SportsWrath

Reese

*SDMF*

agree. i could care less what color he is. im really sick of that aspect being emphasized

well when the majority of the players are black, and only about 2% of the office people are black it makes you kind of wonder. Doesn't it?

well when the majority of the players are black, and only about 2% of the office people are black it makes you kind of wonder. Doesn't it?

not really, they make up 18% of the general population and the majority of the league. no one wonders about THAT descrepancy right? but when it's the other way around no one says "well, best man got the job"

It is a significant step. Him being a black GM for the Giants is a big deal around the NFL as te Giants are usually one of the last teams to come around. If Reese succeeds and from his background he very well could, it would definitely boost hiring of minorities. Think about it, what if the Giants had taken a more serious look at Lovie Smith instead of giving him a token interview, we may not be in the mess we are now.

Like it or not there's still a stigma about hiring minorities, and this helps and that's not a bad thing.

not really, they make up 18% of the general population and the majority of the league. no one wonders about THAT descrepancy right? but when it's the other way around no one says "well, best man got the job"

Same O Shit! Different era. Blacks make up MOST of the league (Slaves), Whites make up damn near ALL of the leadership positions (Masters).

**You can score my touchdowns, get my sacks, and draw me them large crowds...**

**But master, I am retired now? I'd like to be a GM or Vice president of a NFL team**

**Hell naw son, not with that black skin...**

<_<:rolleyes:

big deal. He's the man for the job. All this talk, " a black GM, Blah-blah-blah." He's the man for the job. Not because he's African-american, but because he's the best man for the job. PERIOD.

as long as he can do something with this team i don't give a F@#K...

giantsstadiuminside1.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

as long as he can do something with this team i don't give a F@#K...

I dont care thathe's African American, hey im all for it. I just dont understand the big deal. He'sthe man for the job. And thats that.

Same O Shit! Different era. Blacks make up MOST of the league (Slaves), Whites make up damn near ALL of the leadership positions (Masters).

**But master, I am retired now? I'd like to be a GM or Vice president of a NFL team**

yeah, the only difference is that the money is WAY better for players than it is for executives and slaves. i went to one of the most diverse colleges in the world and i could count the number of black kids in my business classes on one hand. executive jobs are earned, not handed out--just like pro football roster spots

yeah, the only difference is that the money is WAY better for players than it is for executives and slaves. i went to one of the most diverse colleges in the world and i could count the number of black kids in my business classes on one hand. executive jobs are earned, not handed out--just like pro football roster spots

I know...I know...but sometimes we gotta ask why is that Black folks can't be in position to lead, own or direct operations such as the NFL teams? And everytime a Black man does get a VP job or a GM job he is thought to get it on some 'handout'or affirmative action type shit??

:confused:

I know...I know...but sometimes we gotta ask why is that Black folks can't be in position to lead, own or direct operations such as the NFL teams? And everytime a Black man does get a VP job or a GM job he is thought to get it on some 'handout'or affirmative action type shit??

:confused:

which is why affirmative action should never have been put into practice. it hurts everybody. dont getme wrong, i think reese earned the job. but i think bringing his skin color into the equation diminishes his merits. why does it matter that he's black? the fact that people harp on it, even if they think they are doing it positively, just shows that people are still paying attention to stupid stuff like race. all those NFL players are the best man for the job, just like he's the best man for the job.

which is why affirmative action should never have been put into practice. it hurts everybody. dont getme wrong, i think reese earned the job. but i think bringing his skin color into the equation diminishes his merits. why does it matter that he's black? the fact that people harp on it, even if they think they are doing it positively, just shows that people are still paying attention to stupid stuff like race. all those NFL players are the best man for the job, just like he's the best man for the job.

My point exactly.

ugh yet I know a lot of kids from my high school who go to good colleges now thanks to affirmative action. Without affirmative action they wouldn't have been able to go to good colleges or even go to college.

Minorities are usually poor and reside in urban areas. I think affirmative action is a good thing to hopefully jump start a process to possibly help these people get out of the ghetto. Then maybe one day when they get out of the ghetto they can find ideas to help slove the ghettos of our country.

I really dont see whats wrong with affirmative action. Besides, if you ever look in the nice rich areas of this country, it's all white people.

As a whole, white people in this country have it 10 times better than minorities.

:LMAO: Yeah I wish I was making as much as these poor slaves who get to play a GAME for a living.

So do their respective employers.

But to add to it, I'd like to make Players (slaves) money, then make OWNERSHIP (Massa) money afterwards. :rolleyes:

;):P

Ofcourse you would, cause you would've spent all your player money on booze, bitches, and bling. :P

You want to make the money that .01% of the white population makes and I do too.

Ofcourse you would, cause you would've spent all your player money on booze, bitches, and bling. :P

You want to make the money that .01% of the white population makes and I do too.

Naw, I am way too cheap. Plus I got a wife to spend all my moneys up anyway. :rolleyes::P

(P.S. If I could make 15-20 thousand more a year than I do now....wow!)

Naw, I am way too cheap. Plus I got a wife to spend all my moneys up anyway. :rolleyes::P

(P.S. If I could make 15-20 thousand more a year than I do now....wow!)

Yeah like a wife stops any of these guys from spending money on ho's.

Ask anyone if they want to make 15-20 grand more, let me know if anyone you ever meet in life says no.

ugh yet I know a lot of kids from my high school who go to good colleges now thanks to affirmative action. Without affirmative action they wouldn't have been able to go to good colleges or even go to college.

Minorities are usually poor and reside in urban areas. I think affirmative action is a good thing to hopefully jump start a process to possibly help these people get out of the ghetto. Then maybe one day when they get out of the ghetto they can find ideas to help slove the ghettos of our country.

I really dont see whats wrong with affirmative action. Besides, if you ever look in the nice rich areas of this country, it's all white people.

As a whole, white people in this country have it 10 times better than minorities.

if you didn't get into manhattan and some poor black kid who isn't as smart as you did, would you feel the same way?