SportsWrath

Out of the Mix?

Sephiroth

What a dumb fucking move. Plax is one play from being out and who is going to replace him? Moss?

Dumb dumb dumb.

In fact I am downright angry about this. Mix had a great preseason and did well when Plax missed time. I don't know one other person in that receiving corp who can come close to giving Eli a receiver with a similar skill set.

:huh::huh::huh:

Why would they do that? He's impressed me more than Moss in his short time.

It would appear that GM Reese is a proponent of helping physically challenged individuals. He keeps Moss (whose name should be Loss, based on his contributions to the offense in both of his 2 seasons) who is 5 foot- 8 inches tall. He cuts a 6 foot -5 inch receiver. How stupid is that when you realize that most defensive backs are 6 foot or taller. I think that Reese either has shit for brains or is making sure that Coughlin has a bad season and will be fired. Then, Reese can choose his own Head Coach.

The Giants must know something we don't. Simple as that.

oh no, ALL these other guys are right...the Giants organization, from scouts to General Management, dont know what they are doing.

Mix is going to make some team happy.

That is what really pisses me off. Moss has shown nothing. Tyree is a decent ST player but he contributes nothing at WR. Mix was the only junior WR on the team who showed any promise and they just dump him.

Wow. I can't believe that they waved him. Eli looked very comfortable with him in the pre season. If receivers start going down like last year, he is going to be extremely missed. Who were we making room on the roster for?

That is what really pisses me off. Moss has shown nothing. Tyree is a decent ST player but he contributes nothing at WR. Mix was the only junior WR on the team who showed any promise and they just dump him.

I agree. But they're not getting rid of a 2nd rounder this soon, they have too much invested in Moss. Just hope Smith gets back sooner than later.

I agree. But they're not getting rid of a 2nd rounder this soon, they have too much invested in Moss. Just hope Smith gets back sooner than later.

I know I would be pissed if they dumped Moss because he does have great speed and I don't know why he isn't on the field more. We all bitch about him but how often do you see him on the field?

Smith on the other hand...the offense has dropped with his absence. Hopefully he gets back soon. With a respectable 3rd WR and Jacobs back this offense should pick up again.

Perhaps we don't know more than the management, but you could pull that excuse anytime a move is made and we question it. Many people feel Mix could have been helpful to keep around especially since he's similar build to Plaxico who is threatening each week to miss a game. But like Fish said, it took the Giants years to finally move Joseph off the roster, so they can't do the same with Moss so soon after they drafted him so high. Mix will play in this league, Giants castoff wideouts seem to have more success elsewhere (David Patten/Ed mcCaffrey, Joe Jurevicius).

I know I would be pissed if they dumped Moss because he does have great speed and I don't know why he isn't on the field more. We all bitch about him but how often do you see him on the field?

Smith on the other hand...the offense has dropped with his absence. Hopefully he gets back soon. With a respectable 3rd WR and Jacobs back this offense should pick up again.

Yeah, great speed that is offset by his hands made of stone and his brain that doesn't permit him to avoid coverage. BTW, the "offsets" that I posted are the reasons that he is not on the field more often. "Loss" is a daushund playing against pit bulls.

Keep in mind, people say that Mix has a plaxico type look but had one of the lowest vertical leaps displayed at the combine in his year and he needs to gain some weight IMO.

btw, there is a chance he clears waivers and we get him on our PS.

oh no, ALL these other guys are right...the Giants organization, from scouts to General Management, dont know what they are doing.

Not for nothing, but this is a pretty weak argument. Not sure if you've noticed or not, but the "Giants organization, from scouts to General Management" has made some pretty bad decisions in the past, too. :confused:

WTF?? Plax is gimping it up and they cut his WR replacement? Moss ain't doing shit either on ST or WR. This is going to be another McCaffrey and Jurevicius.

they never let Moss on the field! and if it is, it's for a stupid end around play that we've never been able to run for as long as I've watched the Giants(not to mention the coaches dont know when to use it).

Not for nothing, but this is a pretty weak argument. Not sure if you've noticed or not, but the "Giants organization, from scouts to General Management" has made some pretty bad decisions in the past, too. :confused:

Not for nothing but, Moss is never on the field, has wayyyy more upside and value(it's his second year as a second round pick)...hehas more of a chance of turning into another Mcaffery or Jurevicius simply because, like those two WRs, they have talent, but we didnt get them on the field. Moss is a fast mother fucker that we can use to stretch the field, we already have a 6 5 wide receiver to go up for it and he's infinitely better than Mix.

"The Gimp" as someone put it, has like 6 touchdown receptions. Out of like 19 catches.

Yeah, great speed that is offset by his hands made of stone and his brain that doesn't permit him to avoid coverage. BTW, the "offsets" that I posted are the reasons that he is not on the field more often. "Loss" is a daushund playing against pit bulls.

you judge on the like 4 times he's been thrown to.

according to the article, the reasons make sense.:

he's no help on special teams

he can only play one receiver position

they got an exp'd guy who may challenge mcQ for punt return duty. mcQ could use some challenging.