SportsWrath

5 predictions for the Giants this upcoming season...

Sephiroth

1. Brandon Jacobs will rush for over 1200 yards. Yeah, he's looked only average in the preseason, but once the real games start and this guy gets the fire in the belly, opposing defenses will be begging for mercy by the time the fourth quarter rolls around. Assuming Jacobs stays healthy, he's a lock for 1200.

2. Special teams will cost the Giants at least two games this year that they should have won. Lawrence Tynes is flat-out awful. We have two new long snappers... both of whom are rookies. We still don't know who the punt and kick returner is going to be, which can only be bad. Our specials are going to have major issues this year, and if there's one thing we learned from the Fassel years, it's that weak special teams kill.

3. Half the team will be on IR by week ten. It happened last year. And the year before. And the year before. Jerry Palmieri is not a good conditioning coach, has never been a good conditioning coach, and will likely never be a good conditioning coach. Expect another second-half freefall as hamstrings, quads, and sprains add casualties to our team each week.

4. Kawika Mitchell will have a new contract by mid-season. This guy looks like he may have been the free-agent steal of the offseason. More speed and smarts on the weakside should hopefully translate to more big plays and turnovers for the defense overall. Antonio Pierce has been raving about the guy's smarts and awareness, and let's face it... could it be any worse than the LaVar Arrington situation from last year?

5. The wheels will come off the Giants locker room before week 11. Strahan is going to grow sick of the never-ending stream of questions about his retirement, and isn't exactly the most stable individual on the team. Eli will likely hit a midseason slump, as he has in each of the last two years. Plax and Shockey are not exactly known for saying the right things at the right time. The Giants are heading in the right direction in this regard, but there's still too many "me-firsts and gimme gimmes." Somewhere, Tiki Barber will be laughing... probably with a microphone in front of him.

1. Jeremy Shockey will have his worse season as a Giant. I'm sorry, but Tom Coughlin and company do not know how to use a TE.

2. Eli Manning will complete 60% of his passes. Eli's accuracy looked good against some top notch defenses.

3. The Giants pass defense will probably be the worse in the league. I didn't see anything that indecated this secondary was better than last year. I hope I'm wrong. How the hell is Dhal still on the team? :confused:

4. Brandon Jacobs will have a 1300 plus, 10 TD season. The offensive line looked like it will destroy defense in the running game.

5. Injuries! Nuff said!

1. The Giants will play at least 16 games.

2. The Giant's offense will score more points than the Giant's defense.

3. Eli Manning will be the starting quarterback in week one.

4. The Giants will win some games and lose some games.

5. The Giants will play the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins two times apeice (atleast).

:mellow:

1: There will be no outbursts this season, the team will seriously buy into the "team" concept, if only for one year to try it out.

2: Eli will become the teams leader now that Tiki bear is gone and will flourish.

3: Justin Tuck will see more playing time than Michael Strahan

4: The last half of the season, Kiwi has a breakout at LB and become a dominant OLB.

5: NJ Smalls will have a stressed induced heart attack.

1: There will be no outbursts this season, the team will seriously buy into the "team" concept, if only for one year to try it out.

2: Eli will become the teams leader now that Tiki bear is gone and will flourish.

4: The last half of the season, Kiwi has a breakout at LB and become a dominant OLB.

I've been doing a lot of running recently...so I hope my heart can deak with the stress. :P

Tiki Bear?? :puke: Harooni flashback.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Brandon Jacobs will rush for over 1200 yards. Yeah, he's looked only average in the preseason, but once the real games start and this guy gets the fire in the belly, opposing defenses will be begging for mercy by the time the fourth quarter rolls around. Assuming Jacobs stays healthy, he's a lock for 1200.

2. Special teams will cost the Giants at least two games this year that they should have won. Lawrence Tynes is flat-out awful. We have two new long snappers... both of whom are rookies. We still don't know who the punt and kick returner is going to be, which can only be bad. Our specials are going to have major issues this year, and if there's one thing we learned from the Fassel years, it's that weak special teams kill.it didn't cost us the game, but... missed extra point, anyone?

3. Half the team will be on IR by week ten. It happened last year. And the year before. And the year before. Jerry Palmieri is not a good conditioning coach, has never been a good conditioning coach, and will likely never be a good conditioning coach. Expect another second-half freefall as hamstrings, quads, and sprains add casualties to our team each week.after this game, I'm pretty sure half of the starters are hurt already... though maybe not on IR

Fuck, I hate it when I'm right.

3. Half the team will be on IR by week ten one. It happened last year. And the year before. And the year before. Jerry Palmieri is not a good conditioning coach, has never been a good conditioning coach, and will likely never be a good conditioning coach. Expect another second-half freefall as hamstrings, quads, and sprains add casualties to our team each week.

Fixed.

• 1 month later...
1: There will be no outbursts this season, the team will seriously buy into the "team" concept, if only for one year to try it out. nothing yet :flex:

2: Eli will become the teams leader now that Tiki bear is gone and will flourish. :flex:

3: Justin Tuck will see more playing time than Michael Strahan I dunno if he's getting more time, but he's outplaying Stra. :flex:

4: The last half of the season, Kiwi has a breakout at LB and become a dominant OLB. See Storm, I love Kiwi :)

5: NJ Smalls will have a stressed induced heart attack. I'm so sorry NJ. :(

1. The Giants will play at least 16 games.

2. The Giant's offense will score more points than the Giant's defense.

3. Eli Manning will be the starting quarterback in week one.

4. The Giants will win some games and lose some games.

5. The Giants will play the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins two times apeice (atleast).

:mellow:

:worshippy:

• 1 month later...

Review time!

1. Brandon Jacobs will rush for over 1200 yards. Yeah, he's looked only average in the preseason, but once the real games start and this guy gets the fire in the belly, opposing defenses will be begging for mercy by the time the fourth quarter rolls around. Assuming Jacobs stays healthy, he's a lock for 1200. Operative words being "assuming he stays healthy." Jacobs will probably end up with 1100... I'm giving myself a pass on this one.

2. Special teams will cost the Giants at least two games this year that they should have won. Lawrence Tynes is flat-out awful. We have two new long snappers... both of whom are rookies. We still don't know who the punt and kick returner is going to be, which can only be bad. Our specials are going to have major issues this year, and if there's one thing we learned from the Fassel years, it's that weak special teams kill. Hasn't cost us a game... but Tynes is bad. Kickoffs outta bounds, missed extra points... and what has McQ done for us this year? But I was wrong on this one.

3. Half the team will be on IR by week ten. It happened last year. And the year before. And the year before. Jerry Palmieri is not a good conditioning coach, has never been a good conditioning coach, and will likely never be a good conditioning coach. Expect another second-half freefall as hamstrings, quads, and sprains add casualties to our team each week. We forget, but I was actually right. Fortunately for us, most of the guys that ended up on IR were no-names (except for Jim Finn... but Hedgecock is at least as good, and IMO much better). I'm giving myself a pass for this one.

4. Kawika Mitchell will have a new contract by mid-season. This guy looks like he may have been the free-agent steal of the offseason. More speed and smarts on the weakside should hopefully translate to more big plays and turnovers for the defense overall. Antonio Pierce has been raving about the guy's smarts and awareness, and let's face it... could it be any worse than the LaVar Arrington situation from last year? Well, no new contract... and I'd say he's been average. But he has shown up for some pretty big plays as well... but without a new contract, I'd say I missed this one.

5. The wheels will come off the Giants locker room before week 11. Strahan is going to grow sick of the never-ending stream of questions about his retirement, and isn't exactly the most stable individual on the team. Eli will likely hit a midseason slump, as he has in each of the last two years. Plax and Shockey are not exactly known for saying the right things at the right time. The Giants are heading in the right direction in this regard, but there's still too many "me-firsts and gimme gimmes." Somewhere, Tiki Barber will be laughing... probably with a microphone in front of him. Wow... could I have been any more wrong? The team bought into Coughlin's "team first" philosophy, Shockey and Plax shut up for once and there's been NO questions from the media regarding Strahan's retirement. It looked like the wheels were coming off after week 2... here we are in week 15 at 10-5 and with a playoff berth. Serve up the crow... I like mine with extra gravy.

So overall, I'd say I'm 2-for-5 as a preseaon prognosticator... but at least I wasn't one of those guys who predicted Miami would be the "surprise team" of the AFC. :TU:

Review time!

So overall, I'd say I'm 2-for-5 as a preseaon prognosticator... but at least I wasn't one of those guys who predicted Miami would be the "surprise team" of the AFC. :TU:

Don't pat yourself on the back. You're prognosticating skills are terrible.

You remember 8-8, 7-9, or at best 9-7?

You're 0-8.

You weren't right about one single prediction.

LOL.... ok "Eli is going to be a great quarterback, and anyone that knows something about football realizes it."

I'm lucky I have a guy like you nesta, to keep me in line. :TU:

And see nes... you have to understand the karma behind everything. There's times where you HAVE to make negative predictions so your team will win. Case in point: last year at the midway point, I had us finishing 12-4... and you see how that ended up. So THIS year, I had to reverse it and predict 8-8 for us... and you see how THAT ended up.

Last year, we were 6-2 at the bye and went 2-6 with me wearing the white Umenyiora jersey every game... so this year I wised up and took the Umenyiora jersey off after the bye... we'll likely end up 4-4, which is OK by me, but we would have likely ended up 2-6 again had I continued to wear the Umenyiora jersey.

After his sophmore year, I thought Eli would put it all together and be a Pro Bowler... we see how that worked out. So now I slag Eli and... well... that one hasn't quite worked out yet. Hmm... maybe I need to hop back on his bandwagon? Still working on that one.

So you see, this is what we have to do: most of my predictions were wrong. Yours, while mindless, were nevertheless correct. So I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Giants get blown out by the Pats this weekend, and lose in horrific fashion to the Bucs en route to a first-round playoff loss.

There. Now YOU make a prediction that says we win and I think we'll be OK. :D

I'd resign Kavika Mitchell if I were in the Giants front office.

He is the only man on the defense who doesn't go for the big hit

and he actually wraps up when he tackles.

I think our Defense, with the exception of Madison, have been pretty good tacklers. Madison look like a little kid pretending like he wants to tackle...

LOL.... ok "Eli is going to be a great quarterback, and anyone that knows something about football realizes it."

I'm lucky I have a guy like you nesta, to keep me in line. :TU:

And see nes... you have to understand the karma behind everything. There's times where you HAVE to make negative predictions so your team will win. Case in point: last year at the midway point, I had us finishing 12-4... and you see how that ended up. So THIS year, I had to reverse it and predict 8-8 for us... and you see how THAT ended up.

Last year, we were 6-2 at the bye and went 2-6 with me wearing the white Umenyiora jersey every game... so this year I wised up and took the Umenyiora jersey off after the bye... we'll likely end up 4-4, which is OK by me, but we would have likely ended up 2-6 again had I continued to wear the Umenyiora jersey.

After his sophmore year, I thought Eli would put it all together and be a Pro Bowler... we see how that worked out. So now I slag Eli and... well... that one hasn't quite worked out yet. Hmm... maybe I need to hop back on his bandwagon? Still working on that one

So you see, this is what we have to do: most of my predictions were wrong. Yours, while mindless, were nevertheless correct. So I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Giants get blown out by the Pats this weekend, and lose in horrific fashion to the Bucs en route to a first-round playoff loss.

There. Now YOU make a prediction that says we win and I think we'll be OK. :D

How exactly does Eli fit into a conversation about your preseason predictions?

you were wrong on every single count. Read it for christs sake.

And you started your 8-8 rant midway thru the season.

one thing is certain, you can't predict shit ;)

How exactly does Eli fit into a conversation about your preseason predictions?

you were wrong on every single count. Read it for christs sake.

And you started your 8-8 rant midway thru the season.

one thing is certain, you can't predict shit

The Eli quote was yours, genius.

You are so not any fun.

By the way a "fair weather fan" is someone who roots for another team when theirs is doing poorly. I always root for the Giants, I just complain when they play like shit. :TU:

The Eli quote was yours, genius.

You are so not any fun.

By the way a "fair weather fan" is someone who roots for another team when theirs is doing poorly. I always root for the Giants, I just complain when they play like shit. :TU:

No shit. I know the quote is mine.

the question was what does it have to do with your

preseason predictions?

I stopped being fun the 15th time I heard "8-8 mark it down"

My definition of a fairweather fan is one who supports his team only when they're playing well.

this year you fit the bill.