SportsWrath

O'hara might be gone after this season

boohyah

read in the paper this morning that O'Hara's deal is up at season's end and that he looking for 6 years at $30 mill. The agent he has the Giants have a bad history with, most of his clients have gone elsewhere. Perhaps Rich Seubert at center is something we could be looking at next year. Anybody hear anything else on this.

read in the paper this morning that O'Hara's deal is up at season's end and that he looking for 6 years at $30 mill. The agent he has the Giants have a bad history with, most of his clients have gone elsewhere. Perhaps Rich Seubert at center is something we could be looking at next year. Anybody hear anything else on this.

I haven't heard anything and I'm not worried. Right now we got some football to play. I like O'Hara but whoever filled in for him (Seubert I think) against the Panthers did a great job.

I heard rumors in training camp that they had Seubert filling in for O'hara for after this year. Apparently (and this is just rumor, take it with a grain of salt), when they re-signed Seubert, there was a "hush, hush... you'll be starting soon if you stay here," vibe to it.

I think O'hara is as heady as they come, but not very physical. Seubert would be an upgrade, IMHO.

I heard rumors in training camp that they had Seubert filling in for O'hara for after this year. Apparently (and this is just rumor, take it with a grain of salt), when they re-signed Seubert, there was a "hush, hush... you'll be starting soon if you stay here," vibe to it.

I think O'hara is as heady as they come, but not very physical. Seubert would be an upgrade, IMHO.

Agree...could use more aggression from that position.

I would like getting O'Hara back. Changing centers is easy, and Seubert as an extra TE has been a godsend. I'd like to keep him there.

O'Hara is a beast on the screen. Against Jacksonville he took down two guys at once all by himself.

I think the Giants will try and keep O'Hara. We've finally gotten to a point where our OL is very steady, and i'm sure if Tiki is indeed gone this year, we'll want to keep the entire OL intact for BJ next season and for Manning and his continued development. O'Hara has been steady enough to keep close to the oranization for the long haul. If it ain't broke don't fix it IMO. 6yr/50mil really isn't that bad for a good OL, We paid mckenzie $7/per year and that was 2 years ago.

I think the Giants will try and keep O'Hara. We've finally gotten to a point where our OL is very steady, and i'm sure if Tiki is indeed gone this year, we'll want to keep the entire OL intact for BJ next season and for Manning and his continued development. O'Hara has been steady enough to keep close to the oranization for the long haul. If it ain't broke don't fix it IMO. 6yr/50mil really isn't that bad for a good OL, We paid mckenzie $7/per year and that was 2 years ago.

Welcome back! :)

but I'm going to have disagree with you. I think Suebert would be a better Center than O'Hara. in fact, I bet the Giants FO are probably thinking the samething.

yeah, you gotta figure there must be some reason why the giants locked EVERY offensive starter up long term last year besides o'hara. then again it could be his asking price

Centers are a lot like DT's; they can be developed and they do not have to be all world in order for you to have a good line. So if he is asking for that kind of cash ... I say let him walk and we can use the dollars for a free agent offensive lineman or DB.

Centers are a lot like DT's; they can be developed and they do not have to be all world in order for you to have a good line. So if he is asking for that kind of cash ... I say let him walk and we can use the dollars for a free agent offensive lineman or DB.

Im sorry, I like O'hara, but I just don't think he's worth that kind of money.