SportsWrath

I'm defending Eli..

Nas

So now we're hearing about Romo and Rivers. And now suddenly Eli Sucks... flat out. Well let me tell you that as almost each and everyone of us was happy to get Eli with that trade with SD.. and hardly any of us knew who Rivers was... I'm still standing by my QB Eli Manning.

The comparisons drawn to rivers and romo are unfair to say the least. Any observer of our games can see a trend. Eli might've been struggling but it's hardly all his fault. Our receivers are not getting open... no seperation... giving him very little room to throw. Our D can't stop anyone with all the injuries we have and if Eli and the offense are on the sidelines, there isn't much they can do.

Ever since Luke went down, Eli has been looking over his shoulder. It took that brain fart OC of ours an entire week to figure out BoB Whitfield needs help. The Jags shut down our running game making us one demintional and therefore predictable.

I'm not throwing the towel on the kid. I haven't forgotten his TD pass to Amani Toomer against Denver and I sure haven't forgotten his great moments under pressure including that amazing performance against SD in that hostile environment. I'm not jumping ship on the kid and if this ship sinks I will sink with it.

I will not accuse anyone of being a fake fan because I don't believe anyone here isn't a sincere Giants fan. All I'm asking is for you to keep it in perspective and that this sport takes an entire team. Romo has Terry Glenn and TO.. who do we have? Plax? The I'll give full effort 20% of the time Plax? that Plax? Or Toomer whom we lost for the season? Oh how about I just made a catch so let me fumble it Carter?

I loved the kid when he brought us great moments in his very young career and I'm sticking with the kid when he's struggling.

So now we're hearing about Romo and Rivers. And now suddenly Eli Sucks... flat out. Well let me tell you that as almost each and everyone of us was happy to get Eli with that trade with SD.. and hardly any of us knew who Rivers was... I'm still standing by my QB Eli Manning.

The comparisons drawn to rivers and romo are unfair to say the least. Any observer of our games can see a trend. Eli might've been struggling but it's hardly all his fault. Our receivers are not getting open... no seperation... giving him very little room to throw. Our D can't stop anyone with all the injuries we have and if Eli and the offense are on the sidelines, there isn't much they can do.

Ever since Luke went down, Eli has been looking over his shoulder. It took that brain fart OC of ours an entire week to figure out BoB Whitfield needs help. The Jags shut down our running game making us one demintional and therefore predictable.

I'm not throwing the towel on the kid. I haven't forgotten his TD pass to Amani Toomer against Denver and I sure haven't forgotten his great moments under pressure including that amazing performance against SD in that hostile environment. I'm not jumping ship on the kid and if this ship sinks I will sink with it.

I will not accuse anyone of being a fake fan because I don't believe anyone here isn't a sincere Giants fan. All I'm asking is for you to keep it in perspective and that this sport takes an entire team. Romo has Terry Glenn and TO.. who do we have? Plax? The I'll give full effort 20% of the time Plax? that Plax? Or Toomer whom we lost for the season? Oh how about I just made a catch so let me fumble it Carter?

I loved the kid when he brought us great moments in his very young career and I'm sticking with the kid when he's struggling.

A great post that tells the honest truth. :clap:

In retrospective...I'm giving Eli and Company this game vs. the Titans to straighten out the offensive woes. If I see the same SHIT that I've seen the last 4-5 weeks I am jumping OFF this 'Bandwagon'. And IF Eli doesn't show me something positive in this Titan game...I will say 'fuck Eli' and not support him! I am tired of his sour puss pouting on the sideline after every fuck up. Eli, you are a GROWN ass man that's getting paid big bucks. Show some fucking life, grow the fuck up and demand to Coughlin to put in plays that will work for you. And Eli, be a fuckin' leader of the team and jump in Plax's ass! That mother fucker drops a pass and you ELI wont go near him to get on his ass??? What kind of leadership is that? And instead of standing all alone on the sidelines Eli, why don't you discuss shit with your sorry OC?? Fuck Eli, what are you a placekicker or a leader of the Offense?

One chance Eli...show me the 'money' vs. the Titans!

In retrospective...I'm giving Eli and Company this game vs. the Titans to straighten out the offensive woes. If I see the same SHIT that I've seen the last 4-5 weeks I am jumping OFF this 'Bandwagon'. And IF Eli doesn't show me something positive in this Titan game...I will say 'fuck Eli' and not support him! I am tired of his sour puss pouting on the sideline after every fuck up. Eli, you are a GROWN ass man that's getting paid big bucks. Show some fucking life, grow the fuck up and demand to Coughlin to put in plays that will work for you. And Eli, be a fuckin' leader of the team and jump in Plax's ass! That mother fucker drops a pass and you ELI wont go near him to get on his ass??? What kind of leadership is that? And instead of standing all alone on the sidelines Eli, why don't you discuss shit with your sorry OC?? Fuck Eli, what are you a placekicker or a leader of the Offense?

Speaking of Plays... doens't Eli shine when he calls his own plays?

Thanks man.

Just imagine how different the game would've been had Plax caught the deep ball and Carter not fumbled.

I think it was very close to over at that point with Carter's fumble because we would've needed virtually 4 TDs because we were down by 16. However, Plax's TD drop was a killer. After that I was pissed off bad because I knew the game was over after that. But we really didn't deserve to be in the game at that point. If Jacksonville learned how to catch in the first half and we didn't get a few breaks on penalties then it was over midway through the 3rd quarter.

It's gonna be lows 70s and sunny in Tennessee. If Eli can't have a big game in this weather, I don't know when he can.

Exactly! And also when there is a spread formation and a quick pass designed. That's when he thrives. We know he has the big throw in his arm that'll come out at some point, and we've seen in the no huddle how effective he can be.

The thing is, a no huddle has to requre a defense and offense you can trust. The Colts could do no huddle all the time because they knew it would work all the time. We still don't know that with Eli, and failing while doing the no huddle can backfire badly.

YES!

...I've said that in other posts, and threads///This Eli isn't comfortable with the sideline play calling. He shines on the 3 min drill and 2 min drill when he calls his own plays. But that doesn't mean Eli has to fuckin' pout and fall apart mechanically when the OC calls them plays for him. Eli, u are still a multi million dollar QB that's a #1 pick. Fix your shit by Saturday night....because come Sunday if I see your ass throwing ducks, 5 yd passes at recievers feet and making bad decisions...I'm disowning YOU!!!!

I was thinking about this just yesterday while watching the football games. I saw Glenn and Owens open all day long, while it seems like the Giants' receivers are always blanketed. That can't be Eli's fault. That said, he still needs to play much better than he has been. I will not throw in the towel, either, but I will no longer defend him when he plays shitty. There are just no more excuses for him, he needs to step up. And it wouldn't hurt if the coaching staff finally came up with a plan to help him and get him in situations where he can succeed. Run the damn ball and pick up the pace on offense. He definitely plays with more of a sense of urgency, thus plays better, when the pace of the game on offense is picked up. I still believe in this kid, and I am looking forward to him quieting his critics. Will it happen? :ph34r: I sure hope so.

Eli wouldnt suck so much if he wusnt such a Bitch he needs to step up grab some face masks and give orders and really show that killer instinct. He is to calm and quite and unsecure and his play is showing it right now. But maybe thats wut he needs a dose of reality to step up and be a great leader.

Eli wouldnt suck so much if he wusnt such a Bitch he needs to step up grab some face masks and give orders and really show that killer instinct. He is to calm and quite and unsecure and his play is showing it right now. But maybe thats wut he needs a dose of reality to step up and be a great leader.

They showed one scene where he was conferring with the backups and Gilbride...I guess that was after the gatorade boy spit in his juice. But Opie Cookie Puss needs a boot in his ass....and he needs to climb over the fuckups on his team. Enough of this half-stepping bullshit. Produce or sit your own ass down till you feel that you can. Stop acting like "The Chosen One" and be "The Man" more consistently. I am not off of the bandwagon yet...but I was never really on it. I think it was a gamble to trade all of those picks for this kid...but it was a gamble that I felt that the Giants had to take. In a high stakes game you have to go for broke sometimes and not sit there with a puckered up asshole.

YES!

...I've said that in other posts, and threads///This Eli isn't comfortable with the sideline play calling. He shines on the 3 min drill and 2 min drill when he calls his own plays. But that doesn't mean Eli has to fuckin' pout and fall apart mechanically when the OC calls them plays for him. Eli, u are still a multi million dollar QB that's a #1 pick. Fix your shit by Saturday night....because come Sunday if I see your ass throwing ducks, 5 yd passes at recievers feet and making bad decisions...I'm disowning YOU!!!!

Fucking A...took the words right out of my mouth.

I'll still stick with Eli even if the team tanks this year. We have a fucking decimated team with a young QB. The defense stunk earlier this year when they were fully healthy. Eli isn't the only one that needs to step up, it's the whole team.

Eli was crucified last year after the playoff disaster. What has Barber done in the playoffs? He had one good game in San Francisco when our defense collapsed. Speaking of our defense, when was the last time they made a crucial stop when the game was on the line in the postseason? They only played one good game in the 42-0 championship game and stunk it up in the Super Bowl. Besides that one game, they haven't been the same since Parcells. They have been a bend but don't break defense, but they have broke in every post season game since 1990 excluding the 42-0 game. Eli was blamed last year in the first Cowboy game after he tied up the game only for the defense to break again.

I understand you make a good point about Eli showing guys around him who the leader is. That kind of leadership comes with success and experience. In other words it's very hard to yell at people for fucking up when you fuck up from time to time yourself. Further, in you need to be yelled at in the NFL, you shouldn't be in the NFL. Our players should come with character. I never understood why the Giants went after Plax. I'm sure they saw his performance and his work ethic. Why couldn't we land a guy like Stallwarth? He's quiet and plays hard.

Let's give the kid a chance; he's far better than any QB we've had in a very very very long time.

I'll still stick with Eli even if the team tanks this year. We have a fucking decimated team with a young QB. The defense stunk earlier this year when they were fully healthy. Eli isn't the only one that needs to step up, it's the whole team.

Eli was crucified last year after the playoff disaster. What has Barber done in the playoffs? He had one good game in San Francisco when our defense collapsed. Speaking of our defense, when was the last time they made a crucial stop when the game was on the line in the postseason? They only played one good game in the 42-0 championship game and stunk it up in the Super Bowl. Besides that one game, they haven't been the same since Parcells. They have been a bend but don't break defense, but they have broke in every post season game since 1990 excluding the 42-0 game. Eli was blamed last year in the first Cowboy game after he tied up the game only for the defense to break again.

Very true. I missed having a good D. Since John Fox left us, our D has been horrible.

Even with John Fox, they broke down in the Super Bowl against a team that had no offense.

Well that's because Sehorn was busy checking out his lipstick... But still that game the Ravens had the better game plan and it was the exception to the rule... now.. it feels like we're the rams (as disgusting as that sounds)

Nas, you make a good point and anybody reasonable on here understands this. But every player needs a ticking off every now and then and Eli needs one now. No doubt that when he's on he's very good, but the only excuse for his poor play these weeks is simply he's not trying hard enough. Some of his passing in recent weeks wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Somebody made a remark about carter dropping the ball, I don't like Carter as a whole, but I can't fault him too much for that play, he made a good catch and he was trying to make a play after the catch which the Giants needed and he had the ball punched out. he makes a lot of other mistakes but i don't consider that a bad move. Plax not giving all his effort on some passes is a lot worse.

Exactly what I said in MY Eli rant. I'm tired of arguing with people who call him a bust, when he hasn't done anything to back me up!!!

He has to show me something this weekend or I'm joining the "Fire Eli" team.

It has always been common knowledge that Plaxico Burress is not only a poor route runner, but a lazy one as well(as very well pointed out by Theisman for a change last Monday) and Tim Carter is not what I would call "Torry Holt like" in his precison and technique as a route runner. With that said, its apparent, the Giants miss a fundamentally sound WR like Toomer greatly. Aside from Shockey, who runs crisp routes(yet does forget which way to go from time to time)there is not one reciever out there now that is what you would classify as a fundmentally sound router runner. I am almost starting to believe that Plaxico's atheletic ability as a WR as opposed to his fundamentality as one is killing ELI. It's almost as if the way PLAX plays WR(out jumps guys, tips balls to himself, etc)is the way that ELI Manning is playing QB in attempting to get him the ball. I have seen ELI Manning look his best when he was finding the open Toomer on good solid pass routes. Think back to the Washinton and the Philly game this year, Toomer had good games and ELI's passer rating, comp%(all the things that mind bogglingly anyone seems to care about) were quite good. DO not get me wrong, Plaxico Burress is an added advantage to this team with his height and athletic ability, but I think that ELI is playing QB as to how he plays WR. I think that is trickling down all over and its affecting his game. What this team could use is a good solid possesion type WR who runs solid routes and gets open, sadly at this point in the season that will be difficult.

Exactly what I said in MY Eli rant. I'm tired of arguing with people who call him a bust, when he hasn't done anything to back me up!!!

He has to show me something this weekend or I'm joining the "Fire Eli" team.

:LMAO:

It has always been common knowledge that Plaxico Burress is not only a poor route runner, but a lazy one as well(as very well pointed out by Theisman for a change last Monday) and Tim Carter is not what I would call "Torry Holt like" in his precison and technique as a route runner. With that said, its apparent, the Giants miss a fundamentally sound WR like Toomer greatly. Aside from Shockey, who runs crisp routes(yet does forget which way to go from time to time)there is not one reciever out there now that is what you would classify as a fundmentally sound router runner. I am almost starting to believe that Plaxico's atheletic ability as a WR as opposed to his fundamentality as one is killing ELI. It's almost as if the way PLAX plays WR(out jumps guys, tips balls to himself, etc)is the way that ELI Manning is playing QB in attempting to get him the ball. I have seen ELI Manning look his best when he was finding the open Toomer on good solid pass routes. Think back to the Washinton and the Philly game this year, Toomer had good games and ELI's passer rating, comp%(all the things that mind bogglingly anyone seems to care about) were quite good. DO not get me wrong, Plaxico Burress is an added advantage to this team with his height and athletic ability, but I think that ELI is playing QB as to how he plays WR. I think that is trickling down all over and its affecting his game. What this team could use is a good solid possesion type WR who runs solid routes and gets open, sadly at this point in the season that will be difficult.

Agreed.................The WORST thing that happened to Eli this season, was the loss of Toomer. Toomer was clutch and made plays between Plax's great and bad plays.