SportsWrath

Did Coughlin quit?

Hampton27 missed

I guess many posters aren't interested in this thread. I seriously think that it was worse than the FG call. A coach is the one that tells his team never to quit. With that call, he let his team know that he quit. It probably would have nothing to do with the outcome but that's not the message you want to send your team. I like Coughlin and I want him to succeed, I just think that was a big blunder.

Or anything you have to say, for that matter.

Shouldn't you be worshipping your Homo Romo doll?

I guess you havent watched too many other games this season :brooding:

I have only missed 2 games since 1985 because of funerals. TC has made some mistakes but this is the one that really irked me. I don't whine about every decision, we are 6-3.

Everybody (myself included) is ripping Coughlin apart for the field goal, because we figured the defense could have held them at that point. You can't argue the other way as well on a 4th and 10, especially with the way eli was passing. Show some mercy.

Sorry but you play to win. We were losing by 18 (3 TDs) with 7 minutes left. You can't punt in that situation and if you do, than you're quitting. We were at the 49 yard line. I like Coughlin and I'm real happy with the Giants. I just don't understand that call. I believe that call was far worse than the FG call because it sends the wrong message to a team that is known not to quit.

The game is over and I expect our team to have a few losses. I'm just questioning that call. That's what this message board is for. I'm sorry if I bothered anybody by raising this question but I have been a member since the day we all came over here from the CE section.

Sorry but you play to win. We were losing by 18 (3 TDs) with 7 minutes left. You can't punt in that situation and if you do, than you're quitting. We were at the 49 yard line. I like Coughlin and I'm real happy with the Giants. I just don't understand that call. I believe that call was far worse than the FG call because it sends the wrong message to a team that is known not to quit.

The game is over and I expect our team to have a few losses. I'm just questioning that call. That's what this message board is for. I'm sorry if I bothered anybody by raising this question but I have been a member since the day we all came over here from the CE section.

It doesn't compute that you have been a member since the CE section was cancelled. You only have 77 posts in all that time. If you changed you screen name, what was it before the change?

It doesn't compute that you have been a member since the CE section was cancelled. You only have 77 posts in all that time. If you changed you screen name, what was it before the change?

My account somehow got deleted but I am Hampton27 missed. I changed my profile name but I can always change it back after 90 days. I had over 3000 posts when I came here because Nemesis kept our post count from GMB. When my account was deleted, I lost all my posts but it's no big deal for me.

Coughlin will take us to the play-offs. Quit bitching over one fucking loss. No-one expected us to go undefeated.

Sure he will...and then what? More poor game planning...throwing like a madman...yes we'll get to the playoffs. Since Coughlin, Lewis and Hufnagel are all insane they'll try the same shit (Pass-happy offense, 1st half agressive and 2nd half prevent-nothing defense) and expect different results. They'll get ripped to shreds in the playoffs again. Tiki, Shockey and even Mike Vick are right...we keep getting outcoached with our vanilla schemes.

Now we've had success with our "vanilla"...when we were much healthier and were beating opponents with talent alone. This is the part of the year when "vanilla" doesn't work anymore and the coaches need to coach! Once again...we're on the internet begging the coaching staff to adjust and actually coach.

Also that one fucking loss is the same type of game that the Giants consistently lose...a chance to be elite and blow it. The Giants are just "good" with our coaches. It's becoming painfully clear the coaches are holding the Giants back.

If we beat Seattle last year...the Giants would have been the #1 seed. This Bears loss puts us again in the same situation.

My account somehow got deleted but I am Hampton27 missed. I changed my profile name but I can always change it back after 90 days. I had over 3000 posts when I came here because Nemesis kept our post count from GMB. When my account was deleted, I lost all my posts but it's no big deal for me.
Thank you for answering my question. :) As a giant fan for over 55 years (I am 69), I am well aware of the many ist round mistakes they made in the draft. Top one was, imo, Joe Don Looney but I still think that Accosi should have taken either Big Ben or Philip Rivers and not given away draft picks in the next draft. Eli, imo, is not and never will be, the qb that his big brother is. He is a second level player and doesn't learn from his mistakes. With him at the helm, we will always be chasing after the Super Bowl win. :)

Thank you for answering my question. :) As a giant fan for over 55 years (I am 69), I am well aware of the many ist round mistakes they made in the draft. Top one was, imo, Joe Don Looney but I still think that Accosi should have taken either Big Ben or Philip Rivers and not given away draft picks in the next draft. Eli, imo, is not and never will be, the qb that his big brother is. He is a second level player and doesn't learn from his mistakes. With him at the helm, we will always be chasing after the Super Bowl win. :)

Well, a couple of draft picks don't mean much to me especially after seeing all the bad decisions that have been made over the years. As far as Eli not being as good as his brother, I'm in agreement and I know he doesn't have to be. Eli plays in the meadowlands. As far as throwing TD passes, he has surpassed all of our other Giant QBs since 1968 (albeit it was a 14 game season) and he might break that one this year. As far as making the same mistakes, I see less mistakes in his first 3 years than many other highly successful QBs.

It took Phil Simms 13 years to pass 60 % completions and in most of his years, he threw more INTs than TDs including the 86 SB. Simms' stats

Staubach's young career didn't look any better

It took Aikman until his 3rd year to throw 65% and Eli surpassed his best year in TD passes in his first full season. And yes, Aikman had a much better team

If you been watching football for 55 years, you should know that it takes a few years and sometimes 5-6 years for most QBs to develope. Peace

Bud, I wasn't trying to attack you. When I wrote "Show some mercy," I meant towards Coughlin, not to the board, if that's what you were thinking. If not, great, but I just wanted to be clear.

I disagree with you, but I think you have a reasonable argument. I just think after the field goal fiasco, it's not surprising for TC to get conservative.

Bud, I wasn't trying to attack you. When I wrote "Show some mercy," I meant towards Coughlin, not to the board, if that's what you were thinking. If not, great, but I just wanted to be clear.

I disagree with you, but I think you have a reasonable argument. I just think after the field goal fiasco, it's not surprising for TC to get conservative.

No problem and I know you weren't trying to be harsh. I quoted you, but my response was meant for Treehugger because he said to quit bitching. I don't want any other coach, I like the job TC has done and I'm really not bitching. Some of the responses led me to believe that I may have read too much into that call. Thank you for your input, that's what message boards are for.

No problem and I know you weren't trying to be harsh. I quoted you, but my response was meant for Treehugger because he said to quit bitching. I don't want any other coach, I like the job TC has done and I'm really not bitching. Some of the responses led me to believe that I may have read too much into that call. Thank you for your input, that's what message boards are for.

:TU: