SportsWrath

Here We Go Again

Scipio

here we go again on our downward spiral, are they going to blow it now. We gave away two great QB's for a stinky one. This guy is bringing us down now

Are you talking about Kerry "I'll show you guys" Collins? Or Curt "Sacks/fumbles don't effect my Passer-Rating" Warner? :LMAO:

One thing Eli may need is a real fire under his ass. Someone needs to get on him and get him consistent. He shouldn't get this "Golden Boy" feeling like this job is his no matter what happens this season. TC has to stop protecting Eli so much.

We have been winnning games with Eli playing average.

One thing Eli may need is a real fire under his ass. Someone needs to get on him and get him consistent. He shouldn't get this "Golden Boy" feeling like this job is his no matter what happens this season. TC has to stop protecting Eli so much.

We have been winnning games with Eli playing average.

Agreed.

I have been very displeased with his performance lately. It's time for him to grow up and take the team on his shoulders.

See?....................and you thought I was a homer.

His performance this season hasn't been spectacular, but there isn't any reason to abandon all hope. The kid has the skills, he just has to grow a nutsack.

I am Impressed!!!! :) There's still hope for Eli, but that Bears game was his time to shine, and he stunk up the joint. :(

I am Impressed!!!! :) There's still hope for Eli, but that Bears game was his time to shine, and he stunk up the joint. :(

I am glad, since impressing you is what my goal in life is. :LMAO:

Yes, I had hoped and (and even predicted) that Eli would step up and win this game for us, but he looked bad. Luke going down didn't help, but Eli was just awful.

Once Eli fixes those 'mechanics' he will be okay. Once Eli learns to execute in a standard offense (he already excels in a 3 min, 2min drill)...he'll be okay. And Once we turn Tiki into what the Chargers have in L.Tomlinson the Giants will win more...

...that being said. IF I had the chance to take Phil Rivers, Ben Rothllisberger or Eli...I would grab Eli....he fits the Giants system.

Ben isn't that great when he throws over 30 times, Phillip wasn't ready 2 yrs ago. Eli has won some big games despite the depleated WR core.

Pittsburgh has Ward and had Randle El.

Chargers has Gates, Mccardel and L. Tom.

Giants (in Eli's first yr) had Toomer, Carter, Tyree, Shockey (and Shockey played hurt). Eli has impressed me more with less.

Once Eli fixes those 'mechanics' he will be okay. Once Eli learns to execute in a standard offense (he already excels in a 3 min, 2min drill)...he'll be okay. And Once we turn Tiki into what the Chargers have in L.Tomlinson the Giants will win more...

...that being said. IF I had the chance to take Phil Rivers, Ben Rothllisberger or Eli...I would grab Eli....he fits the Giants system.

Ben isn't that great when he throws over 30 times, Phillip wasn't ready 2 yrs ago. Eli has won some big games despite the depleated WR core.

Pittsburgh has Ward and had Randle El.

Chargers has Gates, Mccardel and L. Tom.

Giants (in Eli's first yr) had Toomer, Carter, Tyree, Shockey (and Shockey played hurt). Eli has impressed me more with less.

Tiki??

And what about this year? Eli had Burress, Toomer, Shockey, Tiki, Jacobs.... That's a pretty nice supporting cast. He was playing well up until a few weeks ago. I hope he can turn it around, but it will be hard to do with the opposing team's DE mauling him from behind. I have no faith in Whitfield whatsoever. Watch your back Eli! :ph34r:

Tiki??

And what about this year? Eli had Burress, Toomer, Shockey, Tiki, Jacobs.... That's a pretty nice supporting cast. He was playing up until a few weeks ago. I hope he can turn it around, but it will be hard to do with the opposing team's DE mauling him from behind. I have no faith in Whitfield whatsoever. Watch your back Eli! :ph34r:

This year Eli has a better supporting cast. A big reciever, Toomer was the go to possesion guy and Shockey is the TE that's top 5 in the league. My concern is Eli hasn't really looked comfortable EVER in a normal huddle up offense or the Giants play calling on Offense. Eli looks great in a hurry up offense. I think he's allowed to do what Eli feels comfortable with in a 3 min or 2 min drill.

Sorry for forgetting Tiki!!!! :rock:

This year Eli has a better supporting cast. A big reciever, Toomer was the go to possesion guy and Shockey is the TE that's top 5 in the league. My concern is Eli hasn't really looked comfortable EVER in a normal huddle up offense or the Giants play calling on Offense. Eli looks great in a hurry up offense. I think he's allowed to do what Eli feels comfortable with in a 3 min or 2 min drill.

Sorry for forgetting Tiki!!!! :rock:

I agree that he looks better when they go into the no huddle. Maybe it really is the coaching staff that is holding him back. They definitely don't utilize Tiki as much as they should, or Jacobs for that matter. A little more Tiki, alot more Jacobs and a bit more of the "hurry up" offense, and we should be alright. I will never understand why a team with the league's leading rusher and a backup RB who could probably start for more than half the teams in the NFL doesn't run the ball more. I think it's pretty simple. Run the ball, move the chains, own the clock, keep your banged up defense off the field, WIN!

The Giants averaged 6.8 yards per carry against the Bears. We can run on anyone.

Can we merge this topic under one huge pinned one Entitled "GIANTS FANS WORRIED ABOUT MANNING< MAKING DAVE BROWN LOOK GOOD".

On a side note we can also pin a topic thread for when ELI plays like he did in the Eagle and SKin game entitled "ELI HAS ONLY PLAYED 30 GAMES, YET HE IS THE BEST EVER".

We can save so much damn space in here if we do that.

Can we merge this topic under one huge pinned one Entitled "GIANTS FANS WORRIED ABOUT MANNING< MAKING DAVE BROWN LOOK GOOD".

On a side note we can also pin a topic thread for when ELI plays like he did in the Eagle and SKin game entitled "ELI HAS ONLY PLAYED 30 GAMES, YET HE IS THE BEST EVER".

We can save so much damn space in here if we do that.

AMEN! The progression of a young quarterback is not something for the faint of heart....or bandwagon jumpers. It takes as long as it takes...some catch lightning in a bottle....some take 3-4 years. We will see.

AMEN! The progression of a young quarterback is not something for the faint of heart....or bandwagon jumpers. It takes as long as it takes...some catch lightning in a bottle....some take 3-4 years. We will see.

It's his 3rd season....and so far Eli is progressing slowly. Question is: can this coaching staff make a playbook that is great for Eli? Because Eli isn't confident in these current plays that the Giants run.