SportsWrath

Did Coughlin quit?

Hampton27 missed

Also that one fucking loss is the same type of game that the Giants consistently lose...a chance to be elite and blow it. The Giants are just "good" with our coaches. It's becoming painfully clear the coaches are holding the Giants back.

If we beat Seattle last year...the Giants would have been the #1 seed. This Bears loss puts us again in the same situation.

I don't think we are better than the Bears, especially not when we're missing ten starters. I don't think we were better than Seattle last year either. We're a good team but we're certainly not the best.

No problem and I know you weren't trying to be harsh. I quoted you, but my response was meant for Treehugger because he said to quit bitching. I don't want any other coach, I like the job TC has done and I'm really not bitching. Some of the responses led me to believe that I may have read too much into that call. Thank you for your input, that's what message boards are for.

Sorry, I didn't mean you in particular but the board as a whole.

I've been very grumpy lately. I think I'll take a few days off the boards lest I upset even more people.

it must be that cheesy new avatar Tree!!!!

TC is not a bad coach. There are times that I think we are a bit pass happy on O and I would like to see us use the no huddle a bit more but firing TC would be a pretty drastic over reaction. We are 6-3 after playing a tougher schedule than anyone in the league except for mabby Cincy for crying out loud.

what do you guys want "he who will not be named" to return as coach. We don't even use the "h" word in my family

Sure he will...and then what? More poor game planning...throwing like a madman...yes we'll get to the playoffs. Since Coughlin, Lewis and Hufnagel are all insane they'll try the same shit (Pass-happy offense, 1st half agressive and 2nd half prevent-nothing defense) and expect different results. They'll get ripped to shreds in the playoffs again. Tiki, Shockey and even Mike Vick are right...we keep getting outcoached with our vanilla schemes.

Now we've had success with our "vanilla"...when we were much healthier and were beating opponents with talent alone. This is the part of the year when "vanilla" doesn't work anymore and the coaches need to coach! Once again...we're on the internet begging the coaching staff to adjust and actually coach.

Also that one fucking loss is the same type of game that the Giants consistently lose...a chance to be elite and blow it. The Giants are just "good" with our coaches. It's becoming painfully clear the coaches are holding the Giants back.

If we beat Seattle last year...the Giants would have been the #1 seed. This Bears loss puts us again in the same situation.

I understand what you are saying here, and I understand the frustration, but that game was lost on 2 plays. We had a good game plan, we ran the ball well and it would have continued if we weren't down by 11. If the D stops that 3rd and 22 debacle of a play, we go into halftime up 10 instead of 3. If we punt the ball instead of "kick" the field goal, the D has a chance at stopping the bears offense and we could have been up 3 at that point. If one of those 2 plays goes differently, especially the 3rd and 22, that is a completely different game.

We hung tough with probably the best team in the conference with 8 or so starters missing, which is a huge positive in my mind. All of this coach bashing is getting a little far. We lost one big game with a depleted roster, our QB having a bad game in bad weather, and we didn't get our faces stomped in. If the players executed on 2 plays in the game we would be having a different conversation this week.

Sorry, I didn't mean you in particular but the board as a whole.

I've been very grumpy lately. I think I'll take a few days off the boards lest I upset even more people.

No problem and I can understand your frustrations. If my memory serves me correct, you are from Australia and you've always been a good poster.