears like Edwards. Unfrotunatley, its so true that the Giants fall victim to games they should win, like this one. <_<

But its gonna be different this time. ;)

I do not like the tone of this thread. This is a classic trap game and the Giants better be ready because the Falcons are not the Bills.

Yeah, they are worse. The only person who worries me is Norwood on returns. The Giants STs have been shyte this year.

Yeah, they are worse. The only person who worries me is Norwood on returns. The Giants STs have been shyte this year.

The giants have this uncanny ability to play down to the level of the competition. This won't be a walk in the park.