SportsWrath

We're 8-8, let's raise ticket prices again.

boohyah

well, when every thread is, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING, I COULD MANAGE MY MADDEN TEAM WAAAY BETTER THAN BRAIND DEAD REESE!," I can't help but be scathing and irritated. Sorry I hurt your feelings, baby.

You haven't hurt my feelings, sweetheart, but if you're gonna be a dick all the time I feel obliged to point it out.

Storm I think you are justified in your abrasiveness in this thread. Nobody is forcing anybody to pay the money and go to the game. Fans CHOOSE to do this out of their own free will. ME, I'd rather watch the game at home on tv or at a sports bar. I like the replays, the commentary, being able to eat or take a piss whenever I feel like it without fear of catching Hepatitis or having to wait in line.

If you don't like the price of the tickets, stop going. It's your choice. If you choose to pay the prices then you have no right to bitch.

Storm I think you are justified in your abrasiveness in this thread. Nobody is forcing anybody to pay the money and go to the game. Fans CHOOSE to do this out of their own free will. ME, I'd rather watch the game at home on tv or at a sports bar. I like the replays, the commentary, being able to eat or take a piss whenever I feel like it without fear of catching Hepatitis or having to wait in line.

If you don't like the price of the tickets, stop going. It's your choice. If you choose to pay the prices then you have no right to bitch.

exactly. and personally, since I dont get to go see the Giants every home game(I only get to go when a guy I know who has season tickets can't go and that's been like 5 times over the last 10 years), I would kill to pay 4 dollars more and get season tickets...while the people who HAVE them bitch about how expensive they are.

exactly. and personally, since I dont get to go see the Giants every home game(I only get to go when a guy I know who has season tickets can't go and that's been like 5 times over the last 10 years), I would kill to pay 4 dollars more and get season tickets...while the people who HAVE them bitch about how expensive they are.

I don't have season tickets. Actually when I go it's because I get them for free or off craigslist or something for below face.

The only point I was trying to make was that I think it's bogus to raise prices when the product has been poor. Most people don't like price hikes when service has been shitty all along. The comment about the Giants being in the top market so they should we should pay top dollar doesn't wash either. I know the Mets didn't raise ticket prices for years due to the team playing poorly, nor did the Rangers or Knicks. The Isles actually reduced many of their prices because the team sucked. That's the point I was trying to make and I think it's pretty valid.

I don't have season tickets. Actually when I go it's because I get them for free or off craigslist or something for below face.

The only point I was trying to make was that I think it's bogus to raise prices when the product has been poor. Most people don't like price hikes when service has been shitty all along. The comment about the Giants being in the top market so they should we should pay top dollar doesn't wash either. I know the Mets didn't raise ticket prices for years due to the team playing poorly, nor did the Rangers or Knicks. The Isles actually reduced many of their prices because the team sucked. That's the point I was trying to make and I think it's pretty valid.

we've been to the playoffs 2 years in a ROW, obviously we have a competitive team! Last season just fell apart, we obviously had the talent and team to go far, things just didnt work out. How can you say the service has been shitty?

C'mon Storm. We made the playoffs last year because the rest of the NFC sucked worse than we did. Let's not equate 8-8 with 11-5.

still, we at least made the playoffs and we all got to see extra football from our team....

still, we at least made the playoffs and we all got to see extra football from our team....

Right, we had to go to Philly to do it though. And if there was ever a season where it was so disatisfying to make the playoffs, this was the one. It was by no means a successful season.

Right, we had to go to Philly to do it though. And if there was ever a season where it was so disatisfying to make the playoffs, this was the one. It was by no means a successful season.

I agree, but still, we made it, and even the Maras judged a season based on whether or not we got to the playoffs...and we actually should have beat Philly and continued into the playoffs...we definitely outplayed them for an 8 and 8 team.

How about get all shitty players to keep the cost down. We could be like the Lions and suck ass and pocket the money and keep ticket prices down.

having shitty players has nothing to do with it. The Giants have had shitty players before that ate up all the salary cap.

Anyway, raising prices for tickets has become a side revenue. The NFL relies for the most part on TV money.

I prefer the home experience myself...or with a group of buddies with some brews....and last year was pretty good with you guys on the game day threads as we moaned our way through Coach Cheerleader's Napoleonic march from Moscow as Giants dropped all around him. Unfortunately I do not come from a long line of Giant's fans (the only knock against my Dad was that he hated the Giants and would only cheer for them when they were pounding the Skins, BrokeBacks and the San Fran Whiners); but at 43 my siblings and I became staunch Giants fans in the late 60's and early 70's.

I became a fan of the Giants because I liked their blue uniforms (I was four at the time and color preference matters a lot); though I had been a Jets fan for a couple of weeks because green was my second favorite color. But as I grew up I began to read and hear about the history of this storied franchise and became (along with my siblings) staunch Giants fans during an era where every kid my age cheered for the BrokeBacks, Packers or Steelers. Funny how those fan choices jibed with the Super Bowl winner's of that era. To this day 4 or my 5 siblings are staunch Giants fans (my oldest sister is 55 in May); with only one defection to the Whiner's.

The playoff drought of the 70's was a hard thing to live through. All the other kids were cheering for the the team of the week, month and/or year; and if you pledged your allegiance to Big Blue you were ridiculed. But after a couple of years I gave less and less of a shit. And then came LAWRENCE TAYLOR....AND THE HEAVENS OPENED UP AND GOD SMILED DOWN UPON THE MASSES OF GIANTSDOM! To see LT (and others) continuously pound the likes of the BrokeBacks, Whiners, Skins, Egirls, etc., brought tears of joy to the eye.

Again as to the drought of the 60's and 70's, just think of the Handley era and multiply it by 2 and then most people who were too young and/or not yet born could get an inkling on how it was like back then.