SportsWrath

We're 8-8, let's raise ticket prices again.

boohyah

What are you talking about?

why is it a shitty move? it's a very good move, what are the season ticket holders going to do, not pay? what don't you understand?

it's like 4 freaking dollars. i shit that out.

Most teams don't raise prices unless they have a winning season. Giants have raised prices the last 4 years in a row. Only one of those was over 500. Most of the season ticket holders have been there for decades. That's who I'm talking about. It is a slap in the face.

Most teams don't raise prices unless they have a winning season. Giants have raised prices the last 4 years in a row. Only one of those was over 500. Most of the season ticket holders have been there for decades. That's who I'm talking about. It is a slap in the face.

yawn...what a small gripe. no one cares but the 70+ old fogies (not saying you, Booyah) who don't bring any cheering to the game, anyway...

maybe, it will get the tickets out of their decrepit hands and into mine.

well that have to find a way to pay for Eli Manning's contract. I can understand the reasoning. They can now easily pay for the 6 million in cap space room that he took up.

Well there's another question. Why raise the ticket prices? You're clearly not suing it on the team. How much cap room do we have right now? Quite a bit.

yawn...what a small gripe. no one cares but the 70+ old fogies (not saying you, Booyah) who don't bring any cheering to the game, anyway...

maybe, it will get the tickets out of their decrepit hands and into mine.

Not too many 70 year olds going to these games nowadays. The tix are passed down through the family.

The point I'm trying to make is the principal of the thing. It's like if they raised the price of the subway trip, well that would be a slap in the face to your average New yorker seeing as the subways right now are total shit.

Well there's another question. Why raise the ticket prices? You're clearly not suing it on the team. How much cap room do we have right now? Quite a bit.

not much, reports are saying we only have 5million left in space after Eli received his structural pay last week.

First off, those 70 year olds who have been going to the games for years deserve some respect. They went 18 years from 1963 to 1981 having to trek to such awful places as the Yale Bowl and Shea STadium, while not seeing 1 FUCKING PLAYOFF SEASON!!! Imagine that? 18 years with no playoffs? Listen to the little whiners here after a bad quarter and it makes you appreciate the loyalty many of them showed and continue to show. Its amazing to me to be honest because the longest a 20 year old fan(born 87) has gone with no playoffs has been 3 seasons, 94, 95, 96 and a 30 year old fan(born 77) the longest they went was 4 seasons as well, 77, 78, 79, 80 and I highly doubt they remember that. Ditto for the 20 year old with the awful drought they endured of 87 and 88 as infants.

Asd far as the ticket prices go, I could care less. Life is expensive now, gas is 3 bucks a gallon. Giants are now in the top 10 in ticket costs in the NFL. They probably should be, they play in an area of the country where t is expensive to operate anything. Does it suck? Yeah it does, but for those that cannot find a way to make it work, someone else will.

Fuck if I care. I watch the Gmen for free on the big screen. 3 dollar pack of dogs, 2 dollar 12 pack of soda, hell...beer is 9 a 12'er.

Let them raise em. :P

I heard NFL ticket is going to 300 dollars now. :brooding:

why is it a shitty move? it's a very good move, what are the season ticket holders going to do, not pay? what don't you understand?

it's like 4 freaking dollars. i shit that out.

You obviously dont go to games and pay 20$ for parking and have to pay7.25$ for beers inside. Plus gas and tolls, you can wind up spending 200$ just getting into the stadium. Im glad you can shit that out because I cant. I work hard for my money. It is a big deal.

First off, those 70 year olds who have been going to the games for years deserve some respect. They went 18 years from 1963 to 1981 having to trek to such awful places as the Yale Bowl and Shea STadium, while not seeing 1 FUCKING PLAYOFF SEASON!!! Imagine that? 18 years with no playoffs? Listen to the little whiners here after a bad quarter and it makes you appreciate the loyalty many of them showed and continue to show. Its amazing to me to be honest because the longest a 20 year old fan(born 87) has gone with no playoffs has been 3 seasons, 94, 95, 96 and a 30 year old fan(born 77) the longest they went was 4 seasons as well, 77, 78, 79, 80 and I highly doubt they remember that. Ditto for the 20 year old with the awful drought they endured of 87 and 88 as infants.

Asd far as the ticket prices go, I could care less. Life is expensive now, gas is 3 bucks a gallon. Giants are now in the top 10 in ticket costs in the NFL. They probably should be, they play in an area of the country where t is expensive to operate anything. Does it suck? Yeah it does, but for those that cannot find a way to make it work, someone else will.

Thats a shittystatment. Old arts dont see playoffs, deal with it. If you need a assisted help getting in andout of your seat, and see no reason to get up and make some noise for a big play, or a 2nd and short and 3rd and short, stay home. We dont want ya. If you wanna come and have fun, and not tell me to sit down and shut up because Im trying to have a good time,than by all means come on in. Unless your gonna have to put up with my good time.

You obviously dont go to games and pay 20$ for parking and have to pay7.25$ for beers inside. Plus gas and tolls, you can wind up spending 200$ just getting into the stadium. Im glad you can shit that out because I cant. I work hard for my money. It is a big deal.

Thats a shittystatment. Old arts dont see playoffs, deal with it. If you need a assisted help getting in andout of your seat, and see no reason to get up and make some noise for a big play, or a 2nd and short and 3rd and short, stay home. We dont want ya. If you wanna come and have fun, and not tell me to sit down and shut up because Im trying to have a good time,than by all means come on in. Unless your gonna have to put up with my good time.

yah... i actually do...and in case you didnt know, the Giants play in one of the biggest markets in the country...like Dub said, shit's expensive these days, big deal.

They could probably double the cost of season tickets and they would still sell out the stadium every sunday. Winning record or not, GIANTS fans will put meat in the seats. I think it is fucking obserd how much it costs to go to a game, but Supply and Demand dictate the ticket prices.

Not exactly the most compassionate thing I've seen today. Not particularly respectful of an age group that dealt with sacrifices you and I couldn't imagine (between growing up during the depression, or a world war, or simply raising a family to adulthood). But since they are interfering with your fun, I suppose they should be shoved aside.

Besides, you paid for your ticket: they didn't, right?

And no, I don't fall in that age group. Nor would I care if you stood up, if I went to a game. Unless my kid couldn't see over you, even while standing up. But I suppose they shouldn't be allowed in either. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to keep my old fart of a father away from Giants games in the future. He's 69. He doesn't like to stand up every few minutes because he's got 2 artificial hips and artritis in his knees.

He does like going to games, but we'll have to put a stop to that, because the youngsters can't enjoy themselves.

By the way, I'm 37, and if you're sitting in front of me at a game and you feel the need to stand up every fucking 10 seconds because that's what all the "boys" do, then that's probably me yelling at you to sit down. I stand when the play is important, other than that I can applaud and holler while sitting.

yah... i actually do...and in case you didnt know, the Giants play in one of the biggest markets in the country...like Dub said, shit's expensive these days, big deal.

Not exactly the most compassionate thing I've seen today. Not particularly respectful of an age group that dealt with sacrifices you and I couldn't imagine (between growing up during the depression, or a world war, or simply raising a family to adulthood). But since they are interfering with your fun, I suppose they should be shoved aside.

Besides, you paid for your ticket: they didn't, right?

And no, I don't fall in that age group. Nor would I care if you stood up, if I went to a game. Unless my kid couldn't see over you, even while standing up. But I suppose they shouldn't be allowed in either. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to keep my old fart of a father away from Giants games in the future. He's 69. He doesn't like to stand up every few minutes because he's got 2 artificial hips and artritis in his knees.

He does like going to games, but we'll have to put a stop to that, because the youngsters can't enjoy themselves.

By the way, I'm 37, and if you're sitting in front of me at a game and you feel the need to stand up every fucking 10 seconds because that's what all the "boys" do, then that's probably me yelling at you to sit down. I stand when the play is important, other than that I can applaud and holler while sitting.

Those are good points, and I totally respect them. And no I wont stand up every ten seconds. But Shit if we had a good play every ten seconds we wouldnt be having this conversation. But when there is a good play I'm gonna stand up and make some noise. Thats all. I dont wanna hear,"Sit down," or Shut up we're trying to enjoy the game." Well if you are get and make some noise. Have fun with it. I dont think its that big of a deal to stand up and get excited about a big play. Look, I dont wanna disrespect anyone, but I wanna do my thing.

Wow Storm, while you were away from the boards you turned into a real dick.

...because I don't see it as a problem or unfair that a multi-million dollar football organization raises their ticket prices a few dollars after their team has gone back to back years to the playoffs? sorry.

...because I don't see it as a problem or unfair that a multi-million dollar football organization raises their ticket prices a few dollars after their team has gone back to back years to the playoffs? sorry.

You've been very abrasive and argumentitive lately, not just in this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.

You've been very abrasive and argumentitive lately, not just in this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.

well, when every thread is, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING, I COULD MANAGE MY MADDEN TEAM WAAAY BETTER THAN BRAIND DEAD REESE!," I can't help but be scathing and irritated. Sorry I hurt your feelings, baby.